2008 NCAA Tournament
Get your March Madness fix at KUSports.com.
After the game - When the bells of the Campanile ring tonight, you can thank Kim Sedberry and her fellow classmates in the carillon class.
Sedberry, a Dallas senior, signed up for the class earlier this year with about a dozen other students. They take lessons from the university's head carillonneur, Elizabeth Berghout.
In exchange for enrolling in the class, they're allowed to check out keys to get into the Campanille. Sedberry said she checked hers out today in hopes that the Jayhawks would win.
"We thought about it Saturday walking back from Mass. Street, but I didn't have my key," Sedberry said Monday night before the game ended. "If we win, I'll go up there and play the Alma Mater."
Sedberry didn't know if she'd be going straight to the Campanile or going a little bit after KU's win - but at some point tonight you'll here the Campanile bells ring because Sedberry or someone in her class is playing.
2007-08 April 7 KU-Memphis
- Bill Self talks with the media after winning the first national championship of his decorated coaching career
- Brandon Rush talks about Monday's win and what's next for him
- Darnell Jackson talks about the perfect culmination to a long year
- Darrell Arthur talks about stepping up in more ways than one en route to 20 points and 10 rebounds Monday
- Jeremy Case talks about Mario Chalmers' heroics and ending his career on the highest of notes
- Mario Chalmers talks about his now-legendary late-game heroics
- Rodrick Stewart talks about enjoying the final win of his KU career despite the pain in his knee
- Ronnie Chalmers talks about how his son's heroics were a long time in the making
- Sasha Kaun talks about KU stepping it up big in the paint - namely Darrell Arthur
- Sherron Collins talks about where this win ranks in his life's accomplishments
KU vs. Memphis
- Mario and the miracle! (04-08-08)
- Arthur comes up big (04-08-08)
- Tigers lament loss (04-08-08)
- KU works overtime for title (04-08-08)
- 'We're better than everyone' (04-08-08)
- Nearly 40,000 turn out to commemorate win (04-08-08)
- KU cancels classes Tuesday to celebrate victory (04-07-08)
- Around and about Lawrence on the night of the NCAA championship (04-08-08)
- Keegan: Kansas' best - ever (04-07-08)
- Kansas basketball notebook (04-08-08)
- Extra Minutes: Kansas 75, Memphis 68 (OT) (04-08-08)
- Commentary: Title mends Jayhawks' grieving hearts (04-08-08)
- KU's previous Final Four history (04-08-08)
- What others are saying about... (04-08-08)
- Final four No. 1 Seed vs. No. 1 Seed (04-08-08)
- NCAA Tournament MOP's (04-08-08)