• Pavement repairs will limit traffic to one lane in each direction from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday on the Kansas River bridges that connect downtown Lawrence and North Lawrence. Officials expect few additional delays, as traffic on the bridges already is limited by ongoing reconstruction of the intersection of North Second and Locust streets.
• Reconstruction of the intersection of North Second and Locust streets has closed both lanes of North Second heading north through the intersection, and one lane heading south. Northbound vehicles follow a detour including Elm, North Third, Locust and — crossing Union Pacific Railroad tracks — Lyon streets. The restrictions are expected to last into late November or December.
• Drivers may face slow traffic periods as construction continues for a new U.S. Highway 59 between Lawrence and Ottawa.
• Pavement repairs will spur intermittent lane closures from 9 a.m. to noon Monday along the South Lawrence Trafficway, where it crosses Clinton Parkway. Such repairs will continue from noon to 3 p.m. along an at-grade bridge that crosses the Wakarusa River, about 800 feet south of the trafficway’s intersection with Kasold Drive. Flaggers will direct traffic through work zones.
• Beginning Monday, Douglas County Route 9, or East 1500 Road, will be closed from the Kansas Turnpike to U.S. Highway 24-40, as crews hired by the Kansas Turnpike resume bridge-construction activities. The closure will be expected to last until late spring.
• Douglas County Road 438, also known as the Farmers’ Turnpike, remains closed for reconstruction from South Lawrence Trafficway to County Road 1029. A detour is available using the trafficway, U.S. Highway 40 and County Road 1029. The project is scheduled for completion by Thanksgiving.
• Traffic stays reduced to one lane on two bridges along Douglas County Road 458, at the southwest edge of Clinton Lake: the Wakarusa River Bridge and Rock Creek Bridge.
• Along Interstate 70 in Shawnee County, the westbound exit ramp to California Avenue will be closed from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday for culvert repairs.
• The eastbound left lane of I-70 will be closed from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday between 110th and 78th streets in Wyandotte County for cleanup work.
• Along the eastbound side of Interstate 470 in Shawnee County, the Gage Boulevard exit will be closed from 6:30 p.m. Monday through 6 a.m. Tuesday for repairs to concrete pavement.
U.S. Highway 24
• The eastbound right lane of U.S. Highway 24 remains closed 24 hours a day, Monday through Friday, from Rochester Road to Kansas Avenue in Shawnee County for entrance repairs.
• During weekday daylight hours, traffic on U.S. Highway 24 in Shawnee County remains limited to one lane in each direction over the bridge spanning Union Pacific Railroad tracks 1.56 miles east of Topeka Boulevard for a repair project set to continue through mid-December.
• The westbound right lane of Interstate 435 in Johnson County will be closed from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday from Quivira to Pflumm for pavement repairs.
• Drivers should expect varying lane closures on entrance ramps onto I-435 from Metcalf Avenue, Nall Road, Roe Avenue and State Line Road for striping work from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday.
Kansas Highway 10
• The westbound exit ramp from Kansas Highway 10 onto Woodland Road in Johnson County is closed through Wednesday for reconstruction.
U.S. Highway 69
• The northbound right lane along U.S. Highway 69 in Johnson County will be closed from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday and Tuesday from 91st to 95th streets for work on a box culvert.
Kansas Highway 92
• The Centennial/Missouri River Bridge along Kansas Highway 92 in Leavenworth County will be reduced to one lane for repair from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday and Tuesday. Flaggers will direct traffic.
• The right lane for southbound traffic will be closed along Interstate 635, from Georgia Avenue to the Missouri River Bridge in Wyandotte County, from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday for sign-installation work.
• I-635’s northbound left lane will be closed from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m., Monday through Friday, from Leavenworth Road to Parallel Parkway in Wyandotte County for sign-installation work.