- Editorial: Compensate the exonerated
- Money can’t make the wrongly convicted whole, but it can give them a chance at a decent future.
- February 18, 2018
- A proposal to compensate those who have been wrongly convicted of crimes in Kansas for their time in prison should be approved by legislators.
February 10, 2018
- Opinion: Independent Orman has an opening
- Kansas entrepreneur Greg Orman formally launched his independent bid for governor recently and in doing so is challenging the two-party structure that has dominated U.S. politics for well over a century.
February 1, 2018
- Your Turn: Climate closely related to state of our union
- Despite the president’s omission, it’s obvious that the state of our union is closely linked to the state of our climate, and it’s encouraging to see that Republicans and Democrats in Congress understand the risks our nation faces from a failure to act.
January 5, 2018
- Your Turn: Adequate funding of state’s public schools is a crucial investment
- Just as past generations invested in our education, we owe it to the children currently in school and future generations to adequately fund public schools.
December 31, 2017
February 18, 2018
- Opinion: The guy who paid for silence
- Dear Michael D. Cohen, Esq.: So you’re the one who paid Stormy Daniels to shut up?
- Opinion: L.A. mayor deserves a presidential hearing
- It was dicey being Jewish in a Russia that was tolerant of pogroms, and then came the threat of conscription into the 1904-05 Russo-Japanese War, so one of Mayor Eric Garcetti’s great-grandfathers headed west to America.
February 17, 2018
- Opinion: How America can ‘get to yes’ with Turkey
- The core problem in this latest phase of the Syria mess is similar to what got us here: The U.S. has the strongest military force, but doesn’t know what it wants, politically.
February 16, 2018
- Opinion: Spending won’t transform America
- Bipartisanship, the absence of which is lamented until its recurrence reminds us of its costs, this month produced the budget agreement. It put the nation on a path to trillion-dollar deficits during brisk economic growth and full employment. So, Democrats face a disagreeable decision.
February 16, 2018
There is much more to be concerned with regarding this nation’s future than its politics.
People have to decide whether they want to allow the evils of pornography into their lives or to resist it.
Every Kansan needs safe water. Our main water sources in Kansas are being depleted and contaminated.