March 12, 2014 |
See complete forecast
Copy and paste the link:
I see a lot of single digits in my rear view mirror
^^^^ Official banner for KU's School of Proctology
I don't use 'em for dividing, only for adding & if I use 'em all, plus a certain other appendage, I's can counts one numbers highers than the missus.
Not just "yes," but God, yes. Lots of folks in the county are left with no options but Hughesnet. Better than dial-up, but NOT adequate.
oh my . . .
I thought the question was about those who have computers and the Internet and those who don't. When I go to the library I notice that every computer has someone sitting there. So, yes, there is a divide.
The digital divide exists, though I suspect it is far more prevalent between the old and young than between the rich and poor. I know. The divide between what I tell my computer to do and what I want it to do is wide and deep.
Would the fact that many are using the computers at the library kind of negate the divide? To use a computer at the library does not necessarily mean you are divided; just not an owner of a computer. Much like someone who rides the T or uses taxis have transportation without the cost of owning a car.
September 4, 2012 at 4:14 p.m
That depends. Are they regulated to insure that as many people as possible are given a chance to use them as needed? Or does Henderson's brigade park themselves at the computers all day depriving others of their use?
I think the library has a one hour time limit for users.
Commenting has been disabled for this item.
Cosmos Indian Store & Cafe
· Delectable combination of rice and Indian herbs/spices cooked ...
Five Dollar Burger Baskets!
· Any of our famous burgers - get here ...
· Small 1-topping pizza, $3.75. Medium 1-topping pizza, $5.75. ...
Henry T's Bar & Grill
40¢ Bites & 50¢ Wings All Day Long!
· From now through St. Patty's Day: Guinness Beef ...
Jja Jang Myeon (Korean Black Bean Spaghetti)
· Pork, black bean purée, potatos, onions, carrots, with ...
Jayhawker signature pasta, $7.95-$9.95
· All Jayhawker specials are prepared from fresh ingredients ...
Wayne & Larry's Sports Bar & Grill
Pulled Pork Sandwich
· Premium pulled pork stacked on a Kaiser bun, ...
Famous Dave's Bar-B-Que
99¢ kids meals with purchase of an adult entrée
· Kids 10 and under can choose from the ...
Wheat State Pizza
XLarge 5-Topping OR Specialty Pizza, each just $14.99.
· Every day: get a 10" 1-Topping Pizza and ...
Bird Dog Bar
Chef’s choice lunch special, $7.95-$9.95
· All Bird Dog specials are prepared from fresh ...
23rd Street Brewery
Thai chicken salad or blanken burger