A fire truck waits outside the Hallmark Cards factory on Friday, Sept. 16, 2011. Lawrence-Douglas County Fire Medical was dispatched to Hallmark Cards, 101 McDonald Drive, after a report of a structure fire. Representatives from Hallmark soon determined the smoke had been produced by materials in a work oven, and there was no actual fire. Fire Medical conducted an investigation and determined this was the case.
Multiple Lawrence Douglas County Fire Medical units were dispatched to Hallmark Cards, 101 McDonald Drive, in Lawrence after a report of a structure fire.
After placing the original call, representatives from Hallmark told emergency responders that smoke had been caused by an oven, and there was no serious fire. Lawrence Douglas County Fire-Medical division chief Joe Hoelscher said firefighters conducted a thorough inspection of the building and confirmed this was the case.
There were no reported injuries or cases of smoke inhalation.
Copyright 2013 The
All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
We strive to uphold our values for every story published.