Washington A crowd sprayed with bullets in a drive-by that killed four and wounded five had just returned from the funeral of a man slain nearby, and a 20-year-old is suspected in both shootings, according to authorities trying to prevent retaliation on Wednesday.
Two men and a 14-year-old boy accused of driving the minivan from which the bullets were fired were charged with first-degree murder in Tuesday night’s shooting, the worst in D.C. in at least 16 years. One other person who was in the van was not caught, court documents said.
One of the suspects, Orlando Carter, also has been charged with second-degree murder in the March 22 death of Jordan Howe, whose funeral was earlier that day. On March 23, Carter was shot in the head and shoulder hours after his brother was charged in Howe’s death, court documents said.