More than 30 years in the public eye, Brooke Shields joins the cast of the cable drama “Army Wives” (8 p.m. Sunday, Lifetime) as the popular series enters its seventh season. Over the years, she’s transformed from the precocious child model and actress (“Pretty Baby”) to television star (“Suddenly Susan”), while maintaining a good deal of public affection.
Shields, who has recently played a not-so-nice neighbor on “The Middle,” joins “Army Wives” as Air Force Col. Katherine “Kat” Young, a strong-willed woman who flies C-17 transport planes and plays second fiddle to no man. Needless to say, she raises eyebrows the second she touches down on the base.
• The miniseries “The Bible” (7 p.m. Sunday, History) covers stories in the Old Testament, from Joshua and the battle of Jericho to the construction of Solomon’s Temple. Not unexpectedly, this series attracted a very healthy cable audience last Sunday.
History Channel’s “Vikings” (9 p.m. Sunday) was also a success. Tonight, Ragnar (Travis Fimmel) and his ragtag gang venture into dark and mysterious waters and chance upon a land of deep faith and rich plunder.
Sunday’s other highlights
• Scheduled on “60 Minutes” (6 p.m., CBS): tainted injections linked to meningitis; Barcelona’s unfinished cathedral; Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg.
• Flanders’ beatnik parents prefer Homer on “The Simpsons” (7 p.m., Fox).
• Dark magic on “Once Upon a Time” (7 p.m., ABC).
• The devil you know on “The Good Wife” (8 p.m., CBS).
• A business trip to Orlando on “All-Star Celebrity Apprentice” (8 p.m., NBC).
• Hannah feels editorial pressure on “Girls” (8 p.m., HBO).
• Details change at the last moment on “Red Widow” (9 p.m., ABC).
• “Loiter Squad” enters its second season on “Adult Swim” (11 p.m., Cartoon Network).