Snow storm hits Lawrence February 21, 2013

The predicted snow hit Lawrence Thursday morning leaving several inches on the ground before noon, with more on the way.

E-mail this gallery to a friend

Comments

Magic 1 year, 6 months ago

Only five inches before 10:30 a.m.? My measuring stick must read twice as long as yours. Has the snow stopped or is it just taking a breather for another round? Any weather forecasters out there? It sure is a winter wonderland. Beautiful.

Andrew Dufour 1 year, 6 months ago

breather, supposed to hit again around 5:00ish through the night. Not as much though in the second wave.

kufan8808 1 year, 6 months ago

Great Photos! Some of them made their way onto The Weather Channel's winter storm Q mega slideshow!

DrQuack 1 year, 5 months ago

The only picture that truly interests me is the picture of my street getting plowed. It's now 9:45 PM and not a sign of a plow in sight all day. I pay my taxes! I pay a hell of a lot of taxes. Why hasn't my street been plowed, city commissoners? Are you squandering my tax money on unnecessary library expansion instead of taking care of the streets? Poor management in city hall! Are you going to squander it on that corrupt sports center? Squander it on a totally unnecessary and stupid decison to refurbish a bunch of elementary schools?

absolutelyridiculous 1 year, 5 months ago

Hey. drquack. Lighten. Up. It snowed and we needed the moisture. It came down fast and by the foot. Lower. Your. Expectation. Thanks to the city crews who are out working in the cold so you can get your street plowed. They are working on it. You must be very important.

JovianaRex 1 year, 5 months ago

One of the reasons I left Lawrence is because of the situation that you b-e-a-u-tifully describe and because of the kind of reaction that you received (see the comment right after yours) This isn't Kansas anymore DrQuack. This is Lawrence and you better get on that bandwagon right now. The one that visits the Wizard in downtown L'emerald City of Lawrence. Who. Has. Lived. Here. A, Very. Long. Time.

formerfarmer 1 year, 5 months ago

I hope you moved to Kansas City, I know they get the side streets cleaned a lot quicker there!

elliottaw 1 year, 5 months ago

They are no rushing anywhere, stopped snowing more than 24 hours ago and half of the streets are still snow covered, unacceptable

avarom 1 year, 5 months ago

Thank Goodness for a Nice Global Snowing.......bbbbuuuuuurrrrrrrr.