Law enforcement report
Lawrence Police said Thursday that in the past 24 hours they'd handled:
- 258 calls
- 16 reports
- three burglaries
- three thefts
- one noninjury accident
- two injury accidents
- A 20-year-old Lawrence man reported that he was being criminally threatened and harassed by phone early Sunday morning.
- A 41-year-old man reported a case of forgery and theft occurred on Feb. 16 at the Plum Tree, 2620 Iowa.
- A 49-year-old man reported a case of forgery happened Feb. 11 at Central National Bank, 3140 Nieder Road.
- Domonic A. Shepherd, 24, of Kansas City, Mo., was charged in court Tuesday with possession of cocaine with intent to sell; carrying drug paraphernalia used to distribute a controlled substance; and possession of marijuana. Shepherd was arrested by police Sunday after he allegedly broke into a house in the 1900 block of East 19th Street. His bail has been set at $5,000.
Burglaries and thefts reported
- A 25-year-old Lawrence man reported that someone stole two speakers worth $400. The theft happened between Friday night and Saturday morning in the 1000 block of Alabama Street.
- A 25-year-old Overland Park man reported that his Chevy Cavalier had been damaged between Saturday night and Sunday morning in the 500 block of California Street. About $500 worth of damage was done.
- A black Jeep Grand Cherokee was stolen early Saturday morning in the 1200 block of Ohio Street. A 21-year-old Lawrence woman reported the auto theft. She also reported that a wallet had been stolen.
- A 24-year-old Lawrence woman reported a case of aggravated burglary and theft early Sunday morning in the 1400 block of Tennessee Street. About $233 worth of items were stolen, including a purse, cell phone and a jar of coins.
- A 27-year-old Lawrence man reported a case of burglary, theft and criminal damage happened Sunday afternoon in the 1300 block of Rhode Island Street.
- A 22-year-old Lawrence man reported a case of burglary, criminal damage and theft happened between Saturday night and early Sunday morning in the 1300 block of Vermont Street. Amount $6,530 worth of items were stolen, including two iPods, DVDs, a laptop and a digital camera.
- A 20-year-old Lawrence woman reported the burglary and theft of $9,473 worth of goods happened Sunday morning in the 1300 block of Kentucky Street.
- A case of burglary and theft occurred Thursday evening in the 500 block of Lincoln. The burglary and theft was reported by a 49-year-old Lawrence woman.
- A 52-year-old woman reported a burglary and theft happened Thursday in the 1700 block of Pennsylvania Street. About $150 worth of items being stolen.
- A 46-year-old woman reported that a car burglary and theft happened between Friday night and Saturday morning in the 1000 block of Maine Street. A stereo worth $200 was stolen.
- A 25-year-old reported that someone broke a window on Saturday night at the Ramada Inn, 2222 W. Sixth St., and caused $1,000 worth of damage.
- A 37-year-old man reported an aggravated burglary early Sunday morning in the 1900 block of East 19th Street.
- A 53-year-old woman reported that a case of auto burglary and theft happened between late Friday evening and Saturday morning in the 1000 block of Alabama Street.
¢ Due to technical difficulties, a fire report wasn't available.