Law enforcement report
The driver of a semitrailer lost control of his vehicle Monday morning on County Road 1055 south of Lawrence, forcing officers to reroute traffic for about an hour.
Sgt. Steve Lewis, a Douglas County Sheriff’s Office spokesman, said that around 7 a.m. the right front wheel of the truck left the road. After the driver tried to correct course, the vehicle ended in a jack-knifed position with the trailer to the side of the cab.
No one was injured. The accident occurred in the 1100 section of 1055 Road, which is about 2 miles south of Lawrence. South of the city limits, Haskell Avenue becomes County Road 1055.
• Someone removed another person’s Dell laptop computer valued at $1,500 sometime between 5:30 a.m. and 6:45 a.m. Sunday from the fourth-floor lobby of Lewis Hall at Kansas University.
• Shawnee County Sheriff’s officers took a woman into custody Sunday night after she led authorities on a high-speed chase that ended in Jefferson County near Perry Lake. It had started after an officer tried to stop her northwest of Topeka.
According to Shawnee County Jail records, Michele Lyn Shields, 38, was booked Sunday night on a charge of obstruction.
• At least one person had to be taken to Lawrence Memorial Hospital after a wreck at 7:12 p.m. Monday near Sixth and Iowa streets. The person’s injuries were believed to not be life-threatening, an emergency dispatcher said.
One person was also taken to LMH by ambulance before 6 p.m. Monday after a four-vehicle accident near Inverness Drive and Clinton Parkway.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
• Motor vehicle accident, 1:36 a.m. Friday, 625 Sunnyside Drive.
• Motor vehicle accident, 8:30 p.m. Thursday, 500 section of County Road 1055.
• Passenger vehicle fire, 4:41 p.m. Thursday, 2222 W. Sixth St.