Archive for Thursday, October 29, 2009

Man arrested after assault incident at The Hawk

October 29, 2009

A 21-year-old KU student was arrested early Thursday morning after an incident at The Hawk, 1340 Ohio St.

Lawrence Police Sgt. Ted Bordman said the student had been outside the bar on the front sidewalk getting sick about 1 a.m. when staff members asked him to leave.

The man became hostile toward the staff members and displayed a knife, with the blade extended. Some of the man's friends ushered him away from the establishment and were last seen entering a nearby alley. Bordman said the police were not called at that point.

The man then returned to the bar. The staff recognized him and told him to leave. The man became aggressive toward the staff and battered one of them, though no serious injuries were suffered. He was subdued by members of the staff and the police were called. Bordman said officers arrived on the scene and arrested the man about 1:20 a.m.

He was arrested on charges of aggravated assault, battery, disorderly conduct and criminal trespassing.

Comments

woodenfleaeater 5 years, 2 months ago

He may have gone back in to kindly apologize for ralphing on their sidewalk and pulling a knife on them.

tanaumaga 5 years, 2 months ago

i'd bet a hundred bucks that the hawk 'bouncers' roughed this guy up pretty good before the cops came. hawk bouncers=a holes....

supertrampofkansas 5 years, 2 months ago

autie,

you sure it wasn't one of yur cuzins?

parrothead8 5 years, 2 months ago

tanaumaga (Anonymous) says… i'd bet a hundred bucks that the hawk 'bouncers' roughed this guy up pretty good before the cops came. hawk bouncers=a holes….

If someone threw up on my sidewalk, pulled a knife on me once, and then came back later to pull the knife again and shove me around, I'd say he would deserve to get roughed up.

estespark 5 years, 2 months ago

The article says he was 21 years old.

I didn't think anyone over the age of 19 went to the Hawk.

gsxr600 5 years, 2 months ago

I'm surprised this patron was of drinking age.

OnlyLawrenceRepublican 5 years, 2 months ago

I wonder if battered staff is better than breaded staff.

jumpin_catfish 5 years, 2 months ago

Hey LarryNative, I rolled mercury around in my fingers when I was a kid and I'm pretty much normal if you call super genius normal.

ralphralph 5 years, 2 months ago

The knife was probably just to scrape the vomit out of the tread on his shoes.

bearded_gnome 5 years, 2 months ago

---"upon further investigation, it was found he had a fake ID, and was recently on one of the yelling judges programs facing the owner of Biggs BBQ."

or: sure, he was "21" riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!

or: above poster notes surprise at how elderly this drunk/ralpher is...apparently he's just a slow learner.

and as to not being in the paper when you threw that drink at the bartender Blessedsap...well, you should've hurled your cookies, then it would've been frontpage news!

I'm just amazed that the Hawk is even still in business.