Archive for Thursday, February 24, 2011

Accidents reported on I-70 west of Lecompton; At least one person taken to Lawrence Memorial Hospital

February 24, 2011, 8:57 a.m. Updated February 24, 2011, 1:23 p.m.

Mile post 192 on I-70

A 43-year-old Lawrence woman was taken to Lawrence Memorial Hospital Thursday morning after a rollover accident on westbound Interstate 70 between Lawrence and Topeka, according to the Kansas Turnpike Authority.

The crash happened at 6:30 a.m. about seven miles west of the Lecompton interchange. Annette Renee Kenoly lost control of her 2005 Toyota sport-utility vehicle, and the SUV left the westbound lanes of the interstate before it rolled over.

As rain, freezing rain and snow moved into the area Thursday morning, a second crash was reported on the turnpike about 10:30 a.m. approximately one mile west of the Lecompton interchange.

Jayashree Challa, 50, of Topeka, was injured when she lost control over her 2010 Lexus and struck the embankment while traveling in the westbound lanes, according to the turnpike authority. Information about if Challa was taken to a hospital was not immediately available early Thursday afternoon.

Comments

ylime3499 3 years, 10 months ago

Hope it wasn't serious, otherwise they should have gone the other direction for a hospital!

greenworld 3 years, 10 months ago

People freezing rain means dont drive 70mph!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve Miller 3 years, 10 months ago

Serious has no bearing on the choice of hospital, LMH is very good at what they do or they wouldn't be there.

KeverLocksley 3 years, 10 months ago

Do hope everyone involved is OK! Though I must say, I agree that serious has no bearing on the choice of a hospital, but ylime is right, LMH is not where most would prefer to be in serious condition at....LMH is a sub-par hospital at best. Really do hope it changes, I would gladly support LMH in any way possible if they chose to re-examine their practices,fundamentals and policy's.

RaynRavyn 3 years, 10 months ago

Seeker... LMH sucks. That's about it. My son was born there; they didn't get his cord clamped right, and didn't notice it until I saw blood on his blanket and went off. Another time, my daughter broke her wrist and we were told TWICE by LMH that it was a sprain; she spent several days being wrongly treated for it until I took her to a competent doctor. The best one though was my fiancé was in a wreck and was taken there. They sent him home after telling him there was really nothing wrong with him. The next day, he was at KU Med because his brain was bleeding. So if I am ever in a real emergency, I will have to pass on LMH, and take the extra few minutes to go to a real hospital...