Archive for Thursday, September 27, 2012

Third robber sentenced to 41 months in prison for incident in 2010 at Lawrence apartment

September 27, 2012

A 22-year-old Wichita man was sentenced in Douglas County District Court Thursday to 41 months in prison for his role in a Dec. 2, 2010, robbery.

D’Andre Tomlin had previously pleaded guilty to three counts of attempted aggravated robbery for holding three female Kansas University students at gunpoint during a robbery at an apartment in the 1100 block of Louisiana Street. Prosecutors accused Tomlin and his co-defendants — each of whom was sentenced to 11 years in prison — of entering the wrong apartment they initially planned to rob.

At sentencing, a letter from one of the victims, read by a prosecutor, said the incident was “the worst night of my life,” and “changed my life forever.”

Tomlin in court apologized to the victims.

“I wish I could change what happened,” Tomlin said.

The 41-month sentence, which also includes $1,595 in restitution fees, was recommended as part of a plea agreement. Tomlin also will have to register as a violent offender when released from prison.

Comments

maybeso 3 years, 10 months ago

"Tomlin recently completed a one-year prison term stemming from a federal firearms conviction after he sold handguns to undercover federal agents between 2010 and 2011."

wow, one year?

just_another_bozo_on_this_bus 3 years, 9 months ago

Now, if he were a gun dealer at an Arizona gun show, selling these guns to a front man for the Mexican Mafia, the NRA would have been all over it in defense of his second amendment rights.

jhawkinsf 3 years, 9 months ago

And the difference between the dealer at the Arizona gun show and our Attorney General is what?

Flap Doodle 3 years, 9 months ago

Make a note of this little dude's name. We'll be seeing him again in these pages after he gets out of the crossbar hotel and goes back to his chosen craft.

JackMcKee 3 years, 9 months ago

Looking for drug dealers no doubt. Welcome to Lawrence, home base for 30% of the drug dealers in Kansas.

jhawkinsf 3 years, 9 months ago

I remember Vern well. He caused me to vote for the only Republican I ever voted for when Vern ran for Governor as a Democrat. Then you know what that Republican did? Everything he said he was going to do. And I voted for him. I've been voting for third party candidates ever since.