David Duchovny in rehab for sex addiction
Los Angeles - David Duchovny has entered a rehabilitation facility for sex addiction.
In a statement released Thursday by his lawyer, Stanton Stein, the actor said he did so voluntarily, adding: "I ask for respect and privacy for my wife and children as we deal with this situation as a family."
The actor's publicist, Flo Grace, confirmed the rehab report, which first appeared on People.com.
She and Stein both declined to elaborate further.
Duchovny, 48, plays a sex-obsessed character on the Showtime series "Californication," which earned Emmy nominations for casting and cinematography. The show's second season begins Sept. 28.
"All of us at Showtime wish David and his family the best during this very private time," the network said in a statement.
The actor appeared in the film "The X Files: I Want to Believe" earlier this summer. He has been married to actress Tea Leoni since 1997. They have two children.
Lohan lashes out at father on blog
Los Angeles - Lindsay Lohan had words for her father on her blog.
The 22-year-old actress lashed out at father Michael by calling him a "public embarrassment" and a "bully" in a MySpace blog entry posted Thursday. Earlier in the week, Michael said in an interview with E! that Lohan gal pal Samantha Ronson was "using" his daughter.
Lohan's publicist, Leslie Sloane-Zelnik, confirmed the post by Lohan was legitimate.
"If you have something to say to me, say it to my face - that's what I have believed my whole life - don't be a coward and say it to others first, let alone all the media in the world," Lohan wrote.
The father and daughter have publicly quarreled for years. Lohan said in the dash-happy blog post that she tried to make things work in hopes "of having a father again" and "wanting things to change" despite what her mother and siblings have gone through with him.
After the blog entries were posted Thursday, Michael told OK! magazine in a statement that his concerns about Ronson were all generated by ex-wife Dina, who stars alongside their 14-year-old daughter Ali in the E! reality series "Living Lohan." Michael called Dina a "money-loving, fame-seeking, self-serving deceiver."
Yearwood brushes off emergency landing
Nashville, Tenn. - Trisha Yearwood had a harrowing experience on a recent flight to Oklahoma when her plane was forced to make an emergency landing in Baltimore because of a cracked windshield.
The singer was shaken but undeterred; she caught another flight home a few hours later.
"I'm pretty spiritual about it," she said Wednesday. "I turn it over to God and think, 'There's nothing I can do about it.' And I also think, 'What are the odds?' I've been flying for 18 years and had one emergency landing. That's pretty good."
Yearwood, her sister and some friends were returning Aug. 18 from a three-day, 60-mile walk in Boston to benefit Susan G. Komen for the Cure breast cancer research fund when they heard a loud pop.
Yearwood, 43, said the front left window of the plane had cracked.
"We never lost cabin pressure, so we didn't have to use our oxygen masks. By the time we got on the ground, the crack on the front of the plane's window was huge, and getting bigger by the second," she said.
When they reached the ground, she recalled, "It was like in the movies when they land and you see all the fire trucks and emergency crews. That's a real experience."
Rapper DMX pleads out Florida drug case
Miami - Rapper DMX has pleaded out a Miami drug case and now awaits extradition to face more charges in Arizona.
The 37-year-old rapper and actor pleaded guilty Wednesday to attempted marijuana and cocaine possession and was sentenced to time served. His lawyer Bradford Cohen says DMX is still in custody, waiting for Arizona authorities to pick him up on drug and animal cruelty charges there.
Cohen says DMX, whose real name is Earl Simmons, decided to plead guilty when he was denied bail earlier this week due to the outstanding Arizona warrant.
Cohen says if he hadn't pleaded guilty, Simmons would have had to sit in jail in Miami until an October trial date.
Studio offers 'Valkyrie' extras settlement
Berlin - A German film studio has offered to negotiate a settlement with a dozen extras who were injured on the set of the Tom Cruise film "Valkyrie," despite their demands that the actor and his production company, United Artists, pay them $11 million.
"We have offered a settlement," Charles Woebcken, president and chief executive of Studio Babelsberg AG, which co-produced the film with United Artists. "But they haven't even reacted."
Though United Artists did not hire them, the 12 extras sent the company a letter demanding $11 million for injuries when the door of a truck they were riding in during the film shoot in August 2007 fell open. At the time, reports said several suffered cuts, bruises and some broken bones.
A statement from Julie Polkes, spokeswoman for Cruise and United Artists, said the production company does not comment on "pending or threatened legal matters."