Law enforcement report
¢ Fire crews responded to a semitrailer on fire about 8:40 p.m. Monday in the eastbound lane of I-70 near mile marker 199, according to dispatch. There were no injuries, dispatch said. Wakarusa Township Fire Chief Chris Moore said the fire was caused by electrical and motor malfunctioning. He said the loss was estimated to be $25,000.
Burglaries and thefts reported
¢ An estimated $3,160 in items were reported stolen from a residence in Jayhawker Towers, according to a report from Kansas University's Public Safety Office. The incident occurred between 12:30 p.m. Thursday and 12:15 p.m. Friday.
¢ About $1,700 worth of CDs and other items were reported stolen from a residence in the 700 block of Ohio Street. The incident occurred between 8 a.m. Friday and 4 p.m. Saturday.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported no fire calls.