Archive for Friday, March 16, 2007

Lawrence police officer involved in shooting will not face charges

March 16, 2007

Lawrence police officer involved in shooting will not face charges

A Lawrence police officer who shot and killed an armed woman in September will not face criminal charges. Enlarge video

Comments

DownHomeDude 7 years, 4 months ago

Squire did what he had to do. "Ya gotta live it though!" Thats what Detective Kelly Otis of the Wichita Police Department once told me about the officer-in -involved shootings he had been in.

DownHomeDude 7 years, 4 months ago

Squire did what he had to do. "Ya gotta with live it though!" Thats what Detective Kelly Otis of the Wichita Police Department once told me about the officer-in -involved shootings he had been in.

yellowhouse 7 years, 4 months ago

HEY dthroat Just to keep your life interesting here is another one of my annoying story links...you wont see this story in the Journal World....and where did RON KNOX go?

dthroat 7 years, 4 months ago

I just wish the LJW would have WRITTEN an article about this instead of just posting Ch. 6 video (which I can't get to work). I enjoy READING when I look at a NEWSPAPER.

dthroat 7 years, 4 months ago

Wow, Smitty - pretty tame post for you. No direct reference to events 20+ years ago or conspiracy theories. Good Job.!! BTW- I don't know for certain, but I assume since any investigation is over the coroner's report should be unsealed and filed with the clerk of the district court, as most are.

I think all we need here is a post from yellowhouse linking us to some unrelated (untruthful) information on another site. Or how about just a poem????? gotta miss those.

Drifter 7 years, 4 months ago

Squire murdered Marsha Mace

Michael Capra 7 years, 4 months ago

the cop did what he could do what a shame all the way around

yellowhouse 7 years, 4 months ago

Squire is a police officer, he is sworn to uphold the law, and most police officers go into this job hoping to make a difference, not kill someone.

I think that being involved in the shooting of this beautiful young woman would be a horrible thing to have to live with. It is something he will carry with him the rest of his life, justified or not..its done and at this point its between him and God.

But if you werent there then you cannot possibly understand the position he was in when he had the need to fire that gun or what he is going through from having to make that decision.

This is just one part of a very difficult, unappreciated dangerous job.

jonas 7 years, 4 months ago

"Posted by smitty (anonymous) on March 17, 2007 at 7:02 p.m. (Suggest removal)

Can one officer arme3d with a rifle get tqwo shotw off accurately enough to make a hit to the face and the body?"

Hell yeah, man! I was re-playing "GoldenEye" on the Nintendo 64 the other day and I got a 96% head shot percentage. . . and the only miss was the Russian Agent I shot in the knee to make him lean over in pain, so I could then get the headshot.

How much harder could it be in real life?

By the way, you type too fast.

Apparently.

Flap Doodle 7 years, 4 months ago

I see yellowhouse continues to drag dead horses over from larryville.

dthroat 7 years, 4 months ago

yellowhouse - thank you. my day is complete now. BTW - Ron Knox left - and very suddenly. No one will tell me exactly why.