Law enforcement report
Lawrence Police said Thursday that in the past 24 hours they'd handled:
- 303 calls
- 33 reports
- three burglaries
- four thefts
- four noninjury accidents
- A 66-year-old Lawrence woman was taken by ambulance to Lawrence Memorial Hospital on Monday after a head-on collision at Sixth Street and Rockledge Road.
Nellie V. Cerny was driving east on Sixth Street shortly after 8 p.m. when she drifted left of the center line and struck an oncoming vehicle driven by Matthew T. Steinle, 18, Lawrence.
Burglaries and thefts reported
- Someone stole an Apple laptop computer and two iPod MP3 players from an apartment in the 2600 block of West Sixth Street. It happened between March 28 and March 30.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- Gasoline or other flammable liquid spill, 7:56 p.m. Wednesday, 3440 W. Sixth St.
- Smoke detector activation due to malfunction, 7:28 p.m. Wednesday, 500 W. 11th St.
- Hazardous materials investigation, with no hazardous material, 11:10 a.m. Wednesday, 835 Mass.
- Carbon monoxide detector activation due to malfunction, 9:53 a.m. Wednesday, 2909 Santa Fe Lane.