Archive for Friday, March 26, 2010

Man charged with child sex crime

March 26, 2010

Douglas County prosecutors on Thursday accused a 31-year-old Lawrence man of soliciting a 3-year-old child in 2007 to engage in lewd fondling or touching.

Police arrested the man Wednesday evening. Officers said that the alleged victim and suspect knew each other and that the incident occurred in northeastern Lawrence.

The man faces one count of aggravated indecent liberties with a child. According to court records, prosecutors allege the man solicited the child from January 2007 to May 2007. A judge on Thursday set the suspect’s bond at $20,000, and his next hearing is Tuesday.

The Journal-World generally does not name sex crime suspects unless they are convicted.

Comments

Randall Barnes 5 years, 1 month ago

flux 5 years, 1 month ago

The Pope would probably give him a free pass.

Christine Anderson 5 years, 1 month ago

A proper use of Middle-Eastern style justice!

bigdave 5 years, 1 month ago

flux (anonymous) says… The Pope would probably give him a free pass.

The Pope would probably give him a good paying job!!!!!!!

lawthing 5 years, 1 month ago

Good thing there was no drugs involved. Had he had some pot on him I am shure they would have thrown the book at him!

notanoobhere 5 years, 1 month ago

Someone knows who he is give his name to the public.

Bobo Fleming 5 years, 1 month ago

I wonder if anyone would wait until the trial to decide whether or not he's guilty or would you like to hang him now?

Richard Heckler 5 years, 1 month ago

Were the adults ever involved with each other?

Perhaps this person is guilty and perhaps this person is not.

Maybe the accusing party misread a situation?

Did the accusing party witness the alleged crime?

Is there hard evidence?

Do these actions occur? Of course

Can these alleged actions be condoned? of course not

There are simply not enough details.

amrose42683 5 years, 1 month ago

notanoobhere (anonymous) says… Someone knows who he is give his name to the public.

It on the Douglas County Sheriffs booking recap from yesterday. LJWorld does not post names in these situations, but it is public record. www.dgso.org

Liberty275 5 years, 1 month ago

"Someone knows who he is give his name to the public."

Excellent concept! Don't like your boss? Spout his name!!

Seriously, see the flaw in your idea?

"I wonder if anyone would wait until the trial to decide whether or not he's guilty "

I would guess about 80% of the usual posters would say don't worry about convicting him or would make up excuses for the government if they put an innocent man in jail... or better yet killed them.

Monica Miller 5 years, 1 month ago

I didn't see him on the booking recap either. No one with charges that are what this article reflects. . .

Monica Miller 5 years, 1 month ago

Oh, nevermind, you have to go to the 24th. .. . found it. And of course the POS is out already

take_off_hoser 5 years, 1 month ago

It could be interesting to take a look at the accused's profile on the most popular social network.

Most recent status update:

"Happy Birthday To The Greatest Kid I Know She Is Six Today And Its Gonna Be A Great Year"

March 20 at 7:31pm

Recent activity

[redacted] attended slumber party :) just kids lol no adult stuff girls only for [redacted] b-day.

workinghard 5 years, 1 month ago

merrill- maybe you should look up who it is before you jump in defending them. First merrill posts links to nude pictures, now this? He probably thinks the guy was just gardening in the nude.

workinghard 5 years, 1 month ago

Considering allegations of a sexual nature recently on this site against another member of this clan, I might be inclined to believe the kid.

mindurbizznezz 5 years, 1 month ago

Workinghard - I am heartbroken over this whole event. The family is very close to me. The accused has never demonstrated a desire such as this in the past. It's very difficult for me to believe that he is able to do anything to this nature. I can understand and even share your opinion in 99% of the cases, however in this one, I know the family involved very well, they are a good family. Please don't toss them under the boat until there are facts to supports such a vile act. And remember its not just this person that you are throwing under the boat...its this persons family too.

workinghard 5 years, 1 month ago

You know, you had me, you sounded sincere, until I looked over at your user name. Kinda blew your whole case.

mindurbizznezz 5 years, 1 month ago

Workinghard, I pray that something never happens to you that would cause people, who have nothing better to do than blog about how you messed up, when really they know nothing of what you did or didn't do. If it does happen to you, I sincerly pray that you have good friends around to support you through the devistation you would feel, the same devistation that this family is feeling now. The accusations are enough with out "knowitall" type folks tring to poke their noses in something they absolutly dont know and try to dig up dirt. If anyone truly has a desire to help, please just Pray for this family.

mindurbizznezz 5 years, 1 month ago

I have faith in God, he who strengthens me.

"Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Heb 11:1

Prayer is the most powerful thing we have, but most will only use it as a last resort. Please pray for this family!! Please pray for this child. My heart is broken, I love that little girl more than words could ever capture. Thanks~

Reuben Turner 5 years, 1 month ago

DIRTY DOG; NO-NO JUST DIRTY. LOCK HIS SORRY SELF UP AND THROW AWAY THE KEY.

shirinisb 5 years, 1 month ago

Maybe this dude and his friends and/or family should stifle from showing thier love for little girls...just for a moment.

thisiknow 5 years, 1 month ago

Been thru it don't wish anyone any harm. Back in the day the accussed got aversion classes and was never tried. When that person only served aversion(counseling) then that person just went on with his life. To this day he has been allowed to do what he does and----his family has paid the price--divorce,one in prison cuz aversion was not offered and 1 getting behavior help out of state. That one person broke up an entire family. Words of wisdom----whether it is truth or fiction--talk about it and make sure all affected go thru some type of therapy. Things like this infect a family and fester for years.

thisiknow 5 years, 1 month ago

workinghard 5 years, 1 month ago

mindurbizznezz--don't worry about me I'm safe on that end. " The accused has never demonstrated a desire such as this in the past". Did you honestly think he would come right out and tell you if he did? Maybe he just never got caught before. If he's innocent it will come out. All of Major Edwards Jr's friends said he didn't do it either then he confesses.

jeffery 5 years, 1 month ago

Thank you mindurbizznezz, your comments were kind...I am the head of the family invoved .I think every one who know the facts and those invoved are heartbroken as well.There is evil in this world the kind that enjoy prying on children. That evil isnt here .Saying hurtful things is easy when your anonymous and dont have all the facts,like casting the first stone.The man involved here is a good kind hearted man who used poor poor judgment. His two daughters love him very much and will suffer without him .The evil your looking for isnt here. Just a sad situation the kind that destroys lives and makes an otherwise hard man pray and weep..

shirinisb 5 years, 1 month ago

This whole "Good man" thing is really pissing me off. His daughters would suffer without a baby rapist in thier life? How stupid can you be? this is the type of talk that reminds me why rapists, and anyone who touches a child is a babyrapist, should get capital punishment (which I am against in the case of murder).

The man is admittedly by his own supposed family and friends to be a baby rapist- screw this "good man who made a mistake bull" simply suggesting that is digsuting in itself and has NO place around children. The last people I'm praying for is ANY adult in this situation who isn't livid and disgusted.

workinghard 5 years, 1 month ago

I remember someone coming on the site once and saying what a kind gentle man Major Sr was and I knew personally that was crap. So Jeffery, are you saying the person involved here has no criminal history whatsoever because a "good" man does not have a criminal record.

jeffery 5 years, 1 month ago

Your anonymous shribisb, Im not i used my name. Unless you were peaking in the window I dont think you have a clue whats going on.. Your just hidding and running your mouth behind a screen name. By the way an ignorent man expresses his thoughts with profanity because he can no other way.

workinghard 5 years, 1 month ago

Oh and I like this one from the Vital story "Major Sr. tried to raise his family. He is a tax paying working man" You mean his wife was while he was out drinking until she finally wised up recently and left him. Now he's sponging off of someone else. Just deleted the other half my post because it invovled another little girl that doesn't deserve to have it aired here.

shirinisb 5 years, 1 month ago

OH and if I were peeping in the window- there would be no one left to arrest, for I am a mother.

jeffery 5 years, 1 month ago

Sorrry" Youre,ignorant woman " got it....typo

workinghard 5 years, 1 month ago

Hey it has nothing to do with North Lawrence, they didn't come from there. A few moved there but they came from elsewhere in Lawrence. I heard Major Sr left North Lawrence and is now living in West Lawrence. I certainly don't think you can call that clan red-necks. Won't argue about the in-breeding of that clan though.

workinghard 5 years, 1 month ago

Jeffery seems to be avoiding the question of "does the person involved here have any criminal history whatsoever because a "good" man does not have a criminal record."

workinghard 5 years, 1 month ago

Well I guess Jeffery doesn't want to answer that one with the truth.

shirinisb 5 years, 1 month ago

YOU'RE YOU STUPID REDNECK. JESUS SMACK ME IN THE FACE WITH A BIBLE HOW STUPID ARE YOU?!?! Oh wait, you support babyrapists. You're obviously an aboslute idiot.

shirinisb 5 years, 1 month ago

Since my last post will most likely be deleted; let me tone it back. "You're". Also, your ignorance is not limited to "typos"

noneofyourbuzzzz 5 years, 1 month ago

I also am involved with this family, and despite my judgment i turned it in... he will pay.. that's all there is to it.. cant do the time don't do the crime.. i also agree that evil inst here but at one point in their lives it was evil the darkness took over and he made some big big big mistakes.. and he will pay for it for the rest of his life.. my main concern is the children.. to preserve their innocence as much as possible and to educate them to the best of my knowledge to make sure this stops happing. all over the usa.. take it for what its worth .. with out evil there is no good.. the children will suffer no matter what we do.. if we fall apart as a society and not pay attention to our future.. ( that being out children) i think the name calling is un-called for and shows true ignorance, in a way that our world will never change due to racist.. people despite color race or character. We as a community have to stand together.. and stop fighting each other.. call me what ever you like i stand tall in the decision i made and as for a few of you go im pretty sure that you have the wrong person in mind.. and as far as the facebook account went he never used it, i did i posted those things about happy birthday and such .. so think what u want.. but i didnt know and when i did know i did what i knew i had to do.. and i will make sure that he does pay even if it tears our family apart we will grow stronger due to this happing.

LadyJ 5 years, 1 month ago

When people pick a user name that basically tells people off, it doesn't matter what your message is, it will be viewed negatively. You did the right thing. You want us to stand together but you want to tell us how to do it. It sounds like you want to be the one in charge of seeing that he gets punished but it just doesn't work that way, sorry. If it goes to trial, it's up to 12 citizens and a judge or at least a judge.

noneofyourbuzzzz 5 years, 1 month ago

I chose that name because none of you need to know who i am.. thats all the name means.. anyways.. i am fully aware of what the judge will do.. or can do.. and im not in charge.. so it came out wrong all im saying is everyone will pay no matter what happens this isnt something that everyone just sweeps under the carpet ...

noneofyourbuzzzz 5 years, 1 month ago

I also am involved with this family, and despite my judgment i turned it in... he will pay.. that's all there is to it.. cant do the time don't do the crime.. i also agree that evil inst here but at one point in their lives it was evil the darkness took over and he made some big big big mistakes.. and he will pay for it for the rest of his life.. my main concern is the children.. to preserve their innocence as much as possible and to educate them to the best of my knowledge to make sure this stops happing. all over the usa.. take it for what its worth .. with out evil there is no good.. the children will suffer no matter what we do.. if we fall apart as a society and not pay attention to our future.. ( that being out children) i think the name calling is un-called for and shows true ignorance, in a way that our world will never change due to racist.. people despite color race or character. We as a community have to stand together.. and stop fighting each other.. call me what ever you like i stand tall in the decision i made and as for a few of you go im pretty sure that you have the wrong person in mind.. and as far as the facebook account went he never used it, i did i posted those things about happy birthday and such .. so think what u want.. but i didnt know and when i did know i did what i knew i had to do.. He will pay ... nothing anyone can do about it .. even if it tears our family apart we will grow stronger due to this happing.