Archive for Saturday, June 13, 2009

Obama’s ex-pastor apologizes for remark

June 13, 2009

— President Barack Obama’s controversial former pastor, the Rev. Jeremiah Wright, blamed “them Jews” in an interview this week for keeping him from speaking to the president, but later apologized.

Wright, former pastor of Chicago’s Trinity United Church of Christ, said he hasn’t spoken to Obama since he became president.

“Them Jews ain’t going to let him talk to me. I told my baby daughter that he’ll talk to me in five years when he’s a lame duck, or in eight years when he’s out of office,” Wright told the Daily Press of Newport News following a Tuesday night sermon at the 95th annual Hampton University Ministers’ Conference.

“They will not let him to talk to somebody who calls a spade what it is. ... I said from the beginning: He’s a politician; I’m a pastor. He’s got to do what politicians do.”

Wright issued a statement that he was “disturbed and deeply saddened” his comments were stirring discussion again.

“I mis-spoke and I sincerely meant no harm or ill-will to the American Jewish community or the Obama administration,” he said.

Comments

RoeDapple 6 years, 2 months ago

"Sorry I let the horse out of the barn. Here, let me close the barn door....."

So, what's next Jeremiah? Did the Holocaust really happen or did "them Jews" make that up?

What all these haters of "Jews" fail to realize is that if the Jews had not played their part in history Christianity may not even exist today. Jesus rode a donkey/horse into Jerusalem knowing that he would die there. WWJD (What Would Jeremiah Do?)

igby 6 years, 2 months ago

Jeremiah 32:23

...and they came in, and possessed it;but they obeyed not thy voice, neither walked in thy law; they have done nothing of all that thou commandedst them to do;therefore thou hast caused all this evil to come upon them;.....

32:30

For the children of Israel and the children of Judah have only done evil before me from their youth: for the children of Israel have only provoked me to anger with the work of their hands, saith the Lord.

Lee Eldridge 6 years, 2 months ago

He can apologize all he wants, but comments like "Them Jews" tells the real story about Wright's bigotry.

Stephen Roberts 6 years, 2 months ago

From my point view, he seems pretty racist to me. Even though there are white people who are racist, there are a lot of black people too who are racist. Groups like the NAACP help with this by segreagation. If I started a group only for white people, i would be labeled a racist even if I had everthing the same as the NAACP whith the execption of changing colored to "White"

In the words of Rodney King "Why can't we all just get along"

jaywalker 6 years, 2 months ago

That's a fudge of humongous proportions.

grammaddy 6 years, 2 months ago

Nancy-Tom, unless you attend a "Black Church" dont even pretend to know what Wright is all about, You wouldn't come close to understanding. Haha blame it on the NAACP. White folks need to get a clue.

bearded_gnome 6 years, 2 months ago

yes Tom, you are correct. Obama has no connection to rev. Wright, he just sat in his church for 20-years, had him do his wedding to Michelle, christen his children.

Obama had his children in that church under that kind of teaching.

so, Wright is "disturbed," right.
he meant no harm to jews, riiiiight!

gramma, that's a poor cop-out. most black churches don't engage in antijewish racism.

the bigger picture: antijewish racism among the left. american leftists cheering Hamas. american liberals saying that 6000 rockets a year is fine for the israeli populus, and how dare they retaliate!

not much.

Godot 6 years, 2 months ago

This article is Wright's second apology, cleaned up, no doubt, with help from the Obama regime's truth control team.

His first apology/excuse was that he meant to say, "Them Zionists."

Leslie Swearingen 6 years, 2 months ago

I could not care less about the Obamas having attended Trinity United Church of Christ. I am curious if they are going to become members of another church and what that might be. They did cut all ties with their former church. Just why was the Rev. Jeremiah Wright being interviewed? To me he just sounds out of sorts because the Obamas left his church.

grammaddy 6 years, 2 months ago

Rev. Wright, Sarah Palin, David Letterman, simple distractions. Don't we have bigger fish to fry??

Tom McCune 6 years, 2 months ago

"I misspoke" ? That's sort of like saying: "Sorry. officer. I mis-drank and mis-stopped at that red light and mis-hit that pedestrian."

I'm with Irish on this one. I think it would be interesting to see what church, if any, Obama joins. He said after he left Trinity they would join a church in DC. Generally speaking, the UCC is a very progressive denomination, with occasional aberrations like Trinity. If that is what he really believes, he should join a mainstream UCC church in DC. He probably just joined Wright's Trinity for political reasons.

Maybe he'll be like Abraham Lincoln and just not join any church at all.

beatrice 6 years, 2 months ago

My goodness, the Whites are upset this morning!

"and, just what is the ideological difference between Rev. Wright and James Von Brunn?

not much."

Bearded, that is as disengenous as you have ever been. I'm not a fan of Wright -- not a fan of many religious types because I think they are all charlatans -- but the level of hatred as found on Brunn's website and in his writings and in the way he lived his life that eventually led him to kill another person doesn't come close to matching what stupid things Wright has said. Not even close, and you know it.

However, I know it makes you feel better to pretend this to be true. I'm guessing you must be living proof of how the White man is soooo opressed in our society. Poor, poor, whitey. Never given a chance, never given a break, never even given an even shake! How sad.

Marion, please remember, when you use Obama's entire name, be sure to put in his title of "President of the United States" in front. Then we will know you aren't just upset by that middle name -- Hussein - Hussein - Hussein.

Oh, how I love the level of angst among those on the right these days! It just makes me happy knowing how miserable their existance is at present ... and will be for the next 8 years at least.

ASBESTOS 6 years, 2 months ago

"Nancy-Tom, unless you attend a “Black Church” dont even pretend to know what Wright is all about, You wouldn't come close to understanding. Haha blame it on the NAACP. White folks need to get a clue."

Well by that backwards thinking logic, you don't know what you are talking about and do not understand things because you apparently have not attended a "Skinhead" " NAZI", or White Supremecist rally, so you "really don't get their anger" either.

Most of the "black liberation christianity" is just as racist and hate filled as the skinheads. Luis Farrakahn and Jeremiah Wright are 2 sides of the same coin.

Now my post is not saying all black christian churches are racist, the majority are not.

The teaching of Black LIberation Theology is however very racist and violence and hatred agains white people is central.

jaywalker 6 years, 2 months ago

grammaddy,

I'm with ya, but never underestimate the ADD of the populace. Misdirection and distraction aren't a magicians' best friends for nothin'. Like feedin' christians to the lions or staging gladiator blood sport, the people will forget what the other hand's doin' as long as they're entertained or enthralled by a base nothingness.

ASBESTOS 6 years, 2 months ago

ASBESTOS 6 years, 2 months ago

Funny that the filter missed "cracker" and refused the other word.

Clearly a problem with racial politics.

Godot 6 years, 2 months ago

Where will Obama worship? The Church of the Holy Mirror.

notajayhawk 6 years, 2 months ago

grammaddy (Anonymous) says…

"Nancy-Tom, unless you attend a “Black Church” dont even pretend to know what Wright is all about"

The fact that you refer to the existence of a "Black Church" pretty much tells us all we need to know about what Wright - and you - are all about.

75x55 (Anonymous) says…

"Clearly, commuter, you do not understand that since blacks don't have the majority and control of the dominant culture, it's impossible for them to be racist. Only those with the ability to oppress can be racist."

Majority and control are not always the same thing. Especially when the federal government and courts enforce discrimination in the form of 'affirmative action.'