Archive for Thursday, October 15, 2009

Man arrested on aggravated assault charges

October 15, 2009

A 21-year-old Lawrence man was arrested Thursday morning on charges of aggravated assault.

According to Lawrence Police Sgt. Ted Bordman, police responded at 3:37 a.m. to a disturbance with weapons in the 600 block of Gateway Court.

Two groups of people from neighboring apartments had been involved in an altercation on their back porches. The victim claimed during the incident the suspect had pointed at him what appeared to be a .40-caliber pistol.

Police contacted all involved parties, identified the man with the weapon, and recovered the weapon, which was a pellet gun.

According to Bordman, the man was arrested on charges of aggravated assault because he allegedly put the victim in fear of bodily harm using a weapon.

The man was arrested at 4:00 a.m.

Comments

Soap 5 years, 6 months ago

The "ban __" and "blah blah roundabouts" comments are soooo 2006.. Kill urself plz kthxbai

FarneyMac 5 years, 6 months ago

Ban Sunrise Village. That place has become a cesspool.

skinny 5 years, 6 months ago

This was not a sex crime, how come the LJWorld did not list the arrested guys name?

Guess his name wasn't Morningstar!!!!!

urthatguy66044 5 years, 6 months ago

I used to live there about 4 years ago, one night a deer somehow wondered back there and about 6 drunk frat boys thought it would be funny to chase it around the complex.... I was prayin one of them would get kicked in the face, but it didn't happen... I agree that area has turned into something pretty sad, especially when those townhomes could be really nice if someone just took better care of them!

ralphralph 5 years, 6 months ago

Somebody could get some serious time ... on probation ... over this one. Those appointments can be so inconvenient, too! That'll learn 'em.

Danimal 5 years, 6 months ago

All and all, it was a pellet gun. Not impossible to kill someone with a pellet gun, but it's pretty difficult. As punishment they should just crazy glue the participants hands together so they have to live together for a solid week or so.

iloveyoutoo 5 years, 6 months ago

A little off subject but did anyone ever figure out why they Douglas County Sheriff's Office website is down?

MrShades 5 years, 6 months ago

"He could've put his eye out with that thing"

supernik 5 years, 6 months ago

all time greatest line! "the man was arrested on charges of aggravated assault because he allegedly put the victim in fear of bodily harm using a weapon. " monsters put my kids in fear of bodily harm but when the find out that they are fake, they move on and noone goes to jail over it...

KansasVoter 5 years, 6 months ago

supernik (Anonymous) says… "monsters put my kids in fear of bodily harm but when the find out that they are fake, they move on and noone goes to jail over it…"

True, but if some stranger dressed up like a monster and hid in your kid's closet waiting to scare him or her I guarantee that you'd have that person arrested.

supernik 5 years, 6 months ago

no, not arrested - that is far too dramatic - might glare at them though (i am assuming i would know this person since in relation to the situation - they are neighbors and know each other)

Practicality 5 years, 6 months ago

I for one am also tired of Monsters just getting off with a slap on the wrist. There were many Monsters scaring the bejesus out of me when I was a kid, and those Monsters are still running around terrorizing children to this day. I blame the progressive, liberal laws that have allowed them to find loopholes to avoid prosecution for their dastardly deeds. We need a 1 strike law for Monsters. Lock 'em up and throw the book at them. Have they ever caught the Boogie Man yet?

lmb 5 years, 6 months ago

You're telling me if your neighbor dressed up as a monster, snuck (broke) in to your house, and hid in a closet with intent to frighten you're child you would just roll with it? Neighbors does not mean friends, allies, nor acquaintance.

hornhunter 5 years, 6 months ago

Did the KU basketball player that shot the air soft gun at a women on campus get the same charges given to him ? Just asking.

Practicality 5 years, 6 months ago

smitty,

bring it up on google search, and just click on the online booking recap option. I got it to work that way, but like you, if I tried to bring up the Sheriff's web page I was left with the same result you were.