Law enforcement report
Burglaries and thefts reported
- A 36-year-old Lawrence woman reported Friday that someone had taken a $1,556 Apple Macintosh I-Book laptop from her home in the 1900 block of East 19th Street, according to a report. The incident happened between 3 p.m. June 18 and 5:14 p.m. Friday.
- A 26-year-old Lawrence woman reported Thursday that someone had taken her 1997 Nissan Altima, valued at $5,000, from the 1300 block of Rhode Island Street, according to a report.
- A 24-year-old Lawrence man reported Saturday that someone had taken his 1987 Cadillac and its license plate, with a combined value of $5,010, from the 500 block of Fireside Drive, according to a report.
- Between 10 p.m. Thursday and 6 a.m. Friday, someone damaged six trees owned by the city of Lawrence, according to reports issued Friday. Four 20-feet-tall Linden trees, all 5 years old, were damaged in the 600 block of Massachusetts Street; two 20-feet-tall white ash trees, both 3 years old, were damaged in the 700 block of Massachusetts Street. Total damage was estimated at $2,700, according to the reports.
- A 38-year-old Lawrence man reported Thursday that someone had taken a satellite television receiver, a VCR, a computer, a printer and a copy machine from his home in the 1000 block of East 23rd Street, according to a report. The items were valued at $1,350.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- Building fire, 7:28 p.m. Friday, 319 Maple St.
- Hazardous-materials release investigation with no hazardous materials, 4:50 p.m. Friday, 19th and Louisiana streets.
- Fire call, canceled, 4:30 p.m. Friday, 1421 Legends Court.
- Unintentional smoke detector activation, 11:57 a.m. Friday, 200 Maine.
Lawrence Humane Society
Stray dogs brought to the shelter
- Lab mix, black, male, 4 months.
- Shepherd mix, brown with black shading, female, 6 months.
- Weimaraner, chocolate-colored and white, flea collar, female, spayed, 10 years.
- Vizsla mix, golden, black collar, male, neutered, 1 to 2 years.