¢ Borders, 700 N.H., is throwing "Grand Hallows Ball" starting at 9 p.m. Friday. Events include a costume contest, crowning of king and queen, trivia contests and a potions class.
¢ Hastings, 1900 W. 23rd St., is throwing a "Harry Potter" midnight release party from 6 p.m. to midnight Friday. Events include games, Quidditch matches and a costume contest .
¢ Raven Bookstore, 6 E. Seventh St., will stay open until after midnight on Friday. Staff will be dressed as "Harry Potter" characters.
¢ Lawrence Public Library, 707 Vt., is throwing a "Harry Potter Lock-in." Patrons of the young adult section come at 5 p.m. Saturday and stay until 9 a.m. Sunday. Event is already filled up with 100 patrons.
** None of the bookstores require reservations, but they stress their events are mainly for people who have reserved copies of the book at their store.
- Answers to the Journal-World's Harry Potter predictions survey, sorted by respondent
- Answers to the Journal-World's Harry Potter predictions survey, sorted by question
- Final chapter (07-15-07)
- The top five unanswered questions (07-15-07)
- Practical magic (07-15-07)
- Mike Neighbors, a rural Lawrence resident, is co-creator of the Pottercast podcast. Check it out at by clicking here.
- Take a quiz to find out which house you would fit into at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft & Wizardry by clicking here.
- Lawrence Journal-World page 1D for 07-15-07 (.pdf)
- Lawrence Journal-World 'Double Truck' pages 4D-5D for 07-15-07 (.pdf)