Archive for Sunday, July 19, 2009

Cheating S.C. governor says God will make him better

July 19, 2009

— South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford, still clinging to office after admitting to an extramarital affair, wrote in an opinion piece released today that God will change him so he can emerge from the scandal a more humble and effective leader.

“(W)hile none of us has the chance to attend our own funeral, in many ways I feel like I was at my own in the past weeks, and surprisingly I am thankful for the perspective it has afforded,” Sanford wrote in the opinion piece distributed statewide for Sunday newspapers.

Sanford, a two-term Republican, returned from a mysterious, nearly weeklong disappearance last month to reveal a romance with a longtime friend in Argentina. In a series of Associated Press interviews, he described the woman as his “soul mate” but said he would work to repair his relationship with his wife, Jenny, the mother of their four sons.

Some lawmakers have called for Sanford to resign, and one state senator plans hearings on whether state money was used to facilitate the trysts. A criminal probe found nothing illegal.

Sanford and his wife left the state earlier this week for an undisclosed location and are expected to return this evening, spokesman Joel Sawyer said.

In the opinion, Sanford vows to work with lawmakers he’s long fought and cites scripture and his faith in God — just as he’s done in his few public appearances since admitting the affair.

“It’s in the spirit of making good from bad that I am committing to you and the larger family of South Carolinians to use this experience to both trust God in his larger work of changing me, and from my end, to work to becoming a better and more effective leader,” he wrote.

The promise comes as the term-limited governor approaches his final legislative session. Even before the scandal, he admitted the session would offer him little chance of success in pushing a small-government agenda that sought to give his office more authority. The possibility of a White House run in 2012 has all but disappeared.

He’s known for slamming fellow Republicans who control state government — once by carrying two piglets to the door of the House chamber to protest spending. More recently, a court order forced Sanford to seek federal stimulus money he refused to accept because of his libertarian principles, despite warnings from education officials of massive teacher layoffs.

Legislators said the governor’s previous pledges to work together always quickly disintegrated.

“We’ve heard it every year,” said House Labor Commerce and Industry Chairman Bill Sandifer, R-Seneca. He said he told the governor, “You have gone out of your way to make enemies. You’ve done absolutely nothing to make friends, and now you want us all to be your friends? That’s a pretty tough pill to swallow.”

Sanford, who has long fought to give the governor’s office more control in the legislatively strong state, wrote that he would continue to push his agenda. And although he said his approach needed to be “less strident,” critics said Sanford’s contrition came 6 1/2 years too late.

“His love letters show he’s a helluva writer,” said Sen. Jake Knotts, R-West Columbia, a frequent adversary who made public that Sanford was missing. Sanford worked to get him ousted in the last election. “He’s a helluva writer and a promise maker, but he doesn’t keep promises to the state of South Carolina like he doesn’t keep promises to his wife.”

Comments

jaywalker 6 years ago

.......faster, stronger! Na na na naaa, na na na na na na!

(With the headline, the new theme for "The Six Million Dollar Adulterer")

KEITHMILES05 6 years ago

Nothing like having one of those holier than thou Republicans telling the world how to live yet skips out on his wife. Typical.

lawthing 6 years ago

The Devil made him do it, and God will make it better?

9070811 6 years ago

I don't think he should have to resign for having an affair. Shoot, more than half of those in politics have affairs. I think he should resign if he used donated state/fed/individually donated funds to finance his trip. But that gets messy when we talk about his set earned salary. Mmm... I don't care who they screw in private, I care about who their screwing over in the public. Last note, if the other woman is his "soulmate" why put his wife through the pain of being 2nd best?

jonas_opines 6 years ago

Wonder how he would have fared if He had actually taken responsibility for his behavior, before and after, rather than relying on God to take of it for him.

gsxr600 6 years ago

Typical evangelical Christian. Excuse while I go yack up my lunch.

beatrice 6 years ago

907, more importantly, if the other woman is his "soulmate," why would his wife put up with being 2nd best?

From what I can tell, this guy is all over the board on this whole God thing. "Soulmate" suggests something relating to or from God. Why would God help him stay away from his pre-ordained mate? Or, more likely, Sanford knows that people are suckers for a good God and forgiveness story -- "I have sinned!" Pathetic. Nothing prodigal about this son, just another man unable to keep his marriage vows.

I love that he equated the people of South Carolina as "family." If we take him at his word on this, then he really did cheat on the people and not just his wife.

tangential_reasoners_anonymous 6 years ago

Another politician (sorry, I always spit a little when I utter that word) who has discovered that a hollow allusion to repentance (sorry...) and God will restore acceptance among the constituency (sorry..., again).

Stuart Evans 6 years ago

God...god..GOD! BS. nothing like using an invisible man in the sky to make millions of people accept your humanity.

labmonkey 6 years ago

Stafford has to either be a Democrat plant, or he really is that stupid. I wish this moron could see how much damage he is doing to his party right now.

Tom- Yes, Kennedy should have rotted in prison years ago....but quit trying to change the subject. If you were a good Republican, you would be condemming this guy and hoping that he would resign and go away.

I hate to use this term, but the Republican Party needs a strong polical boss to kick the Staffords, Ensigns, and Palins out....and to remind them to represent their constituents when serving in their elected office. As much as I cannot stand Howard Dean and Nancy Pelosi, they do pretty much have their party in line right now.

Like the Daily Show said... God killed Michael Jackson to help this guy out. All he had to do was keep his mouth shut and all this would have went away...yet he kept talking.

labmonkey 6 years ago

Tom-

Why the hell are you protecting him? I want Obama and Pelosi out just about as much as you do, and the longer Stafford, Ensign, and Palin stay in the news, the less chance the Republicans have in taking back Congress and the White House. This guy is an embarassment to the party.

beatrice 6 years ago

Tom, do you really think the media would have ignored a Democratic governor who had done the exact same thing? Please. Even you aren't that naive. The guy flew to Argentina while claiming to be off hiking! The only surprise is that as a Republican he was actually having a heterosexual affair.

Regarding Palin, think of the interest in Palin as being akin to the interest people have in someone like Charles Manson. You know he is nuttier than a fruitcake, but you kind of want to watch him anyway just to see what freaky thing he might say or do. Same with Palin. Further, as someone who appeals so strongly to the base of the Republican party, some look at Palin as proof of just how out of step the Republican party base is with the rest of America - you betcha.

But keep blaiming the media if you like. Really, it does make you sound like a tin-foil hat type at all. Really.

georgiahawk 6 years ago

Tom, you are the only one talking about Palin! What is your obsession with her? Just bimbo enough for you to think you have a chance with her?

labmonkey 6 years ago

Beo- you are a friggin moron. Most Republicans despise Stafford right now. Only idiots like Tom try to protect him.

Tom- Even Rush Limbaugh was smart enough to extract himself from mainstream attention, because he knew it was doing the party harm. Yes, the media sans FOX news slants way left. That is why Republicans need to keep their noses clean if they have a chance. Unfortunately, the GOP has no stars right at the moment and it seems like the only time they get in the news is when they do something stupid. There is no leader in the party to remove these morons. In Stafford's case, he keeps talking, and talking. When you have someone who gets to where he got preaching family values...then do what he did and turn the whole thing into a circus act, then yes, he should be mocked. When you preach abstainence only education and have a knocked-up daughter, then yes, that looks horrible.

Lets put it this way...if Al Gore was caught dumping waste-oil barrels into wetlands to help support his and Tipper's hobby of buying unedited gansta rap and heavy metal CDs for young children, it would be all over the news too.

bearded_gnome 6 years ago

Beo rants: Stafford, Ensign, Palin, Craig, Limbaugh. Coleman are very representative of the Republican Party. Then you throw in what Fox news does and you see why

uh, you forget: John Edwards; Bill Clinton; Gary Condit; Barney Frank; Ted Kennedy; Robert Byrd (racist/KKK, not sex); et al.

no Beo it is you who adore Sanford. like Labmonkey says, most of us are deeply angry with Sanford and recognize his wrongdoing!

personally, if he says Maria is his "soulmate" he should pack up his hobby heavy equipment, resign the governorship, and go to Argentina to dig his big holes in the dirt with "country music playing in the background!"

what an idiot. saying God will make him better is yet another cop-out. God is in this case like a therapist: Sanford will only change if he wants to and God will help him.

Jenny, the wronged wife is heir to the Skill fortune...so she's got access to lotsa power tools! if I were Sanford, I'd have been long gone...lol!

jaywalker 6 years ago

"Regarding Palin, think of the interest in Palin as being akin to the interest people have in someone like Charles Manson"

Come on, bea, that's a ridiculous comparison. I am ......shocked?....dismayed?... at the numbers of people who are so solidly in her corner concerning her future in politics. Don't know if you saw Meet the Press last week, but there were Dems and Reps talking about how they were for her and thought she was a "good thing" for America. I was stunned. But I do know that if she goes on some sort of campaign or speaking tour they will turn out in droves to hear her. She does strike a chord with some folks, even if she is so 'simple', maybe due to that fact. It ain't nothin' like a Manson-fascination.

bearded_gnome 6 years ago

c'mon Beo, cat got your tongue?

here's more for you: two democrat governors of New York, apparently more to your liking.

*one, Spitzer, had been a prosecutor and knew about federal prosecution of prostitution enterprises, yet he hired several very big dollar prostitutes!

and, my favorite so I'm sure you have a soft spot for David Paterson. had several affairs including at least one with an employee! Maria isn't Sanford's intern or employee. furthermore, some of the sexcapades went on while he was Lieutenant Governor of New York, and he used coke then too.
there's evidence he may have used more coke after becoming New York governor. shortly after he took office there was the news story of how he had to suddenly have emergency surgery for a bout of Acute Angle Glaucoma. this particular form of Glaucoma attack can be triggered by the illegal use of coke.

further, I have to laugh: you guys criticize Sanford for not living up to a moral standard you guys yourselves don't support. in fact, many of you attack this standard.

so, you prefer a coke-using womanizing governor to stay in office who raises a dozen or more taxes and drives people out of his state? apparently so.

Beo, dealing with you is like shooting fish in a bucket.

madman 6 years ago

This guy has a serious case of diahrrea of the mouth. Just. Stop. Talking.

quik 6 years ago

I think I'm starting to understand why it keeps coming back to Sarah Palin. She could flip the women vote. McCain hoped for Hillary voters to turn to him after choosing Palin, didn't happen. I think a lot of these women are terrified of what may occur with government run health care. If Obama forces the issue and it's not a total success, those women will leave him.

beatrice 6 years ago

labmonkey: "Lets put it this way…if Al Gore was caught dumping waste-oil barrels into wetlands to help support his and Tipper's hobby of buying unedited gansta rap and heavy metal CDs for young children, it would be all over the news too."

Now that was funny, I don't care what side of the aisle you are one!

Jay, regarding the Manson/Palin line, I'm not comparing her as a person to Charles Manson. Heck, I'm not even saying she is a bad person or even bad for Alaska. Rather, I'm talking about the fascination with her from those outside of her camp, those who do want to talk and write about her more than they reasonably should. There are plenty of non-supporters who do seem a bit obsessed with her, and that peculiar fascination reminds me of the continued interest in someone like Charles Manson. Allow me to explain.

Think of otherwise rational folks who after reading Helter Skelter wanted to learn more about Manson's warped brain, they watched the Geraldo interview, they read anything that comes out about the "family" members, watch the History Channel specials, etc... It is a fascination in the odd, in the peculiar, all in an attempt to explain the unexplainable. This, as I see it, is similar to how some non-supporters seem to react to Palin, myself included at times. Asking yourself, "How can Manson have followers?", isn't that far removed from wondering the same about Palin. Neither seems to make sense -- to the non-supporter. The more you look the more it makes you wonder why, which makes you want to look even more, all in the hopes of coming to some rational conclusion. The seemingly cult-like obsession among followers of Palin is worthy of interest from those outside the cult. (I'm sure many here feel the same exact way about those of us who are strongly in Obama's camp.) It is a cult of personality thing, and trying to figure it out when you don't like the personality you see.

That is what I meant, and the Manson connection seemed like the clearest way to make the point. Obviously I failed, and have likely muddied the waters even further here, but I wanted to let you know that I did not intend to compare Sarah Palin to Charles Manson in any real or direct way. I can see how you could have taken it that way.

beatrice 6 years ago

Tom, does the "B" in BDS stand for Barack? I mean, only people like you are calling him "Our Chosen Saviour." That is some heavy obsession you got going there to equat him with being a saviour. I'm pretty sure the Bible talks about holding up others as gods, does it not? Those of us who voted for Obama did so because we simply felt he was the best person for the very difficult job. Knowing that our vote helped make sure that Sarah Palin, who even Cal Thomas is willing to admit wasn't ready for prime time, didn't become Vice President of the United States of America didn't hurt.

Speaking of saviours, do you think a professed belief in one will save Governor Sanford at this point? Are you too surprised as I am that a Republican sex scandal was heterosexual in nature?

Katara 6 years ago

bearded_gnome (Anonymous) says…

absolutely right Jaywalker and I'm one of the Palin supporters: it is the simplicity, plainspokenness. she lives her values. frequently last fall her crowds surpassed those of Mr. Obama. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Lives her values, eh?

Godot 6 years ago

Sanford is, IMHO, mentally ill.

puddleglum 6 years ago

god will make everyone better. everybody knows this. it isn't news

Katara 6 years ago

I have no respect for a man who hangs his wife out to dry and publicly humiliates her. He should have keep his mouth shut about the details. I don't need to know how he feels about his mistress. I can't imagine what Jenny Sanford is going through but she has to be an incredibly strong woman to put up with this with the dignity she has shown.

I really don't care if politicians have affairs. It is between them & their spouse. My only involvement should be if the affair interferes with their ability to do the job I voted them in to do and then they should be removed from their office. Other than that, it is none of my business.

mdrndgtl 6 years ago

He had an affair with a sultry Latin seductress? Nice...

bearded_gnome 6 years ago

Sanford left his state for several days, nobody on his staff knew how to reach him. as the governor of a state, if he was gone and out of communication, he should have at least formally turned the responsibilities over to his lieutenant governor. leaving like that did endanger his state's citizens, and he shirked his responsibilities.

personally I don't know WTH he is doing. if he thinks Maria is his "soulmate" then go away and let Jenny have a chance to heal, let his kids have some peace.

I see Beatrice is lying again. she likes to say that only the right calls Mr. Obama the messiah, "the one" etc.

she did comment on my blog in october on this topic so I know she saw that. either she's boldfaced lying: or early Alzheimers has set in On the floor of the House of Representatives, Democrat rep Cohen of TN said: "Barack was a community organizer, like Jesus was." I also documented that activists (on Obama's side) were also printing bumperstickers and buttons with that quote on them.

bearded_gnome 6 years ago

here Bronzie violates the Terms of Service. will he return as Oedipus next time?

Bronzie, you don't even have my name right. please, go ahead and put up the mythical address you think you have for me.

readers please note your far left fringies at work as Beo and Bronzie. they are prime examples of the wacko uncivil left that seem to be the majority of the people on the left in this country now. they seem to be in control of the Democrat party.

Suggest removal Permalink Anonymous bronze (Anonymous) says…

watch it BG, may have to give beobachter your street address…….'snip-snip'.

bearded_gnome 6 years ago

Katara, thanks for the link, here's from that editorial, rather documents what I wrote.

She has been the target of constant personal attacks since she was selected to be Sen. John McCain’s running mate for the White House. She came from far-off Alaska. She has a middle-class background; the elites detested her. Her looks and attractiveness were mocked. Her critics said she didn’t have sufficient executive government experience. She was the target of television comics.

Her critics claim she couldn’t take the heat and that politics is not for the faint-hearted. They said she was a quitter.

Why can’t her detractors accept her reasons to leave the governor’s office?

---Kat, you cite the ex-brother-in-law and her response. so you as with others on the left who have raised this apparently approve of minimal punishment for a state trooper who takes his Tazar home and uses it on his teen step son. thanks, I'll remember that. if I had been in her job as governor, I think I would have had trouble sticking to the legal responses to that!

yes, she did work to get more money for her little city. she also campaigned for a sales tax to support the building of a rec center. if I wade into my calf's water, I'm gonna get wet. but I wouldn't try to say I'm dry.

jaywalker 6 years ago

bea,

You coulda stopped after the first line or two. I gotcha now, I misunderstood who you were referring to. My bad.

headdoctor 6 years ago

bearded_gnome (Anonymous) says…

Why can’t her detractors accept her reasons to leave the governor’s office?

–Kat, you cite the ex-brother-in-law and her response. so you as with others on the left who have raised this apparently approve of minimal punishment for a state trooper who takes his Tazar home and uses it on his teen step son. thanks, I'll remember that. if I had been in her job as governor, I think I would have had trouble sticking to the legal responses to that!

Why is it that anyone leaning to the the right assume that any one who questions you is automatically on the left? Did it ever occur to you that some people are capable of thinking things through without interference from a political motive.

Life isn't always fair and the laws are not always correct but that is what we work with. There are rules in place to deal with things like Palin's Trooper Gate. It would appear that those procedures were followed. Palin just didn't like the outcome so she chose to interfere. You can defend her all you want but as far as I am concerned she would have had no business being that close to the oval office. I cringe to think what would have happened if McCain had been elected and something happen to him leaving her as President.

headdoctor 6 years ago

Made_in_China (Paul R. Getto) says…

Settle down folks; the citizens can deal with their governor. Most politicians are honest, hard-working and trying to solve problems in either state capitals or Washingon D.C. because we can't figure them out on our own. It's unfair to tarnish all of a population because of the behaviors of a few.

Umm, A few? Seems to me the list is getting rather long. If everyone thinks about politicians as you do it isn't hard to see why we have a den of thieves and crooks in Washington. It looks to me like the honest, hard working politicians generally get shut out of the political machine and can't even get time on the floor unless they buckle to the power players.

somedude20 6 years ago

I bet the Republican Party is just happy that one of their flock was busted with a woman not a man. How many times have we heard about some Republican who makes a stink about gays and how it is a sin to be gay only to find out that said politician is super gay and likes to text the cute little page boys or would rather bump feet in the men's room?

MeAndFannieLou 6 years ago

No, he shouldn't be fired for his affair, and I wish he'd shut up about it because I really don't care about it.

Katara 6 years ago

bearded_gnome (Anonymous) says… Numerous ethics violation charges were made against Palin and have cost her and her family more than $500,000 to defend. It is interesting to note that none of these charges have held up in court. ~~~~~~~~~~~~ That is incorrect. The links from the previous thread regarding that show that the investigations did not clear as Palin has so claimed. BTW, it would be difficult for charges to hold up in court when ethics violations are not handled by the court system but rather by investigative committees. Further, the investigations have not cost the Palins as much as you claim (unless you are including the amounts she had to pay out for settlements on her inappropriate use of the per diem systems and her inappropriate charging of travel costs for her family to the state?).

Even further, part of the "legal" costs she has incurred where of her very own doing. When Palin did not like the results from the investigation regarding her ex brother-in-law, she ordered another state investigation by a committee which she had already appointed members too (most definitely living her values there - stacking the deck).

http://www.juneauempire.com/stories/070109/sta_457304159.shtml ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ bearded_gnome (Anonymous) says… Kat, you cite the ex-brother-in-law and her response. so you as with others on the left who have raised this apparently approve of minimal punishment for a state trooper who takes his Tazar home and uses it on his teen step son. thanks, I'll remember that. if I had been in her job as governor, I think I would have had trouble sticking to the legal responses to that! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ That's an interesting leap in logic there, Bearded_Gnome. Are you living Sarah Palin's values (dishonesty) too?

So pointing out that Sarah Palin abused her power as Governor to conduct a personal vendetta automatically means one condones the behavior of the person she was going after? Wow. Does that mean that if a citizen points out police brutality, that citizen automatically condones all crime? And you wonder why it is difficult to take you seriously at times.

As headdoctor pointed out, the system was doing what it was supposed to do under the guidelines of the law and employment (union) contracts but Palin didn't like the results so she interfered. She had no right to circumvent the system (and on top of that, her husband [who had absolutely no business meddling with state affairs] was involved in this personal vendetta too). As Governor, she is subject to the same laws as every other citizen. She gets no special rights if she does not like the outcome.

Katara 6 years ago

bearded_gnome (Anonymous) says… Katara, as with Clinton, the problem wasn't with the affair itself, but the coverup. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ We'll have to disagree with Clinton. There was no coverup (as Sanford did) about his affair until after the Republicans via Starr tried to take him down. The 2 situations really are not comparable. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ bearded_gnome (Anonymous) says… I see Beatrice is lying again. she likes to say that only the right calls Mr. Obama the messiah, “the one” etc.

she did comment on my blog in october on this topic so I know she saw that. either she's boldfaced lying: or early Alzheimers has set in On the floor of the House of Representatives, Democrat rep Cohen of TN said: “Barack was a community organizer, like Jesus was.” I also documented that activists (on Obama's side) were also printing bumperstickers and buttons with that quote on them. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ You really should stop with this nonsense about Beatrice. It does not help your cause.

The quote from Rep. Cohen is nowhere near claiming that Obama is the Messiah and you know this. The right wingers are the only ones yadda-yadding about how the "left" (or more accurately anyone who voted for Obama - which BTW includes many true conservatives) thinks Obama is the Messiah.

To put such ridiculous words into others' mouths also does great harm to your credibility (along with all others who make the same claim). It is pretty much, to me, in the same vein as the loonies who claim that Obama is not an American citizen.

I like ya, gnome but it really irritates the crap out of me that someone, who seems to be as intelligent as you are, pulls these silly stunts. Don't be a Tom Shewmon. You are better than that.

jimmyjms 6 years ago

"God forbid he'd ran his car off a bridge into a cove and left the scene for 8 hours or so to sober up, leaving the Argentinian woman to drown."

Ah yes, the party of "personal responsibility."

Sanford's a joke, he should resign. But that pretty well goes for the entire leadership of the GOP.

MeAndFannieLou 6 years ago

Mach,

I'm pretty sure it's the very same sugar-daddy in the sky who's going to come down at the eleventh hour and restore everything to its original pristine condition, allowing the select among us to go on denying overpopulation, global warming, and depletion of resources.

deskboy04 6 years ago

It sure seems like the last few months have been tough for governors around the country.

beatrice 6 years ago

bearded, you are still upset for my calling you out for posting a blog that made wild accusations but had no facts to support your claims? Geez, get over it already.

Comparing one's activities to those of Jesus isn't the same as calling him "the Messiah." If someone says "I am in a noble profession. I'm a carpenter, like Jesus was," does that mean they are calling themselves "the Messiah," "the Chosen One," etc...? No, it isn't. Also, even if there is an isolated incident of which I'm unaware from the left, that is nothing compared to the constant rantings from the right, which has been calling Obama "the Messiah" and "the Chosen One" for some time. This even included John McCain on his website back when he was losing in the presidential race. He didn't have anything substantial to offer, so he went on the attack. Thank goodness Americans knew better than to vote for McCain and Palin. Those of us on the left just called him either "the best choice," or "the elected one."

Feel free to continue to call me a liar, however, since we both know that isn't true. Admit it, you just hate it when your own words are used to show you acting the fool, which is exactly what has you so mad at me now. With the rest of the childish names you constantly call people, liar is actually pretty tame. I'd expect nothing less from you.

ksdivakat 6 years ago

Why is there all this insulting, degrading language going on here?? Was the Gov right or justified? Absolutely not, he was dead wrong, howver, the affair part is between him and his wife, but the MIA thing is between him and his state. My Grandad used this saying all the time: Sweep your own back porch, before you try to sweep someone elses. This certainly applies here...I mean really what are we trying to do?? See which party can have the most controversial affairs?? I mean really?? Does the Governor sound stupid with his remarks? Absolutely, however I seem to remember another figure who happened to be POTUS also mentioning that God had forgiven him. But this tit for tat is silly.....both party lines have shady politicians, both party lines have politicians who cheat on their wives/husbands, both political parties have wack-a-doodles who associate themselves with that party, but do not represent the majority of the party! When, when, when, will we learn to listen to one another without hurling insults, name calling, and putting one another down? We should be building each other up! Without an objective to something, we wonder through life mindless and lifeless, is that what you want? Robot like? We need each other to keep each other in check, to keep the earth in balance, and to keep one another grounded. Why is this thread so long and tiring when we should be talking about the American Solider who was taken hostage, and we should be thinking of him and his family. 23 y/o and says he is afraid, how many of you have kids his age? Could you imagine it?? Could you imagine watching this trivial, tored, playedout argument going back and forth, when there are much bigger fish to fry! Can we try to come to some common ground and for today, decide that instead of some whorehopping Governor, we are gonna talk about OUR solider, who is in the hands of OUR enemy, and who will likely die if OUR troops dont find him first. Isnt it amazing just how much we have in common???

ksdivakat 6 years ago

Dont hate because the nasty vile you spew doesnt affect everyone.....obviously I must have said something that touched a nerve, or you wouldnt have been so hateful. Tell me what it is...what makes you hate so venomously and what makes your heart so black??

ksdivakat 6 years ago

oh, ahh, see your comment was so vile they removed it! Isnt that a shame?? That should be embarrassing for you as well.

parrothead8 6 years ago

I thought God made us the way we are, and then gave us free will. Doesn't that mean it's up to Sanford to get himself out of this? Doesn't God have more important things on his/her plate?

Alexander Neighbors 6 years ago

KansasPerson 6 years ago

This made my day:

This article's headline "Cheating S.C. governor says God will make him better"

right next to this headline: "Faith forum: Is there anything God can’t do?"

(when I first looked at the "Most Discussed" list)

Hahahahahahahaha!!!!! I'm easily amused, I know, but to my work-fried brain, that was just plain funny.

tanaumaga 6 years ago

'don't make me come down there.' -god-

jonas_opines 6 years ago

With 3300 plus posts under your belt, it's clear that you don't find them Too tiresome, 4125.

KatWrangler 6 years ago

MeAndFannieLou (Anonymous) says…

But he left his state with no one in charge, and for that he should be fired. He was a no-show, no-call. At any other, much less important, job, he would be fired for that. _____---

Didn't he also use taxpayer money to go see his lover/lovers?

jengaman 6 years ago

Politics in America are on the downfall...big time.

I guess he can also think God for dialing him in some Argentinean for him to bang around on for a while.