71° Thunderstorm in Vicinity Light Rain
See complete forecast
Copy and paste the link:
So many books that have been banned from time to time have gone on to become classics. I can't imagine that any serious book reader hasn't read several books that have been on someone's list of banned books.
Banned where? The US? Germany? Cambodia? China?
I find it amusing that some of the books that have been banned off and on during the years in some school districts, were required reading in my Kansas high school English classes. Two examples being "Catcher in the Rye" and "Of Mice and Men". My parents had no problems with either of those, but then we already had some banned books at home such as "To Kill a Mockingbird" and Huckleberry Finn.
Probably. I've always read a lot, and except when I was a very young Catholic maiden, I've never paid attention to banned books or movies — unless it was my kids' schools doing the banning. ; }
Three Weeks by Elinor Glyn, banned in Boston.
sounding intresting what books have been banned, I want to read one :)
Yes, I've read a banned book. I've read the Bible over and over again!
Commenting has been disabled for this item.
Six Mile Chop House
Turkey Pita Club
· House shaved smoked turkey, wrapped in pita bread ...
Jayhawker Signature Pasta, $7.95-$9.95
· All Jayhawker specials are prepared from fresh ingredients ...
Henry T's Bar & Grill
$0.50 Bites and $0.55 Wings
· $0.50 Bites and $0.55 Wings Enjoy All Day! ...
$5.99 Burger Baskets, $11.99 Ribs and Smoked Chicken
· Burger Baskets $5.99 Choice of one Homemade Side. ...
Turkey Melt or Rex Mex Salad
· Turkey Melt is on whole grain bread filled ...
Mi Ranchito Cocina Cantina Mexicana
La Costa Chimichanga
· Succulent grilled shrimp, pico de gallo, Monterey Jack ...
Bird Dog Bar
Chef's Choice $8.95 - $12.95
· All Bird Dog specials are prepared from fresh ...