Advertisement

Archive for Thursday, December 1, 2005

Heating unit catches fire at Oliver Hall

December 1, 2005

Advertisement

Smoke poured out of a malfunctioning heating unit in the fifth floor lobby at Oliver Hall on Wednesday evening.

Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical was called to the residence hall on the Kansas University campus about 6 p.m., but the fire was already out, Division Chief Rob Kort said. It had been put out by resident hall assistants, he said.

Damage was confined to the heating unit but no dollar estimate was given.

Students in the building were evacuated.

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.