City construction projects are now mapped at lawks.us/construction-map.
• An 8.43-mile stretch of northbound and southbound Kansas Highway 10 will be reduced to one lane in both directions from the Interstate 70 Lecompton interchange south to the U.S. Highway 59 interchange for resurfacing work. Drivers should expect 15-minute delays and are encouraged to find alternate routes. Completion date: early June.
• The Iowa Street Reconstruction project has moved into its second phase. The eastbound and westbound lanes of 15th Street/Bob Billings Parkway will be closed around the clock at the intersections of U.S. Highway 59/Iowa Street. Drivers should expect major delays and will need to find alternative routes during the closure.
• Bob Billings Parkway will be reduced to two lanes between Kasold and Crestline drives as the street is reworked. Speed limits will be reduced to 20 miles per hour. Motorists are advised to expect major delays and avoid the area during construction if possible.
• Reconstruction on Wakarusa Drive began May 20 at Bob Billings Parkway. The first phase of the project includes Wakarusa Drive from north of Research Park Way to south of Bob Billings Parkway. It is expected to take six to eight weeks before phase two begins.
• The intersection of Ninth and Pennsylvania streets will be closed and reconstructed with concrete. Expected completion date: July 20.
• Kentucky Street, from Seventh to Eighth streets, is down to one lane. There will be intermittent closures of Kentucky Street when crews need to unload materials for the Lawrence Public Library or parking garage construction.
• The city of Lawrence will continue asphalt patching in the area bound by Kasold Drive, Bob Billings Parkway, Harvard Road and Wakarusa Drive. Through traffic in both directions will be maintained, but partial closures are possible.
• The city will replace a water main on East 21st Street from Miller Drive to Maple Lane. There will be no parking and the road will be closed to through traffic from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday until July 19.
• Crack sealing is scheduled north of Sixth Street in the neighborhoods east and west of Monterey Way. There may be temporary lane closures during working hours.
U.S. Highway 56
• All lanes of eastbound and westbound U.S. Highway 56 from East 1400 Road to Sixth Street in Baldwin City will be closed to through traffic as repairs are made on the road. A 30-mile marked state detour route will be provided. The project is expected to be competed in mid-October prior to the Maple Leaf Festival.
Old U.S. Highway 59
• Northbound and southbound East 1300 Road from North 1000 to North 650 roads will be closed to through traffic for a bridge replacement project on Old U.S. 59. Completion date: Late August.