- Editorial: Stepping back
- The Kansas Board of Regents should be willing to modify their stand on social media based on a new policy drafted by university faculty and staff members.
- March 12, 2014
- The group that the Kansas Board of Regents asked to review and comment on a new social media policy for state universities didn’t find much in that policy to like.
March 8, 2014
- Saturday Column: Voters must look at facts, not promises, in 2014
- The next seven months are going to be an extremely rough-and-tumble period in both the national and state political scenes.
March 5, 2014
- Opinion: Putin likely to do what he wants, regardless of attempts to punish
- The current situation in the Ukraine, especially the movement of Russian troops in the Crimea and the continuing threat that Russian troops may enter other parts of the war-torn country, has been the source of international outrage and, in the United States, calls for action to protect pro-Western factions in Ukraine.
March 2, 2014
- Opinion: More equality, more mediocrity
- Inequality is in the news. Inequality has been declared the crisis of our times. Ingenious politicians have made the startling discovery that some people have more stuff than others. And they are promising to do something about it.
March 1, 2014
March 12, 2014
- Opinion: Ties to Cuba will hurt Mexico
- There are many theories about why Mexico is cozying up to Cuba’s dictatorship and looking the other way as Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro brutally represses street demonstrations, but I think the most credible one can be summed up in one word: fear.
March 11, 2014
- Opinion: Ukraine raises complex questions
- Last week, I wrote that the Ukraine crisis did not mean the return of the Cold War. Since then, I’ve received e-mails from readers confused about what it does mean and why it should matter to Americans.
- Opinion: GOP should focus on education
- The first “people” I recognized on arriving at last week’s Conservative Political Action Committee gathering just outside Washington were two “stormtroopers” and a Wookiee from the 1977 film “Star Wars.”
March 10, 2014
March 12, 2014
With the change in leadership of the Chamber of Commerce, Lawrence has an opportunity to rethink how it handles economic ...
Congratulations to the J-W for presenting two views of the Crimean crisis. Charles Krauthammer supports Russia’s historical right to Crimea, ...