It’s back to school (or is that hack to school?) on Syfy! “Haunted High” (8 p.m. Saturday) follows the network’s film formula, featuring a gaggle of teen dudes stuck in a frightful situation. But in this movie, they’re students trapped in their high school by the ghost of a principal bent on bloody revenge.
Only the dead administrator’s grandson can pull the plug on this academic killing spree. Danny Trejo (“Machete”), Charisma Carpenter (“Buffy the Vampire Slayer”) and M.C. Gainey (“Justified”) stalk the grim corridors.
• If terror among the tenured doesn’t turn you on, there’s always “Fatal Honeymoon” (7 p.m. Saturday, Lifetime). Based on a true story, “Fatal” recalls an Alabama couple, Gabe (Billy Miller) and Tina (Amber Clayton), whose dream honeymoon ends in tragedy when Tina drowns while scuba diving near Australia’s Great Barrier Reef.
Grief turns to suspicion when Gabe’s stories about Tina’s last swim don’t add up. Tina’s dad, Tommy (Harvey Keitel), and Australian authorities begin to build a murder case against Gabe. You know there’s trouble when Mr. Wolf from “Pulp Fiction” shows up on your honeymoon.
• Viewers in search of lighter confection could sample “Strawberry Summer” (7 p.m. Saturday, Hallmark Movie Channel) about a small-town music teacher’s (Julie Mond) crush on a “bad boy” country artist (Trevor Donovan, “90210”).
You could just watch it for some familiar faces among the cast, including Shelley Long (“Cheers”) and Cindy Williams (“Laverne & Shirley”).
Saturday’s other highlights
• NASCAR action (6:30 p.m., ABC) from Bristol, Tenn.
• The New Orleans Saints host the Houston Texans in preseason NFL action (7 p.m., CBS).
• A shelter pet threatens to tear a house apart on “My Cat From Hell” (7 p.m., Animal Planet).
• “The Destinations of Doctor Who” (8 p.m., BBC America) recalls various touchdown spots for the TARDIS. “Who” returns with five new episodes, beginning next Saturday.
• Adrienne Barbeau swaps tales on “Celebrity Ghost Stories” (8 p.m., BIO).
• A busy rural vet treats both pets and livestock as “The Incredible Dr. Pol” (9 p.m., Nat Geo Wild) enters its second season.
• Alec Baldwin hosts “Saturday Night Live” (10:30 p.m., NBC), featuring musical guest Radiohead.