A Princeton woman was taken to the hospital early Thursday morning after her car was rear-ended at the intersection of Sixth and Iowa streets.
Brenda Swafford, 53, was traveling west on Sixth Street just after midnight when the accident occurred. David G. Hooper, 29, of Lawrence, was traveling behind her, and when Swafford stopped to turn left onto Iowa, Hooper's car struck her car from behind, according to an accident report.
An ambulance took Swafford to Lawrence Memorial Hospital, where she was treated and released.
Burglaries and thefts reported
- 4700 block of 27th Street: Three roommates reported that their apartment had been broken into between Christmas Day and Wednesday. The total value of the stolen items was $8,041. Stolen items included a 14K gold men's ring with three diamonds, one Sony laptop, one Dell laptop and $2,000 worth of DVDs.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- Good intent call, other, 10:35 a.m. Wednesday, 745 Vt.
- Unintentional transmission of alarm, other, 9:19 a.m. Wednesday, 1629 Barker Ave.
- System malfunction, other, 9:05 a.m. Wednesday, 1101 Vt.
- Alarm system sounded due to malfunction, 2:58 a.m. Wednesday, 946 Mass.