71° Thunderstorm in Vicinity Light Rain
See complete forecast
Copy and paste the link:
Jobs and science in Kansas, hell yes.
To quote Will Smith, "ah HELL no"!
I am against it because it is stupid to build a level 4 biosafety containment facility full of animal diseases in the middle of tornado alley.
Common sense. Put it on an island off the east coast (where the wind blows out to sea). Some place like Plumb Island would be good.
Don't think this couldn't happen here: http://cbsn.ws/ZX6qmb
About as smart as putting all that money into those windmills. First tornado goes through, all of it is gone.
Maybe a couple are gone. Most of the infrastructure would still be in place. A wind farm would fare better than if a coal fired power plant was hit by a tornado.
And you are an authority enough to know this for sure? I would think iron boilers would last much better in a tornado than some composit alloy?
Maybe no expert but I've seen plenty of tornado damage. The turbines are so spread out I think only those directly in the path would be severely damaged. The power lines are underground and would be safe.
The authorities who want this lab claim it is 99% safe. What about the other 1%?
Putting an anthrax lab in the middle of cattle country doesn't sound like a good idea. It was on island in New York. They should keep it there.
As I posted elsewhere, they already found anthrax in the soil where they are building the NBAF. It's an old feed lot so it is endemic in the soil.
this will be a great premise for a movie.
Manhattan is not an island.
Commenting has been disabled for this item.
$5.99 Burger Baskets, $11.99 Ribs and Smoked Chicken
· Burger Baskets $5.99 Choice of one Homemade Side. ...
Henry T's Bar & Grill
$0.50 Bites and $0.55 Wings
· $0.50 Bites and $0.55 Wings Enjoy All Day! ...
Jayhawker Signature Pasta, $7.95-$9.95
· All Jayhawker specials are prepared from fresh ingredients ...
Turkey Melt or Rex Mex Salad
· Turkey Melt is on whole grain bread filled ...
Mi Ranchito Cocina Cantina Mexicana
La Costa Chimichanga
· Succulent grilled shrimp, pico de gallo, Monterey Jack ...
Six Mile Chop House
Turkey Pita Club
· House shaved smoked turkey, wrapped in pita bread ...
Bird Dog Bar
Chef's Choice $8.95 - $12.95
· All Bird Dog specials are prepared from fresh ...