Archive for Monday, January 4, 2010

Five suspects arrested in connection with string of burglaries

January 4, 2010

Lawrence police early Monday morning arrested five suspects who are linked to a series of vehicle burglaries over the weekend.

Officers arrested an 18-year-old woman, an 18-year-old man, two 19-year-old men and a 17-year-old boy at 12:45 a.m. after a traffic stop in the 1500 block of Wakarusa Drive.

Police spokeswoman Kim Murphree said the case was still under investigation Monday as officers were looking into whether the suspects are connected to any other burglaries in the Lawrence area.

The adult suspects were taken to Douglas County Jail on vehicle burglary charges and drug and alcohol possession charges.

Comments

Amy Heeter 4 years, 3 months ago

Do try to hang in there consumer1.

Benjamin Roberts 4 years, 3 months ago

consumer1 (Anonymous) says… "On the article, I believe they should post the names of the perps for a little bit of peer pressure justice."

Peer pressure is probably what motivated the illegal behavior.

consumer1 4 years, 3 months ago

Artichoke, you are not going to get me "roped in" to another conversation like the last one. It "Knotted" me up for days. I decided not to get in a "twist" this time.

Amy Heeter 4 years, 3 months ago

Watch it on that may be considered a racist commet to some on here.

consumer1 4 years, 3 months ago

By wench, are you referring to the type of wench it takes to tighten my nuts? Like a quessent wench? I pweefer the sucket wench to tighten nuts. and A skwew dwiver for skwews. On the article, I believe they should post the names of the perps for a little bit of peer pressure justice.

Outsidelookingin 4 years, 3 months ago

Bearded, FYI, they are from "Lawrence".

bearded_gnome 4 years, 3 months ago

west side.

no word on where these four males and one wench are from. oh, will the word "wench" get my comment moderated...oh ... kay!

macon47 4 years, 3 months ago

and of course they were stealing stuff to buy drugs drugs are good and should be legalized so these kids could steal more to buy more legal drugs that have a tax stamp on them like smokes