Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical responded Saturday to two structure fire calls.
The first call came in around 11:30 a.m. from 1501 W. 25th Court. According to Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical, vinyl siding on the side of the structure was melting off but no flames were showing. The fire caused minimal damage and no residents were displaced. At 12:30 p.m., crews were investigating the origin of the fire.
At 12:09 p.m., crews responded to an "oven malfunction" at 913 W. 27th Terrace. By 12:11 p.m. the home's electricity had been shut off and the scene was declared clear.