Advertisement

Archive for Thursday, August 21, 2008

No injuries reported in accidental fire

August 21, 2008

Advertisement

A malfunctioning bathroom exhaust fan sparked a duplex fire Thursday morning at 1330 E. 25th Ter., a fire department spokeswoman said.

The accidental fire, which was reported just before 9:30 a.m., caused an estimated $3,000 in damage, said Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical Division Chief Eve Tolefree. It was confined to the east side of the single-story duplex and under control in about 20 minutes.

"All occupants were safely evacuated and there were no injuries of fire department personnel," Tolefree said in a news release.

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.