Archive for Monday, April 4, 2011

Woman rescued from motel fire in Grandview Plaza

April 4, 2011

Advertisement

— A guest at a motel in northeast Kansas was rescued after fire engulfed her room.

The fire broke out Sunday night at the Great Western Inn motel in Grandview Plaza.

Grandview Plaza Fire Chief Jerome Thomas says a woman was rescued from the room and taken to a Manhattan hospital.

Thomas says the motel manager was able to get the woman to the door of the motel room, and law enforcement officers helped remove her from the building.

KJCK reports that the cause of the blaze and a damage estimate are not yet available.

The motel was evacuated during the fire but is now open for business.

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.