aLaw enforcement report
Burglaries and thefts reported
- Someone deflated 17 tires on seven vehicles parked at the Kansas Department of Health and Environment, 800 W. 24th St., according to a Lawrence Police report. The incident occurred between 5 p.m. Wednesday and 10 a.m. Friday. Damage was listed at $3,100.
- A DVD player, a personal computer and monitor were taken between Dec. 23 and Saturday from an apartment in the 600 block of Michigan Street. A 27-year-old Lawrence man reported the incident to police.
- A 28-year-old Lawrence woman reported to police that someone took $2,000 from a residence in the 500 block of Congressional Way between 6:30 p.m. Thursday and 10 a.m. Friday.
- Lawrence Police are investigating a burglary report at American Family Insurance that occurred the night of Dec. 21 or the early-morning hours of Dec. 22. The metal frame to a sliding glass door was damaged. Computer equipment valued at $1,300 and $20 in cash were taken.
- A dump trailer belonging to a 35-year-old Lawrence man was taken from a construction site in the 3500 block of Eagle Pass Court. The trailer was valued at $3,650.
- A 53-year-old man told police someone broke into his apartment in the 2400 block of Ousdahl Road and took a television set and video recorder and damaged the front door. The incident occurred sometime Friday. Losses and damage totaled $1,175.
- Lawrence Police are investigating the cashing of several forged checks belonging to a 55-year-old Lawrence woman. More than $970 has been lost since the forgeries began Aug. 30.
- Lawrence Police are investigating a series of forged checks belonging to a 77-year-old Baldwin woman. More than $1,400 in checks have been forged in Lawrence since Oct. 7.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical did not report any responses Monday.