Lawrence police released information this week regarding multiple sex crime and abuse investigations in the city.
Police said none of the cases is believed to be connected to a serial rapist who has targeted college age women in Lawrence during the past five years.
Investigations are under way on these cases, police said:
• A 19-year-old woman reported that three Lawrence men broke into her North Lawrence home and one of them, a 20-year-old, raped her while she was asleep. The incident occurred between 2 a.m. and 3 a.m. on Feb. 16, police said. Police have identified the suspects, and the case is still being investigated.
• A 45-year-old homeless woman was reportedly sexually assaulted in the 800 block of Vermont Street. The victim said that about 4:50 a.m. Feb. 10, a 30- to 35-year-old man came up behind her, attempted to inappropriately touch her and battered her, police said.
• A 19-year-old Lawrence woman said she was raped by an acquaintance at a friend's West Lawrence home. Officers were called to Lawrence Memorial Hospital after the reported incident, which police said occurred between 1:30 a.m. and 2 a.m. Feb. 7.
• A 56-year-old homeless woman reported a 38-year-old homeless man raped her about 6:50 p.m. Feb. 6, in the west alley of the 900 block of Vermont Street.
• A 21-year-old Overland Park woman said she was walking in the 800 block of Massachusetts Street when an unidentified male came up to her from behind, reached up her skirt, touched her inappropriately and ran away. The sexual battery reportedly occurred at 2:05 a.m. Feb. 1. Police weren't able to track down the suspect.
Police also said they investigated a report of child abuse, after the mother of a 4-year-old boy reported her son had been spanked by his step-mother between Jan. 25 and Feb. 1.