Archive for Sunday, April 13, 2008

Obama’s ‘bitter voter’ remarks give rival Clinton an opening

April 13, 2008

— A political tempest over Barack Obama's comments about bitter voters in small towns has given rival Hillary Rodham Clinton a new opening to court working class Democrats 10 days before Pennsylvanians hold a primary that she must win to keep her presidential campaign alive.

Obama tried to quell the furor Saturday, explaining his remarks while also conceding he had chosen his words poorly.

But the Clinton campaign fueled the controversy in every place and every way it could, hoping charges that Obama is elitist and arrogant will resonate with the swing voters the candidates are vying for not only in Pennsylvania, but in upcoming primaries in Indiana and North Carolina as well.

Political insiders differed on whether Obama's comments, which came to light Friday, would become a full-blown political disaster that could prompt party leaders to try to steer the nomination to Clinton even though Obama has more pledged delegates. Clinton supporters were eagerly hoping so.

They handed out "I'm not bitter" stickers in North Carolina, and held a conference call of Pennsylvania mayors to denounce the Illinois senator. In Indiana, Clinton did the work herself, telling plant workers in Indianapolis that Obama's comments were "elitist and out of touch."

At issue are comments he made privately at a fundraiser in San Francisco last Sunday. He was trying to explain his troubles winning over some working-class voters, saying they have become frustrated with economic conditions:

"It's not surprising, then, they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations."

The comments, posted Friday on The Huffington Post Web site, set off a blast of criticism from Clinton, Republican nominee-in-waiting John McCain and other GOP officials, and drew attention to a potential Obama weakness - the image some have that the Harvard-trained lawyer is arrogant and aloof.

His campaign scrambled to defuse possible damage.

There has been a small "political flare-up because I said something that everybody knows is true, which is that there are a whole bunch of folks in small towns in Pennsylvania, in towns right here in Indiana, in my hometown in Illinois, who are bitter," Obama said Saturday morning at a town hall-style meeting at Ball State University in Muncie, Ind. "They are angry. They feel like they have been left behind. They feel like nobody is paying attention to what they're going through.

"So I said, well you know, when you're bitter you turn to what you can count on. So people, they vote about guns, or they take comfort from their faith and their family and their community. And they get mad about illegal immigrants who are coming over to this country."

Comments

Flap Doodle 6 years ago

snap writes:I'mjustabittertypicalWhiteperson.

Marion Lynn 6 years ago

Naw, snap, the "ape thing" is like a shoe; a shoe which fits you quite well!

Flap Doodle 6 years ago

snap writesstillhavingawonderfulun-outedinternetlife.BTW, isn't it time you got a new catch-phrase? You're wearing the ape bit pretty thin.

Marion Lynn 6 years ago

Anyone who does business on the net needs a hundred addresses, snap and ya know why?Because of people (And I use the term loosely!) like you, who make it their full time job to do nothing but go around trying to screw up other people's lives. It makes no difference how legal abusiness person is, as soon as one of you interent spoilers latches on, it is a whole lot better to be safe than sorry.Snap, you hate; hou simply hate, unreasoningly, insanely and perhaps even dangerously.In the realy world, were you to act as you do on this forum, say in a bar, you would be shown the door and quckly, at that.YOU hide behind your anonymity because if you didn't no one would have anything to do with you!You are a member of the peculiar new species fostered by the internet which species does nothing but hate and spoil.You are not even a scavenger; you are more like a tapeworm or an intenstinal bot.You remind me of 17 hear-old kiddie coder.Just enough knowedge to run a box but knowing nothing of the real world................actually, snap, I think that you are more like a member of the old Ku Klux Klan, hiding behind his sheets and hood, burning crosses wherever he can, expressing his hate.Your hood, however, is your internet anonymity and your burning crosses, your hate and ignorance-filled posts.You do it on other forums as well.Take your petty little hood and your pathetic crosses elsewhere, you d*amned dirty little ape!

Flap Doodle 6 years ago

Toslightlyalteraquotation,"nohonestmanneedsmorethan10mailingaddresses."

Marion Lynn 6 years ago

Yeah, that's what I been sayin'!Vote Nader!

Agnostick 6 years ago

Bigger dummies will vote for Nader.The hypocrites will campaign for Nader, out of spite.Spite, after all--spite for your fellow citizens--is the true measure of patriotism.

Marion Lynn 6 years ago

And dummies will vote for Obama.

Godot 6 years ago

Raw emotion, as opposed to stark intellect, will be the deciding factor if, and when, Obama is elected president.

World_Vision 6 years ago

My goodness! Don't we all sound so very very bitter?

pisafromthewest 6 years ago

Well, on the brighter side, at least beatrice gave up on exhibiting how little she understands about our tax structure. Not that it will stop her from whining about how "unfair" it all is.

Godot 6 years ago

I have not had time to read other comments, sorry if I repeat:Yes, I am bitter about government; I am bitter that I have to pay taxes and get no services; I am bitter that, regardless of how many letters and emails I send to my congresswoman about cutting spending and not supporting bailouts of banks and greedy and/or stupid mortgage holders, that my requests are not heeded; I am bitter because my local government does not fulfill the basic needs to maintain sewers, streets, police and fire protection, but has room in the budget to fund golf courses, recreation classes and an absurdly ineffiecient public transportation system; I am bitter because the school district issued bonds for a specific purpose, to renovate schools, did a crappy job doing it, yet still had over $2 MIL left over, then decided to spend the surplus on athletic field improvements, and then turned around and asked for a tax increase for a measly $640,000 or so that they "hoped" would go to teacher salaries; I am bitter because every time I read the paper, I learn that the government wants more from me, while it gives me less and less.I am bitter because government administrators are among the highest paid individuals in Kansas, and that "service" in state and federal government is a sure-fire ticket to wealth and power, that our senators and congressmen and congresswomen work less than a part time job for more than full time pay while receiving benefits paid by taxpayers that are immensely more generous than most of us taxpayers could ever hope to earn for our more than full time jobs.I am bitter because presidential candidates actually think we are dumb enough to believe them when they say they will "change" things while they are accepting contributions and making promises to the same corporations they tell us we should hate.Am I bitter? Yes! Is government the answer, as His Honor Obama and her Highness Hillary imply? NO! Government is, has been, and always will be, the problem, the source of my bitterness.The best thing the government can do for me is to get out of my way and leave me alone. Just take care of the streets, the sewers, the police, fire protection, open space for parks, and the military. Provide a basic eduction to our children. We don't need .gov to provide mental health counseling, scientific research, hospitals, health care, degrees in movie production and underwater basket weaving, and we do not need .gov to sponsor athletic teams.Yes, I live in a small town, and, yes, I am bitter, and, yes, it is because government has failed me, not because it has not done enough, but because it takes on more than it should, more than it can handle, and because it forces me to pay for its follies while rewarding the idiots in charge with the lifestyles of kings.

Say_Hi_Its_Tom 6 years ago

Bozo asked "Who is the Prince?"""It is best to be both feared and loved; however, if one cannot be both it is better to be feared than loved."The classic Machiavelli Man. That's who the Prince is. He may need more examination, even by the far-left, really. "God Damn America"!!! A "bitter" America. Strong words that even the other wing of the of the Democatic Party, the elite liberal media now can barely contain and pull off any meaningful damage control.

beatrice 6 years ago

Who is the Prince? Wouldn't that be the guy in office now, the one who's father was the previous President? When leadership goes from father to son, even though the son is far from deserving of a leadership role, that is what we identify as a "prince." Hope that doesn't make you even more bitter or irrational.

just_another_bozo_on_this_bus 6 years ago

Who's the Prince, RA? Let me guess, the current occupant of the White House, whose daddy was president, and who never accomplished anything in hid life but was handed everything to him on a silver platter. The one who pretends to be just common folk. Is that the Prince, RA?

beatrice 6 years ago

Who ever "they" are, don't vote for "them" for President. Did Obama say those things? No? Okay then, problem solved. It is still safe to vote for Obama, if you are old enough to vote that is. Now, go to bed -- being attacked by the bed monster doesn't hurt as much if you are asleep.

Rationalanimal 6 years ago

The Prince got the bitterness part right, but the bitter party wrong. The true bitter party in America is faction of black and liberal voters inspired by the hate diatribe of Reverend--GD America--Wright and Al--the sky is falling in--Gore. The rest of us just want to go to work and keep what our sweat provides; the rest of us want the government to stay the heck out of lives. We would rather not be taxed to death for breathing--coming soon since breathing creates a carbon emission--than to have "free" mandatory at the threat of felony prosecution, mediocre, and scarce medical care; the rest of us would rather drive down the road without literally being nickled and dimed for the privilege of driving on a barely improved cow path paved over with 1/10" of asphalt; the rest of us would rather have $1.00 per gallon gas than $4.00 per gallon of gas and milk as a result of idiotic energy policies caused by people like the Prince who have never held a real job outside of elitist circles and will never see these pristine ice enshrouded sanctuaries at the top and bottom of the world; the rest of us would rather just live instead of politicians like the Prince who stick their nose in the lives of average Americans at the macro level as a result of an irrepresible urge to control people at every turn and then tell us they need even more control of our lives, i.e. mandating what type of lightbulds we buy, how much tiolet paper we use, is the solution to the very problems they have created through rampant idiotic and insane policies that are proven failures for the last century. No almighty Prince, average Americans are not bitter. We are just wearied by the overwillingness of politicians like yourself to insert yourself into our lives where we would rather live our lives free of governmental, socialist paternalism that seeks to tax, govern, regulate, mandate and otherwise control every aspect of our lives. The reason why mainstream Americans get riled up about abortion, immigration, religion and guns is not because we are bitter, it is because such traditional values are the fabric of American culture that elitists in circles in which the Prince run have never and will never understand simply because such people have never gotten dirt under their fingernails doing real work. People like the Prince sit on the golden thrones of academia in Cambridge, Massachusetts and Washington D.C. while the rest of us average Americans make America happen. We don't need government to solve our problems as the Prince suggests, government is the problem.

Marion Lynn 6 years ago

beatrice (Anonymous) says: Tom, you should be aware that Senator Barack Obama and Osama bin Laden really are not the same person,"Marion writes;They're not?ohmight as well be

EXks 6 years ago

U.S. taxpayers footing Iraqi war bill to the tune of $100,000 PER minute!Bitter?

Say_Hi_Its_Tom 6 years ago

Thanks for the laugh, Beatrice. Can I stay up a little later and post please? LJW may terminate me at any time. There is someone who is not happy tonight. He is saying "God Damn America!!!"http://www.newsmax.com/kessler/obama_wright_pastor/2008/04/13/87617.htmlWho are these people, why are they talking so bad about America, calling us 'bitter' and saying 'god damn America'?Makes me think there's a monster under my bed.

Marion Lynn 6 years ago

erod0723 (Anonymous) says: Marion, If I didn't knew you were a blatant racist, I would be almost surprised that you don't want Obama to win the presidency. That aside, I'm also a bit surprised you want McCain to win the election.. I guess mental instability, like misery, loves company:."Marion writes:???????????????"Blatant racist"?'the Hll did THAT* come from?Disliking Obama makes one a "racist"?Not exactly, hot news but that is one of the things that he is counting on!I don't like Obama because he is a socialist not becase he is Black!He could be an Eskimo or a white guy and I wouldn't like him if he were also a socialist!Princeobama.com

beatrice 6 years ago

Tom, you should be aware that Senator Barack Obama and Osama bin Laden really are not the same person, although their names do share several of the same letters. I know this must be difficult for you to understand.To help clarify it for you, Barack Obama is the friendly man who will be the next President of the United States. Osama bin Laden is the very bad man who is a terrorist. Obama will replace Bush as President. This will happen in no small part because Bush pushed our country into an unnecessary war with Iraq while failing to capture Osama bin Laden, the bad man who attacked us. We will have President Obama because of Bush's failure to hunt down Osama. Say, that has a fun, Dr. Seuss rhythm to it. Instead, Bush focused on a guy named Hussein, which is Obama's middle name too! Do you know what a coincidence is? But with such similar letters and names I can see why you little ones and our sitting President might be confused. Funny, isn't it. Now, go brush your teeth, because I think it is probably getting pretty close to your bedtime. I hope I didn't give you nightmares about Osama still being out there and about Bush still being President. But don't worry. Bush will soon be gone and our nation will go back to being run by the good guys who want to focus on hunting down the real bad guys. The nightmare will soon be over for us all. If your a good little boy, maybe mommy will read "My Pet Goat" for you tonight before she tucks you in. Nighty night now, little Tom.

beobachter 6 years ago

Amazing the amount of racists posting on this forum. Actually, maybe not, this is Kansas, as backward as the world believes.

notajayhawk 6 years ago

acg (Anonymous) says: "c is the initial for my middle name, so you're way off. And I'm not a cynic. I'm a realist."As I said, I wasn't disagreeing - the two things are not mutually exclusive, you know.

Say_Hi_Its_Tom 6 years ago

Obama Bin-Laden is at it again, talking down to middle class America.So he for sure gets 12% of the popular vote--blacks, and for sure maybe approximately the same from the far-left loons of America, and after that, he is losing votes at a breakneck pace.All Uncle Tommy has to say is, "Will the real Barack Obama please stand up".

Marion Lynn 6 years ago

Why should Obama's "private" words and positions be any different than his public ones?

erod0723 6 years ago

Marion, If I didn't knew you were a blatant racist, I would be almost surprised that you don't want Obama to win the presidency. That aside, I'm also a bit surprised you want McCain to win the election.. I guess mental instability, like misery, loves company....

cato_the_elder 6 years ago

Although the article says that Senator Obama made these remarks "privately," that's an understatement. No media representatives of any kind were understood to be present. He said exactly what he believes, not intended for publication - and, to boot, made the remarks in San Francisco speaking privately to an ultra-liberal cabal - which, given the condescendingly elitist nature of his remarks, isn't exactly playing well in Pennsylvania and, of course, together with Governor Rendell's scathing comments about this over the weekend, is already being archived by Republican media operatives for use in the fall - if necessary.

acg 6 years ago

notajayhawk 6 years ago

acg;I'm not going to try to guess what the "acg" stands for, but I'm putting my money on the "c" being for "cynic." :)(Not that I think you're wrong, by the way.)

Harderfaster 6 years ago

It's not surprising, then, they get bitter, they cling to basketball or religion or antipathy to people who work hard or anti-self discipline sentiment or anti-sexual responsibility sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations."Of course, if this statement had been uttered by McCain it would have been seen as the truth and defended whole heartedly by democrats.

Socialism101 6 years ago

acg 6 years ago

Obama, you're right. We are bitter. We're bitter because you lying, skeezy politicians have completely cluster f*cked this entire nation. You're not better, either, than the rest of them. You speak of change, it's all tired rhetoric to me. I want to give you the benefit of the doubt, but every time I give a politician the benefit of the doubt, they screw us over just a little bit more. There's a lot of talk about how you're different, how you've not been corrupted by the washington "machine" and that may be true. But if you win, it won't be long. They'll get to you, they always do.

Agnostick 6 years ago

Could be, snap...and then Obama could bring Rev. Wright along for the ride!Take a dog leash... put one end around Bill's neck, and the other end in Rev. Wright's hand. "The Defiant Ones" for the new millenium!As Yosemite Sam used to say, "That'll learn ya!"

Flap Doodle 6 years ago

The most fun thing about getting marion's goat is the retrun ratio.A single sentence that hits the right nerve unleashes a torrent of carpola.Back to the topic, maybe Hillary has promised Obama a cushy job as Deputy White House Counsel if he manages to put his foot far enough into his mouth to let her take the nomination.

Agnostick 6 years ago

Love is in the airEverywhere I look aroundLove is in the airEvery sight and every soundAnd I don't know if I'm being foolishDon't know if I'm being wiseBut it's something that I must believe inAnd it's there when I look in your eyesLove is in the airIn the whisper of the treesLove is in the airIn the thunder of the seaAnd I don't know if I'm just dreamingDon't know if I feel saneBut it's something that I must believe inAnd it's there when you call out my nameLove is in the airLove is in the airOh oh ohOh oh ohLove is in the airIn the rising of the sunLove is in the airWhen the day is nearly doneAnd I don't know if you're an illusionDon't know if I see it trueBut you're something that I must believe inAnd you're there when I reach out for youLove is in the airEvery sight and every soundAnd I don't know if I'm being foolishDon't know if I'm being wiseBut it's something that I must believe inAnd it's there when I look in your eyesLove is in the airLove is in the airOh oh ohOh oh ohLove is in the airLove is in the airOh oh ohOh oh ohLove is in the airLove is in the airOh oh ohOh oh ohhttp://www.romantic-lyrics.com/ll14.shtml

Ceallach 6 years ago

Wow, if only oil could flow as abundantly as vitriol! Look the candidates over, decide who comes closest to your values and vote for them. Its as easy as that. We always gets the government we deserve. Scary, huh?Lookingforwardtohavinga wonderfulinternetlifeagaininthenearfuture.Ceallach :)

Flap Doodle 6 years ago

snap writes:stillhavingawonderfulun-outedinternetlifewithoutresortingtoname-calling.

Marion Lynn 6 years ago

Here's that new IP for you snap:74.52.214.218I can see that poor little damned dirty ape, snap, in his Mac, sporting a deerstalker with a calabash full of pot, all hunched over his computer, viewing his monitor through a large magnifying glass...............................Do they allow damned dirty apes to wear Macs, snap?

Marion Lynn 6 years ago

I see that snap thinks that he/she/it is quite the internet detective.Not.Just a mailing address, there snap, you d*amned dirty ape and I've got about fifty of them, all legal and 100% OK with ICAAN.That and a VOIP phone which I can access from almost any computer I choose.Here's a gift for you....my IP.......at least for a while...........74.52.215.194Here's the trace route:Hostname c2.d7.344a.static.theplanet.comGeo-Location Information CountryUnited States State/RegionTX CityDallas Postal Code75207 Latitude32.7825 Longitude-96.8207 Area Code214Here's the visual trace route for you: HopTimeHostIPLocation 112.544wsip-70-183-59-1.oc.oc.cox.net70.183.59.1Irvine, CA, United States 210.264rsmtdsrc02-gew03020996.rd.oc.cox.net68.4.15.5Irvine, CA, United States 315.271wsip-64-58-132-114.oc.oc.cox.net64.58.132.114Irvine, CA, United States 419.431wsip-64-58-132-101.oc.oc.cox.net64.58.132.101Irvine, CA, United States 512.989ip68-4-13-245.oc.oc.cox.net68.4.13.245Irvine, CA, United States 69.071rsmtdsrj02-ge600.0.rd.oc.cox.net68.4.14.213Irvine, CA, United States 745.453dalsbbrj02-ae0.r2.dl.cox.net68.1.0.143Mission Viejo, CA, United States 857.289vl32.dsr02.dllstx3.theplanet.com70.85.127.62Dallas, TX, United States 946.4167e.fd.5746.static.theplanet.com70.87.253.126Dallas, TX, United States 1046.216vl2.car03.dllstx2.theplanet.com12.96.160.45Little Elm, TX, United States 1194.471c2.d7.344a.static.theplanet.com74.52.215.194Dallas, TX, United States.............I'll change it in a while and let you know, OK, simpleton?

EXks 6 years ago

Keep gasping for air Queen Hillary, keep gasping for air.....LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pisafromthewest 6 years ago

beatrice (Anonymous) says: "Somehow, I suspect Buffet knows just a bit more than you on the subject. He isn't just a wanna-be rich guy. He is one. The only part you got right is that everyone needs to pay their share, including the rich."Wow, bea, you really are as ignorant as you appear to be. I suppose you think ol' Warren does his own taxes. Besides the fact that you're talking about a guy with a gazillion bucks that spends more every year than you will see in your lifetime on accountants who find every tax dodge, your 'fact' about Mr. Buffet is ... let's see ... is there a word for even less than meaningless? Especially as Mr. Buffet's politically motivated load of cr*p has been debunked repeatedly as being somewhat misleading and one-sided. Something that Mr. Buffet neglects to mention is that if he hadn't given away all his money, the fed would have taken more than half of it when he died. How much of your estate will be stolen from your children, bea? Not to mention that about the only way to significantly reduce the taxes owed on line 44 (by about half in his case) is through credits, generally those for other taxes paid and investment credits. And you just might want to consider that Mr. Buffet is a 31% owner of a corporation that paid huge amounts of taxes, too.Not that I expect you to open your closed little mind and educate yourself, but you might want to start here:http://www.cbo.gov/doc.cfm?index=5746&type=0If you're not happy there, with the Congressional Budget Office, you can find similar information poking around the IRS website. I'm fairly certain that the CBO and the IRS know just a little more about who's paying what share of the taxes collected than ol' Warren does. Oh, and by the way, bea, as a former IRS tax examiner, I can assure you that I know a heck of a lot more about the issue than you do.But, for the sake of argument, let's take a look at Mr. Buffet, the guy who isn't paying his "fair share." If what he said was true (and please note that his 'evidence' of his claim was a memo, not his actual tax return), he paid about $8,000,000 in taxes. Or the amount equal to approximately 1,000 average taxpayers.Think he used food stamps?How about Section 8 housing?Think his kids needed federally subsidized student loans?Do you think ol' Warren drives a car so large he puts more wear and tear on the federal highways than the 1,000 other people it took to pay an equal amount in taxes?Ya' think maybe he votes more than once, or there's an extra Senator or Representative allocated to Nebraska to give him a larger say in how his money is spent?Oh, there is one more thing to consider, bea (and I have no doubt you'll ignore it):Since the year 2000, the share of income tax paid to the federal government by the top 1% and top 5% of taxpayers has increased, not gone down. Funny how, with your lack of class envy, you think the rich should be paying more to be "fair."

jonas 6 years ago

Awwwww, man!! Marion's gone back to linking to his own website to congratulate himself on his cleverness!

markoo 6 years ago

My point, Marion, is that the vast majority of people are not going to vote for a particular candidate because of a statement or two that our media and Drudge take a bit out of context and run with it as if that's the end-all statement that defines the candidate. Rather, the majority of people SHOULD have made up their minds by now as to whom they will likely be supporting, and the media tripping over themselves to find a verbal gaffe by a politician somewhere on the trail is nothing but a distraction at this point.In other words, my frustration is focused primarily towards the media itself harping on these stories while largely ignoring a vast number of other important issues such as Iraq, FISA, Yoo and the torture memos, our economy and neverending spending habits, job losses, medicare and health care, etc. etc. You know, the issues that have 10x more importance over any of these stories on John Edwards' haircuts, Obama's so-called "elitism", the words from Obama's minister, and pretty much any other asinine story on the candidates that have little to no bearing on the ultimate outcome of how the majority of people will likely vote come November (or even sooner in the upcoming primaries for that matter). Granted, it may sway a percentage or two in Pennsylvania, Indiana, and so on, for or against Obama, but the inevitable outcome is this race will be Obama versus McCain, Mr. Elitist versus Mr. Straightshooter. And both nicknames couldn't be further from the truth.

Marion Lynn 6 years ago

markoo (Anonymous) says: "If you're against Obama, fine, that's your perogative and your vote to someone else. If you're against McCain, terrific for you and vote for someone else. But you're not voting for one candidate or the other because of a verbal gaffe or two and I'm sure you know that. If someone does because of that, honestly that's just pathetic."Marion writes:Huh?Say what?

markoo 6 years ago

And by the way, Clinton has "no opening," so our stupid media twits can finally start to get over themselves over this non-story and start focusing on the actual race between Obama and McCain. This race was over long ago, but our gullible media has held on to this story of a "close race" between the two Dem. candidates. It's statistically nearly impossible for her to catch him in delegates, and the Superdelegates are not going to be stupid enough to swing towards her way for any reason, especially since she's spouting the same crap as McCain (you know, the guy the Democrats are trying to beat in November).Hanging on every word of Obama's is fun, and he's had a few just as McCain has (and Hillary). And they're all likely to have more in the coming weeks. But if these gaffs are the reason or even the "straw that broke yada yada" on a candidate, then I'd submit that individuals who feel that way have not done any of their homework on any of the candidates in the first place. There's plenty more behind a candidate besides a verbal gaffe or two.If you're against Obama, fine, that's your perogative and your vote to someone else. If you're against McCain, terrific for you and vote for someone else. But you're not voting for one candidate or the other because of a verbal gaffe or two and I'm sure you know that. If someone does because of that, honestly that's just pathetic.

Flap Doodle 6 years ago

Let's see what flaming torches hit the windmill in Denver. It could be totally smurfy.

markoo 6 years ago

I like Obama's response to McCain given by alm77 above. Quite appropriate for McCain, that non-elitist Mr. Straightshooter himself. McCain, the one who's truly in touch with the people, just like George Bush was and still is, despite his 28% approval ratings. McCain, that wonderful guy who's ex-wife got badly disfigured from a wreck, to which he committed adultery on afterwards with his new wife some 30 years younger, leaving his disfigured wife and 3 children behind for his younger and much more richer wife who's funded much of his political campaigns over the years.But you see, Obama is a librul, and he must sip lattes in San Fran and must therefore be the true elitist with no moral values at all.Oh, and by the way, John Yoo's torture memo came out essentially stating it was legal to authorize torture and that it's okay to urinate all over the 4th Amendment, and our top Administration officials including CIA director Tenet, Condoleeeeeza Rice, Cheney, Rummy, Ashcroft, and Powell, discussed and approved of torture methods on detainees who "would be slapped, pushed, deprived of sleep or subjected to simulated drowning, called waterboarding."http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/LawPolitics/Story?id=4583256&page=4Oh, and we just happened to have learned by Bush approved of those meetings with this story on Friday:http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/LawPolitics/story?id=4635175&page=1But no, let's worry about the so-called "elitism" of Obama. Then let's worry about the bowling score of Obama after that, because that's unbelievable news also. And if that's not enough, we can always fall back on the haircut for John Edwards. Or how Hillary feels about Monica. Or how big Hillary's breasts are. Or if Obama slept with Minister Wright. Or if Obama is more black than white, or vice versa, because inquiring stupid American minds just gotta know, right now. And if that doesn't quell our thirst, we can pop our dumbed-down butts over to TMZ and see how Britney is doing. Or we can go over to Drudge and wait in dying anticipation over his next new BS story, just like the rest of our stupid lazy media. It really isn't much different than TMZ anyway.I'm already in burn out mode with this political race (if you can't already tell). I know where my vote will go, and so should everyone else at this point. The rest is mind-numbing background noise that will do nothing but distract. I have no clue why anyone is "undecided" at this point, because honestly I find those people to either be complete cowards or clueless twits who shouldn't be voting on anything or anyone in the first place. And it's nothing shy of pathetic for those particular folks to be influence by this background noise given to us by Drudge/TMZ along with Tweety, Pumpkinhead, Stephanopolis, and the rest of the mindless talking-heads. They may be the minority, because the rest of us either don't care or are merely trying to stir up the pot and would never vote for the man anyway.

beatrice 6 years ago

bearded, you are clearly confused. Let me help you out. It is simply Obama, without an apostrophy after the "O". I know your favorite mouthpiece for false information on FoxNews is Bill O'Reilly, who does use the apostrophy, so I can see how you might be confused. (I'll admit, however, I was surprised when I found it wasn't pronounced "Oh, really?") Just wanted to be of service so next year you won't come across as a complete fool when you make comments about President Obama. finding-uranass: Why would Senator Obama choose to head the NAACP, or the Black Panthers (especially since the Panthers haven't been around since the 1970s)? He is already a United States Senator, and will be the next President of the United States.Oh, wait. I get it. The NAACP and Black Panthers are the only organizations you could think of in which the leaders have been Black. Oh. Very clever. Gosh, you are like Sarah Silverman with your clever wit. I'm surprised she hasn't contacted you asking for help righting material. So clever. pisa, if you don't believe me about the tax situation, then how about Warren Buffet, the third richest person in the world: "Last year, Buffett said, he was taxed at 17.7 percent on his taxable income of more than $46 million. His receptionist was taxed at about 30 percent."http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/06/27/AR2007062700097.htmlSomehow, I suspect Buffet knows just a bit more than you on the subject. He isn't just a wanna-be rich guy. He is one. The only part you got right is that everyone needs to pay their share, including the rich. Knowing how much you folks are going to nash your teeth and soil yourselves when Obama is sworn in as President of the United States just makes me so happy. And Dems will need tissue to wipe up their tears of joy for having come through the tunnel of darkness in which we find ourselves today.

Ceee 6 years ago

The 109 million dollar woman and the man married to a 109+ dollar woman are adopting Rove's philosophy by attacking the strength of their opponent. Obama lived the American dream. He knew first hand what it is to have your family struggle. He also explained the GOP playbook of creating wedge issues to people who get distracted by them and don't always vote their own best interests. Perhaps he did not communicate the idea as gracefully as he usually does, but his points were valid. Many people are bitter and disillusioned. PS I think Hillary shows she is getting desparate by her twisting of Obama's statements.

Flap Doodle 6 years ago

Fascinatingwhatwhoiscalltellone,justfascinating.

pisafromthewest 6 years ago

beatrice (Anonymous) says: "The outcome will be a landslide for Obama because America is tired of Bush's and the Republicans' failed economic policies and are tired of the war in Iraq that should never have been started."Bet if we look back, beatirce was making the exact same prediction about Kerry. Probably Gore, too."Obama will be the next President of the United States of America. Get used to it."You too can make a killing financially! The investment opportunity of the century!Invest now in Kleenex! The Dems are going to be going through them by the ton after November!

Marion Lynn 6 years ago

Prince Obama is the equivalent of the Burger King King.Only a smile.And only a smile.Princeobama.com

pisafromthewest 6 years ago

beatrice (Anonymous) says: "The simple fact is that your hero George W. Bush gave massive tax cuts to the wealthiest of the wealthy during a time of war (!) and an out of control deficit that has doubled during his eight years in office."The "simple" fact (that our apparently less-than-simple beatrice seems to forget) is that the "wealthiest of the wealthy," those top 1%-ers, comprises people making a little more than $350,000. Wow, what a bunch of Bill Gates's that bunch includes. And another "simple" fact that beatrice (in her absolute lack of class envy) forgets is that those people were getting flat out robbed before the tax cuts she speaks of, cuts which mean they're now each only paying their own share of taxes and that of 39 other people, while being the ones who least avail themselves of the spending programs those taxes pay for."You support both the war and the tax cuts, which means you must also be in favor of the doubling of the deficit."Only in your twisted little delusion, bea. Maybe you missed the part where I said "Maybe the other 99% should pay their fair share instead of b*tching we're not robbing the rich enough." I'm sure that didn't register between your ears as it disagrees with your idealogy. By all means, bea, let's cut the deficit ... let's add to the tax burden of the 95% of the taxpayers who pay the same share of taxes as those top 1%-ers, particularly the 30% who pay absolutely nothing (well, who actually have a negative tax rate, because they get more back in refundable credits than the amount of taxes levied). Let's cut the deficit by doubling your taxes, and your mother and father's. Those "wealthiest of the wealthy" could do without a little of the "favoritism" you would like to keep lavishing on them.

Finding_Uranus 6 years ago

It's always a pretty fair bet there's a problem when the hard liberals go on the defensive as they have with the Obama mistakes.....really not mistakes, he can't help but to say what he thinks. That's fine, we need to know what he and his people think. He certainly is not fit to run this nation. He needs to be running the NAACP or the Black Panthers--haha!! Not looking too good for Obama, is it?

yourworstnightmare 6 years ago

This is the best that critics of Obama can muster?Lame. Non-issue. Next.

beatrice 6 years ago

And Marion continues the name-calling. It is clear you have nothing of substance to add. But the fact that you keep calling a self-made and intelligent man "prince," but ignore the fact that the current president is actually the son of a former president is too funny. And you accuse me of spin. What a hypocrit. Of course, all of this is just a temporary distraction until the real event. When the election comes, people will know that Senator McCain supports the policies of George W. Bush. Senator Obama does not. The outcome will be a landslide for Obama because America is tired of Bush's and the Republicans' failed economic policies and are tired of the war in Iraq that should never have been started. Obama will be the next President of the United States of America. Get used to it.

Agnostick 6 years ago

Anonymous userCrossfire (Anonymous) says::bumper sticker:,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.Bitter American 4 Obama 2008"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""==========================================""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""I MAY BE BITTER, BUT I'M NO QUITTER! * * * * * * * OBAMA '08 * * * * * * """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""BITTER TODAY, FOR A BETTER TOMORROW! * * * * * * * OBAMA '08 * * * * * * """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""YOU THINK I'M BITTER? YOU SHOULD ASK A RON PAUL SUPPORTER! * * * * * * * OBAMA '08 * * * * * * *""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Marion Lynn 6 years ago

"Shocked", eh, there snap?Try licking your finger (You drool anyway, so no effort there!) and sticking it into a light bulb socket!

Flap Doodle 6 years ago

Hmmm, that link marioni keeps posting actually leads to his own stinking pit of a 'forum'.I'm shocked I tell you, shocked.Will cool start plugging that one?Stay turned.BTW,stillhavingawonderfulinternetlife.

Marion Lynn 6 years ago

toe (Anonymous) says: I think most liberals look down their nose at the wage earner. Unions have never figured that out. Hillary is making hay because Obama made the comment before she did."Marion writes:Yep.You got it.Princeobama.com

just_another_bozo_on_this_bus 6 years ago

"I think most liberals look down their nose at the wage earner."And Republicans just lie to them, and then screw them any and every way possible.

toe 6 years ago

just_another_bozo_on_this_bus 6 years ago

"they think they know better than the poor dumb schlubs o'bama was talking about."He never called them dumb schlubs. Those are your words. But clearly charlatans like Karl Rove distracted many people with non-issues-- and the immigration issue is mostly a non-issue, especially when you consider that many more times as many jobs have been shipped overseas than have been taken by immigrants here. There are lots of other non-issues (gay marriage, etc.) that various demagogues would rather focus on than the real bread-and-butter issues that actually affect people's lives.

jonas 6 years ago

texburgh (Anonymous) says:"What's all the stink? Obama's comments are correct."You asked the question and then answered it. This is an election season, the time that truth and correctness are supposed to take a backseat to glittering hyperbole, meaningless cliches, and other forms of BS.

Marion Lynn 6 years ago

And bea continues the spin!Woo Hoo!

beatrice 6 years ago

Pisa, call it what ever you want. Though you will refuse to believe me, I can assure you my views have nothing to do with class envy. I just don't want to see the country fall into such a financial hole that we are some day begging the Chinese and Saudi Arabia to bail us out. (It might be too late.)The simple fact is that your hero George W. Bush gave massive tax cuts to the wealthiest of the wealthy during a time of war (!) and an out of control deficit that has doubled during his eight years in office. You support both the war and the tax cuts, which means you must also be in favor of the doubling of the deficit. John McCain shares the economic and militaristic views with George Bush. Most Americans aren't in favor of these things, hence the popularity of Barack Obama, our next President. And Marion keeps calling people names. Oh, how so very cute. The funny thing is, he calls Obama a "prince," despite the fact that this son of an immigrant from Kenya earned everything he has on his own. On the other hand, Marion's super-hero George W. Bush was a flunky student who was allowed into Yale and granted positions of power simply because of who his father is. He certainly didn't earn his way to the top. (Does anybody honestly think George W. Bush got into Yale because of his keen intellect?) Talk about your undeserving prince! If his father hadn't been President, I doubt most people would even be willing to buy a used car from George Jr. But keep calling Senator Obama funny names -- it is a clear sign of the desperate and the simple who don't have a real argument. Obama will be our next President.

gccs14r 6 years ago

I wish Obama would quit apologizing for speaking the truth.

Marion Lynn 6 years ago

Ah, yes but to speak negatively of Prince Obama is to utter "hate speech". don't ya know?Princeobama.com

bearded_gnome 6 years ago

"If I worded things in a way that made people offended, I deeply regret that," Obama said in an interview with the Winston-Salem (N.C.) Journal.not a real apology, and everybody knows that.***elitist comments by Barry H. O'bama wherein he looks down his nose at people who oppose illegal immigration, believe in something greater than themselves, and value the right to self defense. remember, o'bama wants to give drivers' licenses to illegals! he is opposed to securing the border. and he puts down us who believe passionately that the law should be respected, calling us bitter. his elitist san francisco speech really demonstrates his true values. what will continued open borders do for the poorest among us? make work harder to find. depress wages. drain school and medical resources from real americans. so, one need not be bitter to oppose rampant lawbreaking Mr. O'bama! apparently, it tells us something about O'bama's faith too. his "church" is in the united church of christ, a very far left liberal church that digresses sharply from the content of the Bible. then in his particular church's case, black liberation theology is taught, having no contact with the reality in the Bible. it does however include: "kill the white oppressor" and teaches that all whites are the oppressor. o'bama sat under this for twenty years. did he go to this faith because he was bitter? his life certainly didn't include much to be bitter about with the life his white grandma gave him and the big time school he attended etc. o'bama=uniter? I don't think so. not this way. and this scandal has legs. interesting to note how the o'bama supporters on this thread further the elitism...they think they know better than the poor dumb schlubs o'bama was talking about. they see things better than the bitter hardworking believers who count on the second amendment. speaking of which, was it bitterness that put the first amendment in the constitution? "congress shall make no law respecting the establishment of religion ... or the free exercise." or bitterness that prompted the adoption of the second amendment?

Marion Lynn 6 years ago

It's not a business deal; I work for myself as do you...it has to do with the left-bent of Soros, et. al, not how much oney he is going to make but it realy makes no difference to him....Clinton or Obama, he wins.Obama is merely a poster child and front man.Princeobama.com

pisafromthewest 6 years ago

beatrice (Anonymous) says: "George Bush's failing economic policies that give favor to the monied elite in this country"Ah, bea, that green-eyed monster look is so unbecoming.The 1% that Obama wants to tax already pay almost 40% of all income taxes. That's favoritism most would prefer to live without. Maybe the other 99% should pay their fair share instead of btching we're not robbing the rich enough, and do away with such "favored" status.Yep, Obama's stand on taxes ... raising them on that "favored" 1% ... is pretty easy to sell. The 99% are always willing to steal more from those they overwhelmingly outnumber so they don't have to pay themselves. And sheeple like our dear bea, with her class envy oozing from the seams, just eat that kind of crp right up.

yankeelady 6 years ago

Obama isn't saying anything new. Remember "what's the Matter with Kansas?" He is right . Love the bittervoters.orgsite. He is right. This uproar and hypocritcal reaction from the Clinton's isn't going to have legs. I am disappointed in Hillary, I thought she was for change.

Say_Hi_Its_Tom 6 years ago

"So you're saying that your a$$holeness is purely innate, then, Tom?" No, but the far-left ilk really brings out the darker side of me. You guys (including Agnostick, a far-left idealogue posing as a centrist to troll with the other far-left trolls) have alot of gall to call me that. Go dive into your far-left blog hate sites now, isn't that what you do in your spare time?

Daytrader23 6 years ago

Marion says "Obama is a front man for the likes of Soros, etc." Considering I am in the same business as Soros (investing and trading) I have to disagree with you. Clinton would be that candidate. If there ever was a candidate who represents the working class it would be Obama, whom I support. Yes I may have to pay more taxes once he is president but I don't care as I have morals and pride for my country and that is worth paying for. He is the best hope to get us out of this HUGE hole that both Clinton and Bush have dug for us. Look around, America is in shambles, High school graduates are three times dumber than 8th graders in Europe. The whole world knows that the average American can't find India on a map. And people belive McCain or Clinton will solve this problem, Yeah, and I got a beach house in Switzerland. (for those who don't know Switzerland is a land locked country with a population of 7 million and a currency that is stronger than the U.S dollar.)

Daytrader23 6 years ago

Well is the working class not bitter? Earning 7 to 10 dollars an hour with no benefits. Last time I checked (which is daily)10 dollars is pretty close to being worthless. In fact it is worthless with the price of oil and commodities being where they are. And guess what America? The dollar is only going lower. Which means you will only be able to buy less and go even further in debt. I agree with Obama, at least he has the balls to speak the truth which is what most Americans don't want to hear. Most Americans would prefer the same old song and dance bullshiite lies. Go on, vote another war time republican and say bye bye to Americas overall strength, if it has any left.

Marion Lynn 6 years ago

Bea, I'm not "bitter" but thanks for the completely unfounded diagnosis.Prince Obama will fail in his election bid because he is a far-left radical elitist; a member of a church with an "inviolable committment to Africa", not "an inviolable committment to the USA"; he will fail because he is not good at concealing his hidden agenda, that of Big Government, deprivation of civil rights and the fact that he is merely a front man for the likes of Soros, et. al.Princeobama.com

beatrice 6 years ago

John McCain wants to continue George Bush's war in Iraq and he supports the continuation of George Bush's failing economic policies that give favor to the monied elite in this country. Obama does not. This is why Obama will be sworn in as the next President of the United States. I love that this will make some, like Marion, even more bitter than they are now.

bennyoates 6 years ago

Obama and his millions of supporters, including plenty of supporters in small towns in Kansas, will hang tough through this latest attempt to derail his candidacy and demean his character. There are more people who know the truth about Obama than there are people who are trying to take him down. He's no snob and no elitist and he will be our next President.

Centerville 6 years ago

I stand corrected: Obama lives in reality kindergarten.

Flap Doodle 6 years ago

"...Some hard-working Americans find it insulting when rich elites explain away things dear to their hearts as desperation. It would be like a white politician telling blacks they cling to charismatic churches to compensate for their plight. And it vindicates centrist Democrats who have been arguing for a decade that their party has allowed itself to look culturally out of touch with the American mainstream..."Read more at: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0408/9561.html

Robert bickers 6 years ago

"If I worded things in a way that made people offended, I deeply regret that,"Ah, the old non-apology apology.

Crossfire 6 years ago

...bumper sticker...,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.Bitter American 4 Obama 2008 """""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Marion Lynn 6 years ago

Prince Obama is simply another elitist "liberal" and is outing hmself.Princeobama.com

Fred Whitehead Jr. 6 years ago

Centerville, you are one of the folks Obama is speaking of. You need a course in logic and syntax. And by the way the word is spelled "kindergarten" and it is direct from the German meaning "childern's garden" No religious gun toting illiterate here.

just_another_bozo_on_this_bus 6 years ago

So you're saying that your a$$holeness is purely innate, then, Tom?

Say_Hi_Its_Tom 6 years ago

"The difficult thing about Obama's statement is that it's fairly accurate. It describes well many of the posters on this forum, probably you, Tom."Sorry, no hard luck stories here----same old usual bumps like any other human, and if there were, I'd not blame like the lefts' knee-jerk response. If you knew one crumb about my life, you'd be scratching your head as how I could be bitter. I do won guns which I sometimes don't get out for months and I do believe in god. So what.I think you are simply projecting again, Bozo.

Flap Doodle 6 years ago

bea, I think that was the Grey Goose talking thru Marion.

Marion Lynn 6 years ago

Oh, bea, I made no such "promise". I merely considered it for a moment and decided that leaving this site would be leaving it to the likes of you and your spin doctor buddies and that just ain't right.

beatrice 6 years ago

In his attack against Obama's comments about bitter voters, Marion calls Democrats "Demonrats." Ironic, sad and bitter, all in one fell swoop. Too funny, and thanks for proving Obama's point. By the way Marion, I thought you were promising us you were going to forever log yourself off of this site. Please, don't let us stop you.

Centerville 6 years ago

Let's see: don't cling to God, cling to my Government. About 100 million people have been there, and only a few lived to tell about it. This guy is in reality kindergarden.

texburgh 6 years ago

What's all the stink? Obama's comments are correct. Out of frustration and a real sense of bitterness about government, there are hordes of people who now take their frustrations out on a host of issues bandied about by Fox "news" and radio hate - guns, immigrants, abortion, etc. There is no discourse about what's really right for the country; just rants about illegals and abortionists and those who would take our guns. And thanks to the bitterness and the way they vote - usually against their own economic interests - we are buried in an endless and senseless war in Iraq, we have record deficits, the dollar is in collapse, and we are on the verge of (if not now in) a serious recession. Obama seeks to replace that bitterness with hope - a belief that we CAN do better. And by believing, we WILL do better.HIllary, by latching on to this in desperation, feeds the problem. Obama; Oh-8.

ralphralph 6 years ago

... uh, I think that's Lewinski ... Obama just lies.

Marion Lynn 6 years ago

Vote Nader!Ralphie should pick up a few votes from this one and be well on his way to splitting the DemonRats, thereby assuring a McCain victory.

le 6 years ago

Obama blows!Obama blows! Obama blows!Obama blows!

pisafromthewest 6 years ago

Gee, I wonder if we can surmise who the editorial board of the award-winning LJW wants to get the Democratic nomination. Still not a single word in this "newspaper" about Hillary's "misspeak" on her Bosnian trip, or her husband's recent comments digging the hole deeper. And yet Comments from Obama's minister and off-handed (poorly thought out but at least spontaneous, not deliberate lies like the Clintons') make headlines.Way to be impartial reporters of the news, LJW. Guess that also explains why, six months down the road, a newspaper in a college town still hasn't made mention of Hillary's desire to scrap the student loan program. And the publishers of the LJW wonder why people prefer to get their news online rather than buying a printed newspaper.

Fred Whitehead Jr. 6 years ago

Well, well. A politician candidate comes out and speaks the real truth, and he gets crucified in the media and by his opponants. We get all bent out of shape because these people lie to us and misrepresent their views, and when Mr. Obama speaks the clear and undeniable truth, the rafters start to ring with screams of delight and despair. I think we all know that this was the plain truth, undereducated and illiterate people (this is no crime, by the way) tend to be the victims of hokey religion and "solve it with a gun" philosophy. There are a lot of these people everywhere, not just in Pennsylvania, but I guess Mr. Obama thinks there might be a concentration of them there. They live by rote learning, someone else tells them something, and lacking the intellectual ability to think clearly for themselves, they follow the seemingly obvious. This is how we get "leaders" like George Bush. I do not condemn Mr. Obama for his clear thinking, but I might have reservations for stating it in such a clear way that many of the subjects of his statement will just react like small childern.

Flap Doodle 6 years ago

merril, you've given up on Ron Paul? I can't believe it!You fickle person.

Richard Heckler 6 years ago

This nonsense is how voters are diverted from the real issues at hand which is why dumping special interest funding of political campaigns is a damn good idea:The issues of SUBSTANCE it seems are: Bring all the troops home. The Iraq people know how to rebuild a country and run an oil business. Their oil is not our oil.40,000 disabled troops 4,000 dead troops 1,000,000 dead Iraq men,women and Children Creating new industry that cannot be outsourced Cleaner Energy Sources National Health Insurance Dumping No Child Left Behind Restoring Rights of Americans that republicans took away Reining in the power of the President Restoring the EPA Acts that the republican wiped out Restoring the USDA to a credible agency that places consumers over special interest money* Voter Rights NOT special interest rights:Campaigns go too long,spend way too much money and do not necessarily provide the best available.It is up to us to stop the nonsense at the voting booths on the 2008 ballot.Not voting sends the wrong message and changes nothing.Lets's demand a new system and vote in Fair Vote America : http://www.fairvote.org/irv/Demand a change on the 2008 ballot. We need public financing of campaigns. Citizens cannot afford special interest money campaigns for it is the citizens that get left out.http://www.publicampaign.org/Who would be against Public Funding?Vote Smart Vote Practical Vote Fiscally Responsible Vote Socially ResponsibleVote Obama!

rammy 6 years ago

wow, he's not very bright, is he?first the rev. phelps-wright, now this..........

KLATTU 6 years ago

Was there any chance that anyone offended by Obama's comments was actually planning on voting for him? No. I hope he doesn't back down; the people he's talking about are the people responsible for the mess we're in now. Rural America should take some advice from their Saint Reagan, and honestly ask themselves if their families are better off now than they were 8 years ago.

just_another_bozo_on_this_bus 6 years ago

Thanks for the link, alm77. Looks like Obama is going to make Clinton and McCain sorry they tried to distort this comment.

jonas 6 years ago

Seriously, Eggnog, how old are you?

Say_Hi_Its_Tom 6 years ago

".....someone else's message board....."Well, an admission finally. A few more gaffes like that and I'll start slightly respecting you Agnostick. That was a good one.

Marion Lynn 6 years ago

I sincerely hope that Obama and the Hillarybeeste keep fighting it out as they are gradually exposing each other.Princeobama.com

Agnostick 6 years ago

http://www.bittervoters.org/Amazing! Funny how some folks miss out on these wonderful opportunities. Why waste time crashing someone else's message board over and over again (especially after you've been shown the door), when there are so many more opportunities to go out and create your own?Bittervoters.org may only last until the Pennsylvania primary--but it's a great idea!--Ag

solsken66 6 years ago

Probably many individuals are disillusioned about our current government officials not working together to accomplish the best for all Americans instead of helping to throw more slop in the feeder for all the pork bellies. Then how corporate America is squandering away billions of dollars on CEO s who don't perform well at the cost of jobs at the lower end of the salary scale. Greedy individuals can be blamed for much of the financial crisis this country is facing today in the mortgage sector. Mortgage loans were given out like candy. The mailbox used to be flooded with these shark proposals of terrific initial financing. Too bad so many were taken by these blood sucking leeches. The illegal immigration is an issue that can not be swept under the carpet. Companies and individuals who hire illegals need to be accountable. There are probably a few government officials who have ground keepers, maids, and nannies who are being paid under the table. If a company wants to hire people from another country, there are proper procedures for securing work visas so that they can work in this country legally.

just_another_bozo_on_this_bus 6 years ago

Say_Hi_Its_Tom 6 years ago

"Do not feed the trolls!" Agnostick must be on a diet.

solsken66 6 years ago

Funny how words get twisted and pulled like taffy until the original statement is beyond recognition.

Agnostick 6 years ago

Another episode of that new show, "Leave It To Obama," starring that new, inexperienced candidate. Unfortunately, even while this was taped live before a studio audience, he only gets one take; if he screws it up, too bad!I guess he can at least be thankful he didn't tell 'em to "shut up and sit down."http://www.usvetdsp.com/story46.htmAgnostickagnostick@excite.comhttp://www.uscentrist.orghttp://www.americanplan.org

Agnostick 6 years ago

Do not feed the trolls!

Say_Hi_Its_Tom 6 years ago

We'll never know until Barack comes out and talks just where his radical leftist continuum exactly is. He will never be pressed, because the mainstream liberal media is actively campaigning for him, as are all the big far-left blogo hate sites. He won't sit down with any conservative media outlets----he knows it would be devastating. Assuming he takes the nomination, he will be fully exposed for what he is is--a radical member to the farthest left of the left-wing of the Democratic Party.