Archive for Saturday, May 30, 2009

FSA announces program deadlines

May 30, 2009


The Farm Service Agency has many programs providing Kansas farmers and ranchers supplemental income to help with the many expenses of maintaining a crop or livestock operation.

Producers must report acreages to maintain eligibility for Price Support Programs, Noninsured Crop Assistance Program, Conservation Reserve Program, and Direct and Counter-Cyclical Program. Wheat, oats and barley must be certified by Monday. All other land uses must be certified by Aug. 1.

Aug. 1 is also the final date to request a farm reconstitution.

FSA accepts applications any time for Farm Storage Facility Loans, Continuous CRP, Rural Youth Loans, and Direct or Guaranteed Operating or Farm Ownership Loans.

To apply for FSA benefits or certify acreages, contact the Douglas County Farm Service Agency at 1217 Biltmore Drive, Suite 100, 843-4260.


Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.