• Nieder Road, from 31st to 33rd streets, is scheduled to be repaved this week.
• Drivers remain prohibited from turning left off North Second Street at Locust Street in North Lawrence as construction work continues at the intersection. The entire project is scheduled for completion in August.
• Pavement-patching and road-resurfacing work will cause intermittent delays on streets in North Lawrence. The city’s annual repaving program continues, with crews working on a number of residential streets.
• The right lane for traffic heading north on Iowa Street will remain closed this week from Harvard Road to Ninth Street as crews replace an underground water line. Also continuing: intermittent lane and access closures west of Iowa on Orchard Lane, from Iowa to Centennial Drive; Westdale Road, from Harvard to Yale Road; and on Yale, from Westdale to Iowa. Centennial also remains closed to through traffic, from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. daily, from Ninth to Yale.
• Work to replace a water line also will restrict through traffic and on-street parking from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. daily along several streets just west and south of Centennial Park, Ninth Street and Rockledge Road.
• Crews will continue crack-sealing work, generally on streets east of Iowa Street. Temporary lane closures are expected but no detours onto other streets are scheduled.
• The 1000 block of New York Street will be expected to reopen to traffic by early this week. Crews then will focus their restoration work of the brick street to the 900 block.
• Douglas County Road 9, which is East 1500 Road, is closed until late spring from the Kansas Turnpike to U.S. Highway 24-40.
U.S. Highway 56
• U.S. Highway 56, just east of U.S. Highway 59, is expected to be closed for brief periods overnight Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, as crews work to install girders for overpass bridges at U.S. 56. Work will begin at 10 p.m. and be done each morning by 4 a.m.; flaggers will direct traffic through the work zone, with waits expected to last no longer than 15 minutes.
U.S. Highway 24
• Mud Creek bridge along U.S. Highway 24, east of Lawrence Municipal Airport, remains limited to one lane of traffic, as crews add pavement to the bridge deck. Expect delays, as traffic is governed by temporary traffic signals expected to be in service until late fall.
• U.S. 24 will have alternating lane closures in both directions over Ensign Creek bridge, between Rossville and Silver Lake, from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesday. Flaggers will direct traffic through the work zone, where crews will be drilling cores.
• Interstate 470 will have intermittent lane closures from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday in both directions under the Burlingame Road bridges in Shawnee County, for inspection work.
• The exit ramp normally used by drivers heading west on I-470 and turning onto Fairlawn Road in Shawnee County is closed as part of an intersection-reconstruction project at 29th Street. The ramp will be closed around the clock into July.
• Eastbound I-70 is reduced to one lane from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. daily except Sundays in Shawnee County, extending from 3.3 miles just west of Urish Road to Danbury Lane and also from just east of Carnahan Avenue to the Kansas Turnpike Authority east toll booth plaza, for concrete repair work. Work is scheduled to be finished in October.
• Drivers heading west on I-70, from 94th to 110th streets in Wyandotte County, are limited to a single lane as crews replace pavement near Kansas Speedway and I-70’s connections with Interstate 435, a project expected to last through late summer. The ramp for traffic from northbound I-435 to westbound I-70 is closed and is not scheduled to reopen until late summer.
Other ramps to be closed: Westbound I-70 to southbound I-435, June to late summer; and westbound I-70 to northbound I-435, July to late summer.
Kansas Highway 10
• Traffic using the Kill Creek bridge over Kansas Highway 10 in Johnson County continues to be limited to one lane in each direction as crews repair the bridge. The project is expected to continue through June.
• The right lane for traffic heading south on Interstate 435 in Johnson County will be closed from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday from Midland Drive to 87th Street in Johnson County, as crews repair pavement.