Advertisement

Archive for Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Fire in electrical panel sends firefighters to Haworth Hall on KU campus

May 1, 2012, 8:41 a.m. Updated May 1, 2012, 10:30 a.m.

Advertisement

An electrical panel briefly caught fire at Kansas University's Haworth Hall about 8:30 a.m. Tuesday, but students have been allowed to return to most parts of the building, 1200 Sunnyside Ave., said Joe Monaco, a KU spokesman.

The panel that caught fire in the west wing of the building’s third floor was extinguished quickly, but KU did evacuate the building for a short time as Lawrence Douglas County Fire Medical crews arrived. Alarms also went off in the building.

Monaco said at 10:10 a.m. university staff members were still cleaning the west wing of the building, but it was expected to be reopened soon. Some scattered areas of the building were without power, but that issue was expected to be resolved soon, he said.

Comments

Andini 1 year, 11 months ago

It's that time of the month again.

0

Commenting has been disabled for this item.