Archive for Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Lawrence woman reports burglary at apartment

March 21, 2012

A 21-year-old Lawrence woman reported a burglary and theft of more than $1,800 worth of items from an apartment in the 3100 block of Ousdahl Road that occurred between 1 a.m. and shortly before 9 a.m. Saturday. Items stolen included a PlayStation 2, several DVDs and a Samsung flat panel television.

Comments

verity 2 years, 1 month ago

Damn, that'll teach me to bitch. Hal and gang was a lot more interesting back in the sixties than later when my head was clearer.

oneeye_wilbur 2 years, 1 month ago

Dolph's upright typritier has a couple of keys stuck.

classclown 2 years, 1 month ago

I had to reprot a burgary one time. After I proted it originary I realized it wasn;t going to work as pranned.

verity 2 years, 1 month ago

My new computer changes spelling as I type to a completely different word. Haven't yet figured out how to turn that function off. I hate it when software is designed to "help" me, but instead overrules me.

Ron Holzwarth 2 years, 1 month ago

It might seem funny to us, but I guarantee you it's not funny at all to the woman whose apartment was broken into. I've had it happen to me, and it's a shock to come home to the mess they usually leave behind.

You always think you're hiding something when it's on the bottom in the back of a drawer. No, you're not hiding anything at all. Because at least sometimes, they just pull the drawers all out and throw the contents onto the floor.

Plus, there's the terrible fear that they might come back. I had to move after I was broken into, because I simply didn't feel safe there anymore. I'm sure it's much worse for a woman.

I just don't understand how people can do that to each other. But then, there's also a lot of other things people do that I don't understand at all either.

observant 2 years, 1 month ago

Job requirements are simple. Bottom of journalism class and willing to work for minimum wage so you can call yourself a reporter.

Ron Holzwarth 2 years, 1 month ago

"reprots burglary"?

Maybe I should come down to the office and help you.