Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- Smoke detector activation due to malfunction, 7:24 p.m. Friday, 805 Mo.
- Smoke detector activation, no fire -- unintentional, 2:28 p.m. Friday, 1920 Constant Ave.
- Dispatched fire incident, canceled en route, 1:30 p.m. Friday, 3840 Greenway Circle.
- Removal of victim(s) from stalled elevator, 12:17 p.m. Friday, 111 E. 11th St.
- Smoke scare, odor of smoke, 10:44 a.m. Friday, 601 Lake St.
- Overpressure rupture from steam, other, 8:18 a.m. Friday, 1101 Miss.
- Power line down, 3:58 a.m. Friday, 1901 Tenn.
- Local alarm system, malicious false alarm, 2:21 a.m. Friday, 1815 Naismith Drive.
Lawrence Humane Society
Stray dogs brought to shelter
- Shepherd mix, black and tan with black collar, male, 1-2 years old.