Archive for Thursday, June 24, 2010

Xavier Henry taken by Memphis Grizzlies with 12th pick in the NBA Draft

Kansas guard Xavier Henry pulls up for a jumper prior to tipoff against Texas A&M in the Big 12 Tournament. Henry has a press conference scheduled for 3 p.m. today to announce his future plans.

June 24, 2010, 7:47 p.m. Updated June 24, 2010, 9:17 p.m.

Kansas forward Xavier Henry was taken by the Memphis Grizzlies with the 12th pick in the NBA Draft on Thursday.

In that spot, Henry is scheduled to make $1.683 million next season.

"I think I can make a big impact on both sides of the ball, not just scoring," Henry said at the draft. "That's a very aggressive part of my game and I just try to play the game with 100 percent effort all the time and that is what I will bring to Memphis."

Henry averaged 13.4 points and 4.4 rebounds for KU last season. Originally, he committed to the University of Memphis before changing his mind to attend KU.

"I don't regret going to Kansas but now I am going to Memphis, I feel like I should be there," Henry said. "I'm going to be happy I am there. I am going to give it my all as soon as I step into the city."

Comments

TopJayhawk 3 years, 9 months ago

They see the upside. He has a high ceiling.
BC his numbers were pretty good, and he was unselfish to a fault at times. Good for him. I don't suppose I could get him to pay off my house, do you?

yankeevet 3 years, 9 months ago

Big Bucks...............for bouncing a ball............and chump change for fighting for your country on foreign soil.............

thebcman 3 years, 9 months ago

I'm not seeing it. This dude did not impress me at all last year. Good riddance, as far as i'm concerned.

Bill Lee 3 years, 9 months ago

If someone had offered me a million and a half bucks to drop out of school after my freshman year, the dust would have taken decades to settle.

just_another_bozo_on_this_bus 3 years, 9 months ago

Well, he finally made it to Memphis. Just a year later than originally planned. (and $1.683 M richer.)

b22 3 years, 9 months ago

KU's first one-and-done...good luck X!