Archive for Saturday, August 16, 2008

Obama rebuffs author’s attack

August 16, 2008

Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., shakes hands with Honolulu Mayor Mufi Hannemann at the airport Friday before boarding a plane to leave Honolulu after vacationing in Hawaii. The Obama campaign has created a 41-page refutation to author Jerome Corsi's book, "Obama Nation: Leftist Politics and the Cult of Personality."

— It makes sense for Sen. Barack Obama to slug it out with Jerome Corsi, whose new book paints the presumptive Democratic nominee as a dangerous radical, analysts said Friday.

But Obama's strategy also carries some risks.

"The old saying is that when you get in the gutter, everybody gets dirty," said Kevin Wagner, an assistant professor of political science at Florida Atlantic University, particularly with information flying across the Internet.

Corsi's book, "Obama Nation: Leftist Politics and the Cult of Personality," is No. 1 on The New York Times hardcover nonfiction bestseller list.

The Obama camp responded Thursday with a 41-page, point-by-point refutation of the key charges.

Corsi is well-known in political circles. Four years ago, he co-wrote with John O'Neill, co-founder of Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, the book "Unfit for Command," which raised questions about Democratic presidential nominee John Kerry's military record.

Corsi, who earned a Ph.D. from Harvard University in political science, has said he plans to vote this year for Chuck Baldwin, the Constitution Party's presidential candidate.

He argues in his book that Obama's election would mean "a repeat of the failed extremist policies" that have dominated the Democratic Party for years.

To critics, such arguments are reminiscent of Corsi's 2004 assertions about Kerry, a decorated Vietnam veteran.

The senator responded to charges in the book and by the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, but his reply was widely criticized as being too academic and low-key.

Obama's camp tried to show that it had learned that lesson this week with its lengthy refutation, which it called "Unfit for Publication."

Perhaps just as significantly, spokesman Tommy Vietor slammed Corsi, calling him "a discredited liar who is peddling another piece of garbage in order to continue the Bush-Cheney politics he helped perpetuate four years ago."

Corsi explained this week on CNN that "the book is designed to say that I oppose the candidacy of Barack Obama, and I explain why."

Corsi couldn't be reached for comment Friday.

Berkovitz said there generally were two ways to respond to such charges.

One method, used by Kerry and in 1988 by Democratic nominee Michael Dukakis, is to take a higher road.

The other way to confront what seem like wild allegations, credited most recently to Bill Clinton in the 1990s, is to respond early, fiercely and often.

The problem with such aggressive responses is that they risk keeping the story alive.

"Reminding people of negative information isn't usually helpful. You can give credibility to it even though you're saying it's wrong," said Susan Sterett, a professor of political science at the University of Denver.

Comments

just_another_bozo_on_this_bus 6 years, 9 months ago

"How does this make Americans stupid and gullible?"You do that to yourself, Tom. Corsi is just here to give you your ignorant talking points (and take your money.)

kugrad 6 years, 9 months ago

One cannot become informed by reading lies and fabrications discredited prior to publication. The assertions of this book are ludicrous.. This is NOT a scholarly work, it is just a piece of propoganda . One of the hallmarks of functional illiteracy is the inability to distinguish the intent of an author - to distinguish fact from opinion and opinion from persuasive text. If you read this book and still believe the intent of the author is just to inform.......you have very poor reading comprehension skills.

Sigmund 6 years, 9 months ago

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks." Hamlet Act 3, scene 2, 230.

bondmen 6 years, 9 months ago

Barack Hussein Obama's handlers are very concerned about the identity and lengthy relationships Barry has or has had with Marxist Leninists as revealed in this book by Dr. Corsi and its affects on their campaign should the news reach deeply into the thought processes of voting public. Their publicity campaign to refute facts presented in the book shows the level of their displeasure with the in depth reporting done by this author and will only serve to further publicize the serious nature of these unfortunate yet meaningful relationships to a wider audience. Dr. Corsi will of course be responding to the Obama handlers/promoters who, by the way, have published the authors home address so the thundering reds and brownshirts can visit his family at night. How very closely they parrot the thug of South America, Presidente Hugo Chavez!They haven't rebuffed, they have misdirected and misconstrued in order to misinform.

jhwk2008 6 years, 9 months ago

LIE: "Nowhere in the autobiography does Obama disclose that his wife-to-be accompanied him to Africa on the 1992 trip." [p 25]Reality: Obama WROTE ABOUT TAKING Michelle TO KenyaObama: "After Our Engagement, I Took Michelle To Kenya:" Obama wrote in Dreams, "After our engagement, I took Michelle to Kenya to meet the other half of my family. She was an immediate success there as well, in part because the number of Luo words in her vocabulary very soon surpassed mine. We had a fine time in Alego, helping Auma on a film project of hers, listening to more of Granny's stories, meeting relatives I'd missed the first time around." [Dreams, p 439]

Sigmund 6 years, 9 months ago

just_another_bozo_on_this_bus (Anonymous) says: "You do that to yourself, Tom. Corsi is just here to give you your ignorant talking points (and take your money.)"Barry Obama is just here to give you your ignorant talking points (and take your money.)

tangential_reasoners_anonymous 6 years, 9 months ago

Oh, and regarding all the rebuffing... the politically futile attempt to keep a shiny side frontmost.

jhwk2008 6 years, 9 months ago

LIE: "Obama failed to discuss his father's alcoholism and polygamy in his autobiography." [p 24]"Obama's story of his father's life is dense, presented in anything but a straightforward manner, often glorified or embellished so as to mask much of the harsh and, for Obama, probably painful truth." [p 37]Reality: Obama WROTE EXTENSIVELY ABOUT HIS FATHER'S FLAWS IN "Dreams"Obama Wrote About His Father's Drinking Throughout Dreams from My Father. Obama writes Auma said, "At the time, I just saw that life at home became very difficult. The Old Man never spoke to Roy or myself except to scold us. He would come home very late, drunk, and I could hear him shouting at Ruth, telling her to cook him food. Ruth became very bitter at how the Old Man had changed: Finally Roy just left. He just stopped coming home and started living with different people. So I was left alone with the Old Man. Sometimes I would stay up half the night, waiting to hear him come through the door, worrying that something terrible had happened. Then he would stagger in drunk and come into my room and wake me because he wanted company or something to eat. He would talk about how unhappy he was and how he had been betrayed. I would be so sleepy, I wouldn't understand anything he was saying. Secretly, I began to wish that he would just stay out one night and never come back." [p 216-217]

jhwk2008 6 years, 9 months ago

And here's one last one from Jerome Corsi."Group tied to al-Qaida backs McCain for prez'They will do all they can to turn Kosovo into a jihadist camp in the heart of Europe'""Presumptive Republican presidential nominee John McCain has enjoyed strong support from a lobbyist group that backs the Kosovo Liberation Army despite allegations the KLA is a Muslim terrorist group with ties to criminal drug networks and al-Qaida."http://wnd.com/index.php?pageId=57678

jhwk2008 6 years, 9 months ago

Obama Wrote He Asked Himself If His Father Was "A Bitter Drunk." "Now, as I sat in the glow of a single light bulb, rocking slightly on a hard-backed chair, that image had suddenly vanished. Replaced by . . . what? A bitter drunk? An abusive husband? A defeated, lonely bureaucrat? To think that all my life I had been wrestling with nothing more than a ghost!" [p 220] Obama Wrote His Father's First Wife Was Kezia, Mother To Four of His Children. Obama's father's wife was Kezia Obama. Before he left Kenya, he fathered Auma and Roy with Kezia. After he had returned to Kenya years later, she also gave birth to Bernard and Abo. [Africa News, 8/15/04; Dreams from my Father, p 316, p 335]Obama Wrote His Mother Said There Was No Legal Documentation That Could Show a Divorce From His First Wife. In Dreams From my Father, Obama writes that his mother Ann Dunham said, "your father's first wife...he had told me they were separated, but it was a village wedding, so there was no legal document that could show a divorce." [Dreams from my Father, p 126]Obama Writes That His Father's Third Wife Refused To Life With His First Wife. In Dreams from my Father, Obama writes that one of his relatives said, "once Barack [Sr.] agreed to marry Ruth, she could not accept the idea of his having Kezia as a second wife." Ruth was the mother to Mark and David. [Dreams from my Father, p 213, p 423]Obama Wrote Obama Sr. Fathered His Last Child With an Unnamed Woman. Obama writes that before he died, Obama Sr. "had just fathered another son, George, with a young woman he was living with." Obama writes that his sister Auma said, "The Old Man's last girlfriend, the mother of our baby brother, George- she wanted everything." [Dreams from my Father, p 265-266, p 218]

Scott Drummond 6 years, 9 months ago

I heard it was reported somewhere the other day that Obama has never killed any babies or civilians, but McCain killed countless children and innocent civilians while in Vietnam. After a bomb exploded on his ship he even stated to the New York Times: "It's a difficult thing to say. But now that I've seen what the bombs and the napalm did to the people on our ship, I'm not so sure that I want to drop any more of that stuff on North Vietnam."McCain returned to his bombing duties.America cannot afford to have a baby killer as President. Who know what sorts of anger and retribution his election would cause in other parts of the world. The Islamic terrorists, who have watched our soldiers continue such indiscriminate bombing practices to kill tens of thousands of Iraqi civilians, are certainly going to have their resolve steeled by such a person in the White House.

jhwk2008 6 years, 9 months ago

LIE: "We find there is even uncertainty whether Stanley Ann and Obama Senior were ever married in a church. No marriage license for this first marriage surfaces in any of the now-growing volume of research being done...Yet even this remains murky." [p. 44]Reality: Corsi ADMITS ON THE SAME PAGE THAT Obamas'S PARENTS HAD A LEGAL American MARRIAGETime Reported On Obama's Parents' Divorce Records. TIME reported, "On Feb. 2, 1961, several months after they met, Obama's parents got married in Maui, according to divorce records." [TIME, 4/9/08] ¢ Corsi Cites Time Story To Say "Divorce Papers Confirm:" Corsi wrote, "Other sources say divorce papers confirm that a civil ceremony was held on Maui, on February 2, 1961, when Ann was three months pregnant with Obama." Corsi cites the April 9th, 2008 Time story for his reference to Obama's parents' wedding. [p. 44]Corsi "Baselessly" Suggests That Barack Obama Sr. Divorced Ann Dunham "Following The Prescripts Of Islamic Sharia Law." "Corsi baselessly suggests that Obama's father, Barack Obama Sr., may have divorced his mother, Stanley Ann Dunham, 'following the prescripts of Islamic sharia law.' Corsi's sole source for this statement is a blogger who made the claim in a March 20 post, which featured the false headline, "BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA WAS MUSLIM FOR 31 YEARS" and misstated Obama's mother's name as 'Shirley Ann.' The blogger Corsi cited, 'Majalah Bulanan Kumunitas Indonesia Di Edmonton,' provided no substantiation for the claim that 'the senior Obama divorced Dunham according to Sharia law.'" [Media Matters, 8/4/08]

jhwk2008 6 years, 9 months ago

LIE: "Obama devotes the entire second chapter of his autobiography to his time in Indonesia, but remarkably, he makes no reference to Maya's birth." [p 48]Reality: Obama DID MAKE REFERENCE TO HIS SISTER'S BIRTHObama: "My Mother And Lolo Would Remain Cordial Through The Birth Of My Sister, Maya:" Obama wrote, "Such arguments were rare, though; my mother and Lolo would remain cordial through the birth of my sister, Maya, through the separation and eventual divorce, up until the last time I saw Lolo, ten years later, when my mother helped him travel to Los Angeles to treat a liver ailment that would kill him at the age offifty-one." [p 47]Corsi "Falsely" Claims That Obama Did Not Mention The Birth Of His Sister In Dreams. "Corsi falsely claims that Obama does not mention the birth of his half-sister, Maya Soetoro-Ng, during the chapter in Dreams in which he discusses his time living in Indonesia. Corsi writes: In the midst of the personal drama being played against the background of this Indonesian turmoil, on August 15, 1970, Obama's half-sister, Maya Soetoro-Ng, was born to his mother and stepfather. Obama devotes the entire second chapter of his autobiography to his time in Indonesia, but remarkably, he makes no reference to Maya's birth [Page 48]. In fact, on Page 47 of Dreams, in the chapter discussing his time in Indonesia, Obama writes that 'my mother and Lolo would remain cordial through the birth of my sister, Maya.'" [Media Matters, 8/4/08]

jhwk2008 6 years, 9 months ago

Tom Shewmon says:"No exceprts I've heard or read are untrue. I'm not sure what they're rebuffing-maybe Obama will try to claim he was really someone else? I'm a little bemused about this rebuffing thing."Want me to keep going? I'm less than a third of the way through all the LIES.Or do you want me talk about Corsi as a person?

Scott Drummond 6 years, 9 months ago

"Obama's story of his father's life is dense, presented in anything but a straightforward manner, often glorified or embellished so as to mask much of the harsh and, for Obama, probably painful truth." [p 37]"george w. bush's National Guard "service" and extensive cocaine use. Compare and contrast.

Flap Doodle 6 years, 9 months ago

"HONOLULU - For the last several days, Senator Barack Obama has seemed to fade from the scene while on his secluded vacation here, as his opponent, Senator John McCain, has seized nearly every opportunity to display his foreign policy credentials on the dominant issue of the week: the conflict between Russia and Georgia.Only once, at the beginning of the week, did Mr. Obama discuss the fighting in public, when he emerged from his beachfront rental home to condemn Russia's escalation, in a way that seemed timed for the evening television news. He took no questions whose answers might demonstrate command of the issue."http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/15/us/politics/15obama.html?_r=1&adxnnl=1&oref=slogin&ref=todayspaper&pagewanted=print&adxnnlx=1218898973-QJkz/xSDzj38cJTn9a7lOA

RobertMarble 6 years, 9 months ago

please allow me to address some of your inaccuracies bea:"What about the very first time you used it?".....you'll really hate this bea, but: As I've said numerous times, you zealots (whether on the left or right) are highly predictable. I knew exactly the reaction it would get from the fringe loonies, hence the reason for using it. Face it, whether you're one of the bible spouting evangelicals from the far right, or a race baiting political correctness nazi from the far left, you're basically the same at your core. Easy to pull the strings on & make dance- both puppets of your own extreme philosophies. Both overly rabid and just waiting on the edge of your seats to cast somebody in the light of whatever your particular brand of heresy / evil is on any given day. From the witch hunting puritans of old salem, or the commie hunting excesses of the mccarthy crowd, to the modern political correctness nazis of modern day- you're all the same. Just a bunch of zealots with blinders on. when you encounter someone with different views you just pull out the party line & try to make them into whatever bogeyman your people supposedly stand against, then voila- instant, pre-canned smear campaign- no mixing required! This is what your bitter partisanship has culminated in. pretty, eh?"how does that support any other point you might want to make?"...this is easy: once the zealotry is exposed, the point is made bea. The first person to cry "racism" under these circumstances immediately eliminates their own credibility. sweet!

beatrice 6 years, 9 months ago

Based on your justifications, you write things so people will react and think you are a racist. Well guess what, Mission Accomplished! Time to re-hang the banner!Yep, that sure discredited me.

jhwk2008 6 years, 9 months ago

LIE: "Obama did not dedicate Dreams from My Father to his mother, or to his father, Barack Senior, or to his Indonesian stepfather. Missing from the dedication are the grandparents who raised him in Hawaii, especially during the years his mother abandoned him to return to Indonesia to be with Lolo." [p 49]Reality: Obama DID DEDICATE HIS BOOK TO HIS FAMILYObama Wrote That He Owed "The Deepest Gratitude" And "Dedicated" His Book To "My Mother, My Grandparents, My Siblings, Stretched Across Oceans And Continents." "It is to my family, though -- my mother, my grandparents, my siblings, stretched across oceans and continents -- that I owe the deepest gratitude and to whom I dedicated this book. Without their constant love and support, without their willingness to let me sing their song and their toleration of the occasional wrong note, I could never have hoped to finish. If nothing else, I hope that the love and respect I feel for them shines through on every page." [Dreams From My Father, p xvii]

Scott Drummond 6 years, 9 months ago

"Obama will only represent people like him. America haters."Liar

Godot 6 years, 9 months ago

And, Obama will go to war without UN approval.

RobertMarble 6 years, 9 months ago

hussein himself is the racist- he's made that abundantly clear, most recently by his not so subtle dollar bill comments. I won't continue to go back & forth on this issue- your position has been resoundingly defeated during previous discussions. Tell you what, bea- I'll continue to use whatever name I choose for hussein- without asking your or the aclu's prior approval- and you can continue to piss & moan about it all you want. that seems fair.

jhwk2008 6 years, 9 months ago

LIE: "According to the blog, his religion was listed as Islam." [p 53]Reality: RELIGION OF THE FATHER WAS WHAT WAS LISTEDObama's Parents Registered Obama As A Muslim For "Convenience" Because It Was The "Common Practice:To List The Father's Faith." Obama's stepfather was nominally Muslim. 'At the public school, which welcomed pupils of various faiths, Obama's parents registered him as 'Muslim' only for convenience. The Indonesian Communist Party had just been destroyed, and atheistic Marxism outlawed. Pupils were required to state an affiliation with a major world religion. When enrolling a child, the common practice was to list the father's faith.'" [Mercury News, 2/1/2007]Obama Was Registered As The Religion Of His Stepfather. Israella Dharmawan said Obama "was registered as a Muslim because his father, Lolo Soetoro, was Muslim." [Los Angeles Times, 3/16/07]

jhwk2008 6 years, 9 months ago

Restore, I guess you didn't read the article then, did you? I''ll repaste it. "Swift Boat Veterans Anti-Kerry Ad: "He Betrayed Us" With 1971 Anti-War TestimonyGroup quotes Kerry's descriptions of atrocities by US forces. In fact, atrocities did happen."http://www.factcheck.org/swift_boat_veterans_anti-kerry_ad_he_betrayed.htmlI'll paste some passages for you. "And since Kerry testified, ample evidence of other atrocities has come to light: Son Thang: In 1998, for example, Marine Corps veteran Gary D. Solis published the book Son Thang: An American War Crime describing the court-martial of four US Marines for the apparently unprovoked killing 16 women and children on the night of February 19, 1970 in a hamlet about 20 miles south of Danang. The four Marines testified that they were under orders by their patrol leader to shoot the villagers. A young Oliver North appeared as a character witness and helped acquit the leader of all charges, but three were convicted. Tiger Force: The Toledo Blade won a Pulitzer Prize this year for a series published in October, 2003 reporting that atrocities were committed by an elite US Army "Tiger Force" unit that the Blade said killed unarmed civilians and children during a seven-month rampage in 1967. "Elderly farmers were shot as they toiled in the fields. Prisoners were tortured and executed - their ears and scalps severed for souvenirs. One soldier kicked out the teeth of executed civilians for their gold fillings," the Blade reported. "Investigators concluded that 18 soldiers committed war crimes ranging from murder and assault to dereliction of duty. But no one was charged.""Hundreds" of others: In December 2003 The New York Times quoted Nicholas Turse, a doctoral candidate at Columbia University who has been studying government archives, as saying the records are filled with accounts of atrocities similar to those described by the Toledo Blade series. "I stumbled across the incidents The Blade reported," Turse was quoted as saying. "I read through that case a year, year and a half ago, and it really didn't stand out. There was nothing that made it stand out from anything else. That's the scary thing. It was just one of hundreds.""Exact Same Stories": Keith Nolan, author of 10 published books on Vietnam, says he's heard many veterans describe atrocities just like those Kerry recounted from the Winter Soldier event. Nolan told FactCheck.org that since 1978 he's interviewed roughly 1,000 veterans in depth for his books, and spoken to thousands of others. "I have heard the exact same stories dozens if not hundreds of times over," he said. "Wars produce atrocities. Frustrating guerrilla wars produce a particularly horrific number of atrocities. That some individual soldiers and certain units responded with excessive brutality in Vietnam shouldn't really surprise anyone."

Godot 6 years, 9 months ago

I'm sorry, but what race is the race that the name "Hussein" denotes?And if Obama is so offended by the sound and sight of his given middle name, why doesn't he just change it? Surely he can hire a good lawyer to get that done.

Godot 6 years, 9 months ago

Obama thinks if you make $150K or less, you are middle class, or maybe even poor.If you make more than $250K, you are doing well.

Godot 6 years, 9 months ago

McCain is answering far more questions than Obama did; seems explaining where one stands on the issues when one knows where one stands on the issues does not require as much time as attempting to put oneself on all sides of the issue, as Obama did - not to mention the "uh-uh,,,,,lemmme say,, uuuhhhh,.....he--hhee--ehhhehhheerre,, - here, and, now., , but, but, but lemme say this......"Obama was definitely at a disadvantage not knowing what McCain would say. He lost his "copy " and his "cheat." Obama is definitely not smarter than a McCain.

beatrice 6 years, 9 months ago

The same tired lies, the same tired insults and responses of indignation that read like, "Me thinks thou doth protest too much."Some people would prefer to stand on the side of clear and obvious lies than try to move the country forward with truth. That is truly sad. And why are people talking about Kerry? Did Paris Hilton pick him as her running mate? Obama for President.

jhwk2008 6 years, 9 months ago

LIE: Zulfan "Adi said neighborhood Muslims worshipped in a nearby house. When the muezzin sounded the call to prayer, Adi remembered seeing Lolo and Barry walk together to the makeshift mosque." [p 56]Reality: Adi "WAS NOT CERTAIN" WHEN PRESSED ABOUT HIS RECOLLECTIONSFormer Classmate Who Said Obama Attended Services With Lolo Soetoro "Told The Tribune He Was Not Certain About That When Pressed About His Recollections." The Chicago Tribune reported, "Zulfan Adi, a former neighborhood playmate of Obama's who has been cited in news reports as saying Obama regularly attended Friday prayers with Soetoro, told the Tribune he was not certain about that when pressed about his recollections. He only knew Obama for a few months, during 1970, when his family moved to the neighborhood." [Chicago Tribune, 3/25/07]

Scott Drummond 6 years, 9 months ago

Snap:Obama also did not engae in several telephone calls per day with the Georgian leader, did not send his own personal representatives to the area, did not issue policy statements that contradicted official US policy, did not imply at any speech that he was currently President of the US. In short he behaved as a candidate, after previously being chastised for acting too presumptuous. McCain on the other hand clearly meddled in US policy and spent the entire week attempting to use the situation to maximum political advantage. This is the man, recall, who accused Obama of putting a campaign ahead of US interests. Apparently he does not see the hypocrisy of his actions this week meddling with the Georgian leader with his belligerent policy statements that were not in sync with the White House & President bush.

ASBESTOS 6 years, 9 months ago

"You do that to yourself, Tom. Corsi is just here to give you your ignorant talking points (and take your money.)"What are the talking points from Mr. Corsi's book, if you would please enlighten us bozo.(My bet is that you did not read the book, and theat you have no idea of the context other than what Captiam Teleprompter's handlers tell you, or MediaMatters, or MoveOn, or DailyKos.You have no opinion except what the radical left gives you.My bet is that most of ytou whose panties are in a bunch have not read anything in the book except excerpts from the dailykos, Moveon, ad nauseaum.

dandelion 6 years, 9 months ago

Andrew,Ok, so Corsi has been exposed as a liar, but some of you morons still continue to believe him no matter what the evidence is? Why should anyone believe anything the guy said. What is wrong with you?

jhwk2008 6 years, 9 months ago

LIE: "Obama always acknowledged his stepfather was Muslim, though he did his best to downplay Islam as an important force in his stepfather's life." [p 58]Reality: Lolo WAS A NOMINAL MUSLIMLolo Soetoro Was A "Nominal Muslim" Who Enjoyed Bacon. "The grandparents who helped raise Mr. Obama were nonpracticing Baptists and Methodists. His mother was an anthropologist who collected religious texts the way others picked up tribal masks, teaching her children the inspirational power of the common narratives and heroes. His mother's tutelage took place mostly in Indonesia, in the household of Mr. Obama's stepfather, Lolo Soetoro, a nominal Muslim who hung prayer beads over his bed but enjoyed bacon, which Islam forbids." [New York Times, 4/3/07]Obama: Lolo Soetoro "Followed A Brand Of Islam That Could Make Room For The Remnants" Of Other Faiths. Obama wrote, "Like many Indonesians, Lolo followed a brand of Islam that could make room for the remnants of more ancient animist and Hindu faiths." [Dreams, p. 37]

jhwk2008 6 years, 9 months ago

LIE: "But the key role Frank Marshall Davis plays in the autobiography is not to provide Obama with words from his poems as a voice for Obama's black rage. Instead Davis is the mentor Obama seeks for wisdom and advice, for instance when he has a crisis with his grandmother that was so traumatic Obama still mentions it today." [p 87]Reality: Obama MEMOIR CHARACTERIZED Frank Davis Marshall AS A FIGUREFROM HIS YOUTH WHO "FELL SHORT" AND WHOSE VIEW OF RACE WAS"INCURABLE"Obama Wrote Of Frank As Someone Who "Fell Short" Of The "Lofty Standards" Of "Martin And Malcolm, Dubois And Mandela." "Yes, I'd seen weakness in other men-Gramps and his disappointments, Lolo and his compromise. But these men had become object lessons for me, men I might love but never emulate, white men and brown men whose fates didn't speak to my own. It was into my father's image, the black man, son of Africa, that I'd packed all the attributes I sought in myself, the attributes of Martin and Malcolm, DuBois and Mandela. And if later I saw that the black men I knew- Frank or Ray or Will or Rafiq- fell short of such lofty standards; if I had learned to respect these men for the struggles they went through, recognizing them as my own-my father's voice had nevertheless remained untainted, inspiring, rebuking, granting or withholding approval. You do not work hard enough, Barry. You must help in your people's struggle. Wake up, black man!" [Dreams From My Father, Pg. 96]

jhwk2008 6 years, 9 months ago

LIE: "As a vice president, Madelyn Dunham would have earned enough to be well off, even if not rich." [p 71]Reality: Dunhams LIVED MODESTLYObama's Grandparents Rented A Two Bedroom Apartment In Honolulu. The Chicago Tribune reported, "At age 11, Obama was sent to Hawaii to live with his grandparents. They lived in a modest two-bedroom Honolulu apartment in order to save money for Obama's tuition to attend the Punahou Academy, an elite private school." [Chicago Tribune, 10/22/2004]

jhwk2008 6 years, 9 months ago

LIE: "Still, Obama has yet to answer questions whether he ever dealt drugs, or if he stopped using marijuana and cocaine completely in college, or where his drug usage extended into his law school days or beyond. Did Obama ever use drugs in his days as a community organizer in Chicago, or when he was a state senator from Illinois? How about in the US Senate?" [p 77]Reality: Obama HAS MADE CLEAR REPEATEDLY THAT HE STOPPED USINGMARIJUANA IN COLLEGE, WHICH PEERS HAVE AFFIRMEDObama Said He Inhaled Pot, But Said He Hadn't Done "Anything" Since He Was 20. "When I was in high school, I tried pot," said Obama. "And I won't say that I didn't inhale. I did inhale." He said some of the behavior extended to college. "By the time I was 20, I don't think I indulged again," he said. The graduate of Harvard Law School also admits there was a time "I drank six-packs of beer in a single night." Any other illegal drugs? "I haven't done anything since I was 20 years old," he said. "That'll suffice." [State Journal-Register (Springfield, IL), 11/9/03]Scott: In New York, Obama "Stopped Getting High." Janny Scott wrote in the New York Times, "Senator Obama, an Illinois Democrat now seeking the presidency, suggests in his book that his years in New York were a pivotal period: He ran three miles a day, buckled down to work and "stopped getting high," which he says he had started doing in high school." [New York Times, 10/30/07]Obama's Roommate In New York Said He Refused Offers Of Drugs. The AP reported, "While Obama has acknowledged using marijuana and cocaine during high school in Hawaii, he writes in the memoir that he stopped using soon after his arrival in New York. His roommate had no such scruples. But Siddiqi says that during their time together here, Obama always refused his offers of drugs." [AP, 5/15/08]Smith: "I Invested A Fair Amount Of Time In An Obama-In-New York Piece:The Conclusion May Be That Obama's New York Life Was Much Less Interesting That A Few Lines In His Book Suggest." Ben Smith wrote, "I invested a fair amount of time in an Obama-in-New-York piece earlier this year, and eventually gave up and wrote a short blog item. (I didn't think "Impressive, charismatic pol was once impressive, charismatic young man" made much of a story.) I think the conclusion may be that Obama's New York life was much less interesting than a few lines in his book suggest." [Politico, 11/6/07]

1029 6 years, 9 months ago

By the way, look at that AP photo of Obama looking like a communist with his black shirt and black hat. He's got his hat slung low like some punk kid! He does not look like presidential material at all, just some normal guy you'd see on the street! Say No to Socialism! McCain's the Man!

staff04 6 years, 9 months ago

RR, you're right. People source their own work all the time. And then they get an F, or the social equivalent thereof when asking people to take them seriously.Kinda like you aren't taken seriously when you cite your own work/websites, right?

Godot 6 years, 9 months ago

"Will one of you right wing kooks cite one reason Obama is not qualified, or even desirable, for President that is based on a fact, an action he has taken or a policy position he currently advocates."There you go again, parsing words. See, no one can cite anything that Obama "currently advocates," because he changes his "advocacy" several times a day. His "advocacy" depends on his audience, or whether or not he has been made aware that his "advocacy" is sheer idiocy.

jhwk2008 6 years, 9 months ago

Corsi IS A 9/11 TRUTH BELIEVER-THAT AIRPLANES WERE NOT TRULY TO BLAME FORDESTRUCTION OF World Trade TowersCorsi is a 9/11 Truther. In a radio interview, Corsi said, "I'm gonna come out with a story, I think is gonna be earth-shaking, and that is from Steven Jones, the physicist from BYU who's been dismissed. Well, he's now gotten samples of the World Trade Center dust, and he's demonstrated the dust has formed these spheres, these iron spheres, that can only be formed under extremely high temperatures. And I know enough about the science to know he's right. The fire, from jet fuel, does not burn hot enough to produce the physical evidence that he's produced. so when you've got science that the hypothesis doesn't explain--evidence--then the hypothesis doesn't stand anymore. It just means the government's explanation of the jet fuel fire is not a sufficient explanation to explain the evidence of these spheres--these microcopic spheres--that Steven Jones has proved existed within the WTC dust...In attacking these things, first scientifically...for me, what tips the scales is when you've got science that the conventional hypothesis doesn't explain." [Alex Jones show, 1/29/08]

ASBESTOS 6 years, 9 months ago

"Do all you nutjobs out there really stand by the lies in this book?"Dandelion have you read the book?

Scott Drummond 6 years, 9 months ago

Asbestos:That doesn't qualify, as far as I am concerned. First, your account is so full of clearly made up embellishments it is laughable. Second, as I've stated several times on this forum, it is entirely reasonable for a politician's statements to evolve and change as the facts on the ground evolve. This is not useful example of him changing his position without a valid justiifcation. Further, you cite McCain's behavior, but many correctly assign blame to Mccain for interfering in US policy. Critics have included former members of the Reagan administration. Try again.

RobertMarble 6 years, 9 months ago

hi beo...I was wondering how soon a fringe lib would play the race card; looks like you win with 36 minutes. Now try to support you comment- how do you spin this as racism? I gotta hear this...I'll give you a tip though- simply mentioning "minority" doesn't qualify...

RobertMarble 6 years, 9 months ago

my goal was to get the less emotionally stable of the far left to demonstrate their bigotry; it worked quite well. And while you may have not made that allegation on this post, you have ranted about the exact same thing previously. For someone who displays such self righteous indignation on cue at the barest hint of racially motivated slight, you sure make light of people casually making the accusation. Amazing, isn't it?

jhwk2008 6 years, 9 months ago

Corsi on Catholics and the PopeCORSI: Maybe while he's there he can tell the UN what he's going to do about the sexual crimes committed by "priests" in his "Church" during his tenure. Or, maybe that's the connection -- boy buggering in both Islam and Catholicism is okay with the Pope as long as it isn't reported by the liberal press. (03/03/2003)CORSI: So this is what the last days of the Catholic Church are going to look like. Buggering boys undermines the moral base and the laywers rip the gold off the Vatican altars. We may get one more Pope, when this senile one dies, but that's probably about it. (12/16/2002)

Godot 6 years, 9 months ago

If Obama intends to meet every criticism or question of his positions and policies with agressive personal attacks on his critics, he will need a cabinet level post to handle it. Call it the Secretary and Enforcer of the Truth. It will have to be a huge department, with legions of truth sergeants, policing the media and the net to ensure that no negative statements about Obama go unanswered. Perhaps the "truth sergents" can be recent college grads whose student loans will be forgiven for their courageous civilian service to their country. JWHK2008 might be on the short list for that post.

tangential_reasoners_anonymous 6 years, 9 months ago

RestoreReason: "beobachter... the name of an official Nazi Party organ...."Hmm... had no idea.I'm going with Joy Division.

Godot 6 years, 9 months ago

I haven't even read the book. And I am not defending it. I am simply employing saracasm, satire, truth and humor to get under your skin. Looks like it is working.By the way, have you read the book? Or are you depending on the Obama propaganda machine to do your reading for you and to provide you with your talking points?

dandelion 6 years, 9 months ago

Asbestos,Ok, so you don't mind discussing why you don't agree with Obama, which is a whole lot better than Coris' lies about what Obama did or did not say. But why can't you Obama haters condemn the jerk publishing lies?

Godot 6 years, 9 months ago

How do you like the fact that Obama supports a performanced based pay scale for teachers?

ASBESTOS 6 years, 9 months ago

"Obama thinks if you make $150K or less, you are middle class, or maybe even poor. If you make more than $250K, you are doing well.""Obama will go to war without UN approval.""Obama believes that marriage is between a man and a woman."ALL of these statments were made on tonights CCN forum.Captian Teleprompter has a lot of explaining to do to his base.

Scott Drummond 6 years, 9 months ago

"There you go again, parsing words. See, no one can cite anything that Obama "currently advocates," because he changes his "advocacy" several times a day. His "advocacy" depends on his audience, or whether or not he has been made aware that his "advocacy" is sheer idiocy."So it will be easy for you to provide examples. Please proceed. Also, I note that you spend all your effort complaining about the word "advocacy." Are we to conclude that you have no fact or no action taken by Obama that disqualifies him? If you do, please identify your them.

jhwk2008 6 years, 9 months ago

Restore, I guess your motto is: "You keep your facts, I'm going with the truth.""Swift Boat Veterans Anti-Kerry Ad: "He Betrayed Us" With 1971 Anti-War TestimonyGroup quotes Kerry's descriptions of atrocities by US forces. In fact, atrocities did happen."http://www.factcheck.org/swift_boat_veterans_anti-kerry_ad_he_betrayed.htmlBut you won't bother reading the story will you?

Scott Drummond 6 years, 9 months ago

Will one of you right wing kooks cite one reason Obama is not qualified, or even desirable, for President that is based on a fact, an action he has taken or a policy position he currently advocates. All the rest of this blather is nonsense.For example, I am voting against McCain because he has promised to to nominate Supreme Court Justices that are similar to Alito and Scalia. I disagree with their judicial philosophy, therefore I do not want more members on the Court of the same type. It really is a simple task. Can one of you comply?

dandelion 6 years, 9 months ago

Godot (Anonymous) says:Corsi describes Obama as a radical and Obama responds by calling Corsi a liar.That's a pretty radical tactic, if you ask me.dandelions saysDoes jhk2008 need to repost his/her posts again. Corsi is a proven liar. RRLies are not opinions. Saying things that are not true is lying. An opinion is "I don't like Obama because I think invading Iraq was a good idea." Lying is "Obama is a muslim".jhk2008 and others,Don't fall into RR's trap of changing the subject about Corsi's lies about Obama by discussing Kerry. It's his same old habit of changing the subject when he knows he hasn't got a leg to stand on, and his heros are exposed as being low life liars. Try and defend your boyfriend, RR.

dandelion 6 years, 9 months ago

Do all you nutjobs out there really stand by the lies in this book?

beatrice 6 years, 9 months ago

McCain "bashers" who play off of the "Mc" portion of his name clearly are doing so in a manner that stems from the McDonalds franchise and the frequent use in American culture of "Mc" before a word as a description of the ordinary, the similar, the redundant, hence the use of "McSame" or "McBush" being used to suggest a repetition of Bush's policies. It is a play on the name to highlight the ties McCain has to the policies of the current administration. What, exactly, is the point of repeating Hussein? It is correct that it is his name, just as Sidney is McCain's middle name, yet McCain's middle name gets no play at all. I wonder why?Is it just because of Saddam Hussein and that Obama's middle name happens to be that of a known dictator and enemy of America, or is it to further point out the fact that he isn't the White candidate, that he has a "funny" name and that White America should fear the "other," the non-traditional, the non-White guy? Is it really a tantrum to call people on their questionable posts, Robert, or do you just think that since it is routinely directed at your questionable posts?

beatrice 6 years, 9 months ago

Well, I can show you evidence that you certainly don't support one of the candidates. However, you are the one who wrote that you make comments just to get a response. I'm not the one who called you a racist here on this story. That was someone else. All I'm saying is that if that is your goal to have people call you a racist, as you claim it to be, then it is working. Write racially insensitive things, people wil call you on it. Amazing, isn't it?

RobertMarble 6 years, 9 months ago

jhw utters: "Robert, you are a racist. You are a racist every time you say Hussein Obama. What other reason do you have for saying that?"....jhw, you're not only incorrect- you've made yourself to be a complete idiot. His name is hussein obama. Saying it may upset your delicate feminine sensibilities, but it does not make me a racist. I defy you to locate a dictionary & read the definition. Once you've educated yourself, I challenge you to apply it to my statement & see how far off your remarks are. Once again I ask, what's wrong with you fringe loonies- do you get some perverse pleasure from accusing people of racism? geez.....

1029 6 years, 9 months ago

"Obama will only represent people like him. America haters."Um, actually as an America-hater, I always vote for Republican. After all, isn't that all us simple America-haters can really do to define ourselves? I'm voting for Jenkins. I'm voting for Roberts. I'm voting for John "The Man" McCain. I want government to stay away from my money and I want to see all those lazy suckers out in the rest of society suffer.

Godot 6 years, 9 months ago

I wonder how the atheists, secularists and agnostics who support Obama feel about Obama professing in public his belief in Jesus, his statement that he must let God prevail over himself if he is to make good decisions..........

beatrice 6 years, 9 months ago

Tom, I understand why Kerry is being discussed (being Hilton's running mate and all) but it seems a bit much to rehash whether or not lies were or were not made about him. They were, but I am still not convinced that that is why he lost. Even if you liked what he had to say and you liked his policies, his being about as exciting as Herman Munster on a qualude probably was the biggest factor for why he lost. The effective use of the childish "flip-flop" chant didn't help him much either. I believe he got "Swift Boated," but I don't think that is why he lost. On this book, I don't think the lies about Obama will stick. Of course there are plenty of Bush bashing books, some better than others, no doubt. It would happen to him just for being a sitting president, even if he wasn't so wildly unpopular now. Unfortunately for the right, as I see it, is that they spent so much time bashing HIllary Clinton over the last few years, missing the opportunity to focus more on Obama. It is like doctors preparing a flu shot for a bug they believe is coming, but then another flu bug develops and the docs aren't prepared. The Republicans spent too much time and energy on the wrong flu bug. Now, they have to face the fact that an actual liberal may very well be the next President. This book, coming out now after all the "he is a Muslim" stuff has already been thrown at the fan and didn't stick just seems like more of the same, especially since it repeats this silly accusation. Since it is the same author as the Kerry book, it is clear that his motivation is political, not in seeking the truth. He has no credibility. If the Rev. Wright thing isn't enough to take him down, this certainly won't. What bugs me about the publishing industry is that a book like this that nobody has read will make it to the top of the New York Times best sellers' list based on the number of books shipped, not based on books sold. It doesn't matter if a single book is actually sold to a customer who might read it, the shipping is the only thing that counts. The stores have deals with the publishers to accept the shipments, and then will return what isn't sold at no cost to the store, while more of the same title are being shipped in again! A truck will drop off a pallet of a book, and pick up another pallet of the same title. I'm not kidding. It is the publishers' way of manipulating the imagined popularity of a given title, be it a work of non-fiction, or a book like this. What is up with that? But I have to ask, Tom, did you see the YouTube Kansas Debate story? Now that was crazy! It deserved more play. Find it if you haven't seen it.

Godot 6 years, 9 months ago

Regarding religious persecution, Obama says we must bear witness, and point out the absence of religious freedom. He wants to forge alliances with other countries to share intelligence to combat human trafficking, including in the sex trade.Gosh, he sounds like Bush!!

beatrice 6 years, 9 months ago

Robert, give me "facts" contrary to what I have stated, and I will gladly change my mind. I've not read any. As I wrote, I think that your "reasoning" for why you do what you do makes no sense, at least not in the long run. But, if you somehow think equating McCain with Bush by using "McBush" is the same thing as trying to get a rise out of the left by using "Hussein," then by all means, keep using it. I've told you what I think of it, and my opinion has not been changed by your excuses. By the way, I've been called ageist for mentioning John McCain's age. I don't do this simply to get a rise out of the right. I do so because the fact that he is about to turn 72 is a concern due to the stress and the demands of the position. This concern might be ageist, but then, our military must be ageist for having mandatory retirement age that effects those even younger than 72. If it also gets a rise, however, that is just a bonus. In case you were curious, I'm not bothered by his middle name. Will you still need me / Will you still feed meWhen I'm 64 - plus 8

RobertMarble 6 years, 9 months ago

..looks like the dems aren't exactly putting their best foot forward with ol' hussein osama. It would have been smarter of them to stick with billary. Or if they're dead set on an ethnic minority for candidacy they could always go for ray nagin, al sharpton, or marion barry. All three of them share hussein's ethics.

ASBESTOS 6 years, 9 months ago

"So it will be easy for you to provide examples. Please proceed."How about his pathetic and ignorant take on the Georgia/Russia crisis. He first stated we needed to go to the U. N. and have the "world body" address it with "sanctions". He also stated that U. N. Peacekeepers were the answer. Well ?peacekeepers" do not stop tanks or an all out offensive.Additionally, NOW Obama (Captian Teleprompter) wants the U. S. to "conedem the action" which Pres. Bush already has done. Obama (or the puppet masters with their hands up Obama's rear end) now agree with the McCain response to Russian Agression."Obama Flip Flops on Russia v. Georgia - Now Agrees With McCainThe Patriot Room ^ | August 10, 2008 | Bill Dupray Posted on Sunday, August 10, 2008 3:57:04 PM by Bill DuprayWhen Russia attacked Georgia, McCain blasted the bad guys telling Russia to basically get the hell out. Obama put down the Strawberry Daiquiri (freshly made at the beach bar in Maui) and gave his best Rodney King, telling everyone to settle down and work it out through the U.N. Nothing about Russia getting out of another sovereign country. Nothing about who is wrong and who is right. Just a small shriek at the sight of blood and whining to stop the fighting. Overnight somebody must have told Obama that Georgia is an American ally and McCain (surprise) had the more appropriate response. So Barry puffed up and came out with his amended, revised, and updated response. "I condemn Russia's aggressive actions and reiterate my call for an immediate ceasefire: Russia must stop its bombing campaign, cease flights of Russian aircraft in Georgian airspace, and withdraw its ground forces from Georgia." A suggestion for the next McCain ad: "I don't need to Google Georgia to know which side we're on.""One of many. This guy is a disaster worse than George W. Bush ever will be. Pot calling kettle, oops!

Godot 6 years, 9 months ago

Now, this is an example of the high-minded policy discussions the Obama supporters expect everyone to emulate:"Mitt Romney's chances of becoming John McCain's vice presidential running mate are strong enough that the Democratic National Committee launched a full-scale attack on him Thursday.It introduced a Web site section to knock him and sponsored a nationwide conference call for reporters to listen as Romney was verbally flogged by politicians from Massachusetts and Michigan - two of the three states that Romney has called home. The other state, of course, is Utah, but no politicians from it joined the attack initially but did later in the day."He is the most intellectually inconsistent politician in the history of politics," Rep. Barney Frank, D-Mass., said of former Massachusetts Gov. Romney. "I have never seen anyone so completely without any commitment to any particular principle and so willing to say whatever he thinks will help him win the next election."Frank said Romney positioned himself even to the left of Sen. Ted Kennedy, D-Mass., on such things as gay rights when they ran against each other in 1994, but then Romney switched positions."He went back to Utah with the Olympics and apparently flirted with possibly doing something politically there, so he moved to the right," he said. Frank said Romney moved to the left again when he ran successfully for governor. And then he moved to the right again when he ran for president.Story continues below "He's not a flip-flopper on abortion. He's a flip-flop-flip-flop. As a matter of fact, his gyrations on abortion really are of Olympic status," said Massachusetts Democratic Party Chairman John E. Walsh.He added, "I don't think it's possible for anyone, whatever your position on the right to life or the right to choose, to be comfortable with Mitt Romney's positions."Dave Woodward, a commissioner in Oakland County, Mich., Romney's home county, said Romney made a fortune by "actually helping accelerate the outsourcing of good-paying jobs" abroad. "It scares me to death to think of the type of leadership we're going to have in Washington if this is the option out there."A few hours after the initial conference call, Utah Democratic Party Chairman Wayne Holland also criticized Romney.He said in a press release, "Democrats in Michigan and Massachusetts offered perspective on Mitt Romney that is rarely published in Utah. Based on his well-documented policy shifts, failure as a presidential candidate, business track record and brief public service that produced a trail of unemployed workers, it's clear there is another story of Romney." from the Deseret Newshttp://www.deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,700250869,00.html

bondmen 6 years, 9 months ago

jhwk08 took the bait and ran it into a multitudinous flurry of cut and pastes right from Obama handlers talking points. Been kind of difficult getting a word in edge wise! Good boy jhwk08 - this may develop for you into a good paying campaign job.Corsi's response, assuming the Obamamaniacs don't burn his house down first, will no doubt set them frantically looking for their Prozac and Tums and will reveal once again their indiscretions and obfuscations of the facts.

staff04 6 years, 9 months ago

In Corsi's works cited/bibliography section, 9 of his first 11 references are to his own works. For someone who is a PhD, this is incredibly suspect.Published or not, there isn't an academic professor in the country who would find self-sourcing acceptable.I don't either.

Godot 6 years, 9 months ago

OMG, watching Obama stumble, mumble and dissemble through the Rick Warren interview.

Godot 6 years, 9 months ago

And Obama believes that marriage is between a man and a woman.Oh,My!

jhwk2008 6 years, 9 months ago

And now I will cite the past post similarly to Corsi as in Obama Nation.Did you hear that RestoreReason is a bigot? He'll probably never stop being a bigot. http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2008/aug/16/obama_rebuffs_authors_attack/#comments

beatrice 6 years, 9 months ago

So Robert, you are saying all name-calling is the same thing, right? If one person calls someone a "jerk," that person is justified to respond with "n...."? Is that what you are saying? I didn't think so. We all know that there are different levels of "name calling," and that is the point I was making. I explained to you the reason behind the use of "McSame" and "McBush," but can you do the same regarding the far-rights repeated use of "Hussein"? You say it is politics, but what political point are you trying to make? Until I read a valid reason, it sure appears to be nothing other than to point out that he doesn't have a good, White-sounding, "American" name. Is that the political point, that Republicans don't like people who don't have "American" sounding names? If that isn't the point, you have some explaining to do. McCain chastises those who use Obama's middle name in a derogatory fashion, thus somebody should explain its use to your candidate, because he apparently is offended by your type of action.

ASBESTOS 6 years, 9 months ago

"asbestos, simple fact, no one could ever approach being the disaster Bush is."Not a fact, but merely your opinion. With what Barak is proposing, we will be taxed out of existence, and there will be a huge increase in the entitlement society.Scott the clueless posted:"That doesn't qualify, as far as I am concerned."Well as far as I am concerned, Barak is an idiot as well, but a pandering one. That is my opinion, and your opinion does not qualify with me and about 50% of the United states.

RobertMarble 6 years, 9 months ago

bea, you've already been de-bunked on at least 2 other stories regarding this issue. using the name hussein does not constitute racism in any way other than in your mind. using every utterance of hussein's name is more likely a sign of you libs exploiting an opportunity to propagate racial negativity. your shrill cries of "racist" ring more hollow with every passing hour you coninue to utter them.

dirkleisure 6 years, 9 months ago

RestoreReason (Anonymous) says:jhwk2008:It appears to me that most of what you have labelled "lies" are merely differences of opinion or nitpicking.--------------------Oh, that's rich. So you're saying, "Yeah, he's lying. So what? Doesn't mean it isn't true!"

RobertMarble 6 years, 9 months ago

it's hilariously predictable how the libs pull out the accusation of "racist" like an old west cowboy drawing a six-gun. The programming must be deeply embedded with them. Of the two groups constantly locked in this partisan bickering, the libs are certainly proving to be the most entertaining. Too bad the crowd on the right doesn't dumb their act down some more, then this whole thing would be even more of a laugh fest.

RobertMarble 6 years, 9 months ago

jhw....is hussein's name itself is racist, shouldn't be the one you hurl your weak insults at? Or maybe at his parents for giving him that name? You must suffer from a severe mental deficiency- only a brain damaged imbecile would say using someone's legal name implies racism...get a grip kiddo...

RobertMarble 6 years, 9 months ago

whatever you say, bea......as I am not a racist, no matter how many times you try to hang the term on me.

jhwk2008 6 years, 9 months ago

RestoreReason says: "I, too, refer to the Messiah as Barack Hussein Obama. Please explain to us how that is racist.I'm sorry, you are a BIGOT, not a racist. Does that make you feel better?

RobertMarble 6 years, 9 months ago

one very interesting thing I see happening is that the mccain bashers have no issue with using insulting variants of his name, but the same people have an emotional meltdown when the same tactic is directed towards their candidate- even worse, they have a tantrum when his actual given name is used....pure hypocrisy

RobertMarble 6 years, 9 months ago

the point? it's politics bea, plain and simple. so for the ultra libtards to seize upon simply for the opportunity to play the race card is a bit ridiculous & highly hypocritical.....basically, don't cry about name calling if you're doing the same thing yourself. It's that simple.

beatrice 6 years, 9 months ago

You keep saying that I have been "debunked" or proven incorrect, but that has never been the case no matter how many times you repeat it.However, I have not used the term "racist" on this thread, for a specific reason. I am simply asking you to explain what is the political point of using Hussein in the manner you do. Either you can do that, or you cannot.

RobertMarble 6 years, 9 months ago

..and once again a call for evidence in support of a statement is unheeded...

dirkleisure 6 years, 9 months ago

I'm pretty sure nobody commented about using BarackHussein Obama.The poster in question used, rather, Hussein Obama.That doesn't even reference a real person, unless the poster in question is also going to start utilizing Earl, Wilson, Herbert, or Jefferson. One has reason to question, then, the motives of referencing an individual by a middle name.Maybe there's some confusion due to the current occupant's obsession with his middle initial.

dirkleisure 6 years, 9 months ago

Tell us, Robert, who is your favorite President in the past 30 years?

RobertMarble 6 years, 9 months ago

in other words "don't dish it out if you can't take it"....

beatrice 6 years, 9 months ago

the wheel keeps spinning around and around and around...

RobertMarble 6 years, 9 months ago

To answer your question bea: currently the primary reason I use hussein is exactly what you see here. It's usage gets the fringe loonies so spun-up that they quickly expose the flaws of their logic and the inconsistencies of their positions. It causes such a comical explosion of mock outrage from the far left; it certainly performs well for such an otherwise innocous tactic.It's entertaining to see that element try cloaking their anger under the guise of self righteous indignation...the sanctimonious "thought police" game of hurling the racism charge at every opportunity merely erodes your own position. It exposes not only the zeolotry of hussein's followers but the hyocrisy as well, since the followers do the same exact thing to the other side....most folks would hardly bother with it if it didn't get such a knee jerk reaction from them.

RobertMarble 6 years, 9 months ago

no bea...YOU are the one making the racist allegations. Your basis for doing so has been thoroughly discredited now. Yet you persist....by doing so you've done more damage to your position than anyone else could have. It's a beautiful thing watching the zeaolots self-implode. and attacking mccain's age? don't you libs have some anti-ageism programming in addition to the standard race baiting stuff? ah well, I guess it's tough to keep all the dogma straight in a convoluted world you types favor. I'm just noting the hypocrisy, not being supportive of mccain, so no need to bring out the big guns & call me a racist again :)....where'd you get that idea anyway bea? once again I must chastise you for operating on emotion & assumtion; I challenge you to show any comment I've made indicating i support either candidate of the 2 bickering parties. Please bea, just this once- try to cite a factual example to support your statements. It sure must be easy for you living in such a black & white world.....

beatrice 6 years, 9 months ago

Don't look for it. Here is the debate story. Not sure why I like it so much, except everyone is nuts on the video. http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2008/aug...

beatrice 6 years, 9 months ago

You use it for entertainment value, because of the reactions you receive. I see. What about the very first time you used it? What about when you use it when lefties aren't around or responding? Yes, name-calling on both sides is childish and silly. It should be avoided, although most of us can get caught up in the moment, especially on these blogs. However, I'm thinking your argument that it is used to simply get a rise out of others rings hollow. It is used too frequently for that. And if it does give rise to charges of racism, as you recognize, how does that support any other point you might want to make? You actually want people to react by calling you racist? You want people to believe that racists support John McCain?That simply doesn't make any logical sense. But please do keep it up. It gets your message across loud and clear, including to many who don't respond. For any who are on the fence, I'm sure you are helping them make up their mind. I can only say, Thanks.

RobertMarble 6 years, 9 months ago

hahahaha....you just can't allow your mind to be changed regardless of the facts bea. that's ok, we wouldn't have you any other way, Your party mascot is indeed appropriate.

Linda Endicott 6 years, 9 months ago

It just amazes me how unreasonable people can be...Corsi can say whatever he wants about Obama in this book, and it's okay...but if Obama responds to his comments he's "protesting too much", or if he says that Corsi is a liar and that what he's written are lies, then he's flinging "personal attacks"??Exactly what is the entirety of Corsi's book , if not personal attacks against Obama?And I have seen the author on more than one news source, including both CNN and Fox, defending his book...is he not protesting too much?