Advertisement

Archive for Monday, December 13, 2010

Small fire fills rooms with smoke at Bishop Seabury Academy; finals to be held as scheduled

A fire truck sits outside Bishop Seabury Academy on Monday, Dec. 13, 2010 after a small fire in a utility closet filled a few classrooms with smoke.

A fire truck sits outside Bishop Seabury Academy on Monday, Dec. 13, 2010 after a small fire in a utility closet filled a few classrooms with smoke.

December 13, 2010, 8:17 a.m. Updated December 13, 2010, 8:33 a.m.

Advertisement

Douglas County Fire and Medical dispatch confirmed reports of a small fire at Bishop Seabury Academy, 4120 Clinton Parkway, Monday morning.

School principal Dr. Don Schawang said a heater in a utility closet caught fire and caused smoke to filter into classrooms.

Schawang said students were briefly evacuated until the fire was under control. There are no reports of injuries or major damage.

Bishop Seabury's website lists Dec. 13 as a half day of classes due to final exams. Schawang said finals will proceed as scheduled.

Comments

Commenting has been disabled for this item.