Archive for Tuesday, October 24, 2006

New Kline ad called a ‘jaw dropper’

October 24, 2006

— In a move Democrat Paul Morrison calls "desperate and sleazy," Republican Phill Kline's latest television ad in the attorney general's race highlights unproven, 15-year-old sexual harassment allegations against Morrison.

The ad has an actor reading statements attributed to Morrison by a former employee who sued him twice in federal court. Kline, who is seeking a second term, has made her allegations a campaign issue even though both cases were dismissed and Morrison, the Johnson County district attorney, paid no monetary damages to the woman.

Kline began broadcasting the 30-second spot across the state this weekend, less than a week after holding a news conference to publicize the cases.

Kline "lawsuit" ad

A campaign ad from the Kline campaign focusing on unproven, 15-year-old sexual harassment allegations against his opponent, Paul Morrison. Enlarge video

Kline spokeswoman Sherriene Jones defended the ad Monday as raising an issue voters need to consider before the Nov. 7 election. However, Morrison said, "Phill Kline should be ashamed of himself."

'That's a jaw-dropper'

The attorney general's race already was contentious when Kline began attacking Morrison over the former employee's allegations. The ad is unusual for having an actor portray an opposing candidate, without telling viewers they're hearing a dramatization. The actor does not appear on screen but reads the statements attributed to Morrison in a voice-over.

"As someone who's seen a lot of Kansas political ads, that's a jaw-dropper," said Bob Beatty, a Washburn University political scientist. "That's the kind of ad where the people sitting around planning the ad have to pause and say, 'Are we going to run this?'"

During a visit to Lawrence, attorney general candidate Paul Morrison, right, visited with, from left, Kansas University graduate students Russell Miller, Leavenworth, and Elaine Elliott, Nortonville, and KU alumnus Mike Peterson. The group was outside Wescoe Hall on Monday.

The ad also has an unusual ending: "To be continued" appears on screen.

Jones would not comment on whether that meant Kline planned future ads on the same topic.

Suing Morrison was Kelly Summerlin, who worked as the victims-witnesses coordinator in the district attorney's office. She filed the first suit in March 1991, a month after Morrison fired her, and the second one in May 1992. The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission declined to pursue the case.

Morrison has said repeatedly that he fired Summerlin because he wasn't pleased with her on-the-job performance. On Monday, his staff issued a statement saying three employees left his office because of conflicts with her.

Ex-employee's charges

But Summerlin's version of events was far different. In answering questions for attorneys in May 1991, she recalled an after-hours office party in a bar in November 1990. She said Morrison made a drunken sexual advance at her, which she rebuffed.

Kline's ad has Morrison saying: "Don't get me wrong. I love my wife and kids, but I'm very attracted to you. What are we going to do about that?" She also claimed he described himself as a "manly man."

As for voters, Jones said, "They need to be aware of this behavior and consider that when they're voting for the next attorney general."

"Phill Kline's latest attack is desperate and sleazy," Morrison said Monday, speaking for himself and his wife. "We don't know when Phill Kline abandoned any pretense of a moral compass, but the pursuit of power appears to have corrupted Phill Kline in a deeply disturbing way."

The first case went to trial in July 1992, and a judge dismissed it after four days of testimony, before hearing Morrison's evidence.

The second case also accused Morrison of harassment, as well as retaliation and spreading false information about Summerlin.

Dismissal sought

Morrison sought to have the second case dismissed before it went to trial, but a judge ruled against him. The ad says the judge concluded, "There was sufficient evidence to continue."

The judge wrote in his August 1992 order: "Questions of fact exist such that a reasonable person could find in favor of either party."

But six months later, the parties agreed to dismiss the case. Their two-paragraph agreement says only that each party would cover its own legal costs.

Kline and his staff have described it as a settlement, but attorneys for Summerlin told The Wichita Eagle last week that they don't recall it as a settlement.

Kline's ad doesn't mention the ultimate outcome of either case, nor when they were filed, or the fact that Morrison didn't pay any damages.

Comments

Agnostick 7 years, 5 months ago

Good points, logicsound. If Summerlin knew she was going after Morrison, a public figure, with little more than actual malice... it would make sense for her to wrangle some sort of guarantee out of the mess she created. The links below might shed some light on things:

This is all speculatory, of course. Just like the ad Phillllllll is running.

Agnostick agnostick@excite.com

logicsound04 7 years, 5 months ago

"So now I learn that part of the Morrison "settlement" was agreement that he not counter sue the lady. Thats great, Mr Big County DA with deep pockets and lots of "friends" threatens the little lady."

What is your point Sengal? Since we're all making assumptions about what happened here... the woman probably realized she wasn't going to get anywhere and might risk exposing herself and so she agreed to drop the suit, but she wanted to assure herself that Morrison wouldn't sue her right back for character defamation. I don't quite see how the agreement not to countersue (if it even happened) would point towards any guilt on the part of Morrison. Can you clarify?

xenophonschild 7 years, 5 months ago

What Iraqi government? Some who post on this site seemingly ignore that there is no functioning government in Iraq. The country is spiraling toward civil war, and the "government" of al-Malkali can't stick their noses out of the green zone without being shot.

During the recent phone call the Iraqi "prime minister" made to Shrub, al-Malkali begged Shrub to guarantee his and his family's safety by having them brought to the U.S. - what no one asked was when this rescue was to occur. Figure it out.

Troops on the ground know the end is in sight; when the Shiite forces of al-Sadr begin attacking U.S. troops in strength, it will be all over.

Thanks, Shrub. You and Cheney and Halliburton and Kellog & Scott did a fine job trying to insure that American drivers always have access to $2.00 a gallon gas.

shadower 7 years, 5 months ago

senegal, could you provide some proof of what you said? It's a given, some lawyer will take any case for any reason. Fact is case was based on incident at bar, he said, she said. The case was thrown out twice. 15 years ago! Is Kline so desperate to get re-elected that he tries to make an issue of a non-issue? Seems like republican are seeing hand writing on wall.

Agnostick 7 years, 5 months ago

senegal: Any chance you have something substantial--link to a news story, court document etc.--to back up your claims of Morrison's countersuit?

Take your time... I won't be holding my breath or anything...

Agnostick agnostick@excite.com

Agnostick 7 years, 5 months ago

BigDog,

I'm guessing your omission of a link to substantiate your information was an "accident." I'm also guessing that your omission of further information regarding sexual harassment from the EEOC was also a (convenient) accident.

Here's the link, for anyone who wants to read more, and actually put it into context this time:

The following paragraphs are of particular interest:

"It is helpful for the victim to inform the harasser directly that the conduct is unwelcome and must stop. The victim should use any employer complant mechanism or grievance system available.

"When investigating allegations of sexual harassment, EEOC looks at the whole record: the circumstances, such as the nature of the sexual advances, and the context in which the alleged incidents occurred. A determination on the allegations is made from the facts on a case-by-case basis.

"Prevention is the best tool to eliminate sexual harassment in the workplace. Employers are encouraged to take steps necessary to prevent sexual harassment from occurring. They should clearly communicate to employees that sexual harassment will not be tolerated. They can do so by providing sexual harassment training to their employees and by establishing an effective complaint or grievance process and taking immediate and appropriate action when an employee complains."

I've attended a couple of sexual harassment workshops in my time. One thing that was noted in both instances is that a pattern has to be established. If Summerlin had actually told Morrison face-to-face that his comments were not appreciated, and then he continued... there would be a real problem. Based on the information in the article, and in the depositions, Morrison complimented her, and then apologized the next day.

Funny that theocrats are howling over Morrison's behavior, but when one of their own is caught in a similar quandry, the wronged woman is "just out for a sack of money":

Sherriene Jones' comment-- "They need to be aware of this behavior and consider that when they're voting for the next attorney general"--sounds eerily familiar:

"The people of Kansas have a right to know," she said. "They have a right to make an informed decision on August 6, and cannot do that when Kline refuses to divulge important information that only he can release."

How 'bout it, Phill? If Morrison shows his... will you show yours?

Agnostick agnostick@excite.com

P.S. BigDog... is that you, "bigdog?"

Tychoman 7 years, 5 months ago

Kline is a joke. He is out of here.

senegal66025 7 years, 5 months ago

So now I learn that part of the Morrison "settlement" was agreement that he not counter sue the lady. Thats great, Mr Big County DA with deep pockets and lots of "friends" threatens the little lady. Of course the Libs think this is ok because its what Bill did several times. It really doesnt matter who gets the AG job because in Kansas the AG doesnt do squat. 99% of the criminal prosecutions are done by the County Attorneys and DA's. So I really dont care who wins I just get a laugh remembering Vern Miller.

Tom Shewmon 7 years, 5 months ago

yourworstnightmare (I miss your old name)

Talent and McCaskill are too close for anyone to call and McCaskill is a a crook beyond the scope of the imagination. So Missouri, as always will be tight and Repubs and Dems alike will be puckered tighter than a snare drum on this one.

Missouri is always a benchmark for the "swing vote" factor.

High population 'inner-city' and a high population of rural bible thumpers.

yourworstnightmare 7 years, 5 months ago

I understand that Kline the Thespian has been put forth as a candidate by Johnson county republicans as Morrison's REPLACEMENT. Sometimes life is just beautiful...

holygrailale 7 years, 5 months ago

"Do I look all rancid and clotted?

You look at me, Jack. Eh? Look, eh?

And I drink a lot of water, you know.

I'm what you might call a water man, Jack - that's what I am.

And I can swear to you, my boy, swear to you, that there's nothing wrong with my bodily fluids. Not a thing, Jackie."

Tom Shewmon 7 years, 5 months ago

And I forgot to add, $600,000,000,000.00 can pay for a whole lot of intel and what?

Bombs.

That's right, you heard right, $600,000,000,000.00 for the country for the most exciting incindiary airborne device....Whoopeee!!! Look at 'er go!!

cheering

Here's your $600,000,000,000.00 bucks Iraq.

OH, now I can go home.

Home is where the heart is.

On the bus.

holygrailale 7 years, 5 months ago

Why do I suddenly have an irresistible urge to rent "Dr. Strangelove"???

HAHHAHAAHAHAAAHAHAAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I guess a better question is "Why don't you own it"???

americorps 7 years, 5 months ago

I really am enjoying seeing the fool pull his hair out for being exposed. I am glad he will loose, I just wish he wouldnt end up with a rich consulting job, but instead in the gutter where he belongs

yourworstnightmare 7 years, 5 months ago

When right-wing republicans get desperate, their devious, dishonest true colors show. First it is Kline's lesson in acting 101. Now it is Talent misattributing quotes to the KC Star, eliciting a demand from the KC Star to pull the ads (the quotes were made by McCaskill opponents in stories in the Star, but the talent campaign attributed them to the Star in the ad).

Pathetic. I smell right-wing losers going down in flames. Smells like buring chicken-hawk feathers.

Tom Shewmon 7 years, 5 months ago

Rep. don't want to cut n run. They want to the Iraqi gov. to quit d!cking around and get their act together.

The argument by Fox news is 'we cut and run and it sends a message'.

I say send the message. Let all hell break loose.

Then I have one word:

Bombs.

And lotsa them suckers.

Guess, what, that'll send a message.

We don't want your land, we don't to invade or occupy, we don't give a flying rats a&& about you Arabs, but DO NOT mess with us anymore.

Bombs. Lotsa bombs.

You wanna see their people turn on them so quick?

Bombs.

yourworstnightmare 7 years, 5 months ago

Come on. No one in the Bush admin ever said "Stay the course". That's just Bush-hatred, pure and simple.

I feel a holygrailale-esque laugh coming on....

HAHHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHHHAHAHAH

Bush (and Talent, and Ryun, and Roberts, and Brownback, etc) are all flip-floppers of the highest order. They might even be high-heeled flip-floppers.

It must suck to be Talent and Ryun, saying "I'm with the president, stay the course." all the while Bush is preparing a politically-expedient exit strategy (a political cut and run).

I must laugh again... Caps lock on...

HAHHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHA

ksmoderate 7 years, 5 months ago

Thanks, but I prefer beer. And yes, I will enjoy a nicely chilled Pabst Blue Ribbon upon returning home tonight!

holygrailale 7 years, 5 months ago

ksmoderate

"Is....Bush....a.....FLIP-FLOPPER?!?" --- ksmoderate

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA

You wash your mouth out........with a fine champagne.

May I recommend a Louis Roederer Cristal???

scenebooster 7 years, 5 months ago

"Mr. Booster, are you avoiding my argument with (typical) ad homenim tactics?"

Have forgotten all your tactics of yesterday? You've again shown that you are a hypocrite with little to no credibility.

"Almost on cue, you missed my clinton-lewinsky point entirely. Maybe someone can explain it to him? I'm growing tired of this."

Seems a little derogatory and demeaning, something I thought you were all about being against (unless you're not...can't seem to make up your mind, can you?).

I got the point-partisans aren't objective. Hey, thanks for that bit of insight! I believe that's what "partisan" means.

Here's the post I responded to:

"The Morrison (and Clinton, Kennedy, Berger, etc.) apologists on this board would be singing a different tune were the roles reversed in this case. No question."

Yes. VERY instructive. My point was only that you guys do it too. See? My other point was only that Kline is an idiot, and does not deserve re-election. His latest ad, with the fake Morrison VO, is deceptive.

As for addressing the argument, you've danced around it all day. I'll let you have the last word, as you hide behind your screen name (not to the public - that's understandable - but refusing to come clean about who you are to me by e-mail, well, that's just cowardly), since nothing anyone says can meet your standards of "credibility".

Phewww.

Shelby 7 years, 5 months ago

Mr. Booster, are you avoiding my argument with (typical) ad homenim tactics? I've made an acknowledgement of my heartless and derogatory comment. Have you of yours?

Finally, Scenester Soundsentirelyoriginal, how about addressing the argument?

OldEnuf2BYurDad 7 years, 5 months ago

Count me as one conservative who is not voting for Kline. When Clinton lied on camera about Monica, I yelled "He's too slimy to lead our country". Now, I'm saying the same thing about Kline. If we conservatives are going to take the moral high road, we need to be more willing to point the finger at "us" when appropriate. Kline is a political conservative, but not a man of honesty and character. I am not voting for anyone who is clearly that dishonest.

Defender 7 years, 5 months ago

senegal66025, you sure assume a lot of what you don't know, don't you? Typical rightwinger

ksmoderate 7 years, 5 months ago

Rightthinker:

Oh, the Republicans have been VERY clear over the last 2+ years. They said that they were staying the course and Dems want to cut and run. Even the Prez said that, until his ministry of information cued him to say that he (and the RNC) has never been stay the course (this past Sun. morning on ABC). This all smacks of 1984....something to the effect of "but we've always been at war with Eurasia."

Is....Bush....a.....FLIP-FLOPPER?!?

scenebooster 7 years, 5 months ago

"My complaint was, effectively, bi-partisan. However, the tone of it may have been skewed rightward, in response to the prevailing acerbic attitude of the lefties on this board. Lately, anyway."

This from the person who makes fun of women killed by domestic battery? Doesn't get much more acerbic than that.

As far as clinton-lewinsky, I seem to remember clinton getting nailed to the wall over a matter that really didn't have any effect on this country (please don't tell me your trust in the government was shaken by his little infidelity).

Tom Shewmon 7 years, 5 months ago

"By the way, the Bush Administration isn't "staying the course" anymore on Iraq. They are considering / accepting "benchmarks" for withdrawal."-Holygrailale

I see you're interpreting this "staying the course" in a way to suit your thinking. My understanding of what we're saying to the Iraqi government is: "Start carrying your own weight or we will consider pulling out of here". There is a difference beyond just semantics.

Obviously the supposition is when/if they DO start carrying their own weight, we're out of there anyway.

BigDog 7 years, 5 months ago

senegal66025

That's great. I've heard a few Vern Miller stories like that over the years.

And Bob Stephan stories too.

Shelby 7 years, 5 months ago

my point is that it's the same old story here....those who are unwaveringly supportive of the left (and, of course, the right) conveniently just can't seem to locate their principles when confronted with a similar situation that implicates a leftist (or rightwinger). Remember clinton-lewinsky? Do you think the respective political responses would have been identical with just party names switched, or not? This was my point. No objective observations are made by those who are biased, usually.

I never said this wasn't replicated by right-wingers. In fact, I e-nodded at your tangy (and accusatory) response to my observation. We all know Kline is being a complete moron by doing this. However, this type of ad is NOTHING NEW. EVERYONE has been doing this opportunism-in-the-form-of-campaigning forever. It would be hard to convince me, or anyone in their right mind, that someone like Paul Morrison would consider himself "above" such tactics. How can you accuse Kline of playing unfairly and at the same time keep a straight face? (i'm only assuming you're keeping a straight face when typing this stuff)

senegal66025 7 years, 5 months ago

Having been a county attorney under Vern Miller, Kline has a lot to learn when it comes to doing "Jaw Dropping" things. I belive Vern jumped out of a trunk once to make a bust. And in my county he gave out "Special Agent" badges to some of his friends and we had a great time with those when they flashed them at the highway patrol a time or two when they were drunk driving. So lets have a little perspective please.

yourworstnightmare 7 years, 5 months ago

Geez, how desperate must the Kline campaign be? In the end this type of attack ad will hurt Philllll much more than Morrison. It smacks of desperation and "last resorts".

scenebooster 7 years, 5 months ago

"again, you're missing my point."

Other than pointing out that it's hypocritical for you complain about apologists for the left when you fail to complain about apologists on the right, what exactly is your point?

It's pretty clear to everyone that Kline has overstepped with this one, no?

senegal66025 7 years, 5 months ago

Morrison was in position of power. The employee was not. Morrison was drinking. ( wonder if he drove home). Girl was offended. Person if position of power prevails. Female employee fired and can get no restitution. Now I know why Morrison ran as a democrat. If he had been a republican he would be tarred and feathered at this point by the libs. But since he switched its the female's fault ( she must be a liar) and Kline is bad for bringing it up

Godot 7 years, 5 months ago

Well, a sure vindication of Morris would be if he went home that night and told his wife about the unfortunate misinterpretation of his purely innocent compliment. Wonder if that was in the evidence that Morris never had a chance to present?

Shelby 7 years, 5 months ago

again, you're missing my point.

Shelby 7 years, 5 months ago

We've seen plenty, Scenester.

scenebooster 7 years, 5 months ago

Hmmm. We haven't seen any Bush or Kline apologists on these threads, have we?

Defender 7 years, 5 months ago

"Not really. There was no finding of guilt or innocence. Looks to me like a good-ole-boy thing going on here. The facts look to me like a woman was hit on by her boss, she turned him down, he fired her, then disparaged her.

Classic sexual harrassment."

Bullcrap, you're assuming a lot that you do not know. You have no point.

Souki 7 years, 5 months ago

Warning: This isn't about Kline and Morrison.

Several posters have suggested that we're in the Iraq fracas because the president wanted to wrap up his father's unfinished business.

I don't think that's so. The presidents Bush don't even seem to get on particularly well; it doesn't seem that GHWB particularly approves of much of what GWB has done. I think if GHWB had wanted to go after Hussein, he would have done so at the end of Gulf War I.

Perhaps, though, GWB is acting at his mother's behest.

jcantspell 7 years, 5 months ago

The amount of money spent on mud slinging is obscene May be politician should be jugged on the amount of volunteer work they do Then they would have less time to be bad Hear the campaign add I want to see Hi :.I've picked up trash in 1000 public parks I've volunteered 1000's of hours in rest home at the boys and girls club And home less shelters Vote for me

acg 7 years, 5 months ago

Wow, godot you actually believe Kline's nonsense? There's less hope for you than I had originally thought. Pity, really, that whole rectal/cranial inversion problem you have. I bet it's smelly in there. Smells kind of like....Phill Kline's latest attack ad?

biggunz 7 years, 5 months ago

politicians...when they ain't kissin' babies, they're stealin' their lollipops.

Shelby 7 years, 5 months ago

true dat, merrill, but 'twasn't my point.

Richard Heckler 7 years, 5 months ago

Why not send comments to letters@cjonline.com

As the devils advocate: How do we know in the case of Morrison the woman was not happy being rejected after her advances? Like it or not too many women are attracted to men in power,wealthy,recording artists,good looking men with fine bodies etc etc. The bottom line we have neither the court transcripts nor evidence before us.

Kline allowed his license to expire. Kline chose to witch hunt. Kline needs to go.

Godot 7 years, 5 months ago

"the LAW found Morrison not guilty. You have no point whatsoever, face it Bigdog."

Classic sexual harrassment.

Shelby 7 years, 5 months ago

Defender 7 years, 5 months ago

"Unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature constitutes sexual harassment when submission to or rejection of this conduct explicitly or implicitly affects an individual's employment, unreasonably interferes with an individual's work performance or creates an intimidating, hostile or offensive work environment."

And do you know what context this was said under? I am sure that the two times Morrison had to defend himself over this allegation, that this context was covered. Morrison was exonerated BY THE LAW. Which, in effect, means that what Morrison said was NOT sexual harrassment. Were you there when Morrison defended himself? No, you weren't. So although you can quote law all you like, the LAW found Morrison not guilty. You have no point whatsoever, face it Bigdog.

BigDog 7 years, 5 months ago

Posted by justsomewench on October 24, 2006 at 1:48 p.m.

"...telling a woman that works for you she looks attractive to you is sexual harrassment."

not necessarily. go back to the books, bigdog.

thank goodness none of you are running for AG. keep your dayjobs.

Well I went back to the books

The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission

Facts About Sexual Harassment Sexual harassment is a form of sex discrimination that violates Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

rhd99 7 years, 5 months ago

Phil Kline is a JOKE, only we're not laughing because Kansas continues to be smeared because of Kline & others who support his RIGHT WING NUT job extremist agenda! WE'VE HAD IT, KLINE! Celebrate now, cause the party is going to come to a crashing halt come November of this year, & in 2008!

BigDog 7 years, 5 months ago

oldgoof - you are correct that the AG doesn't pass laws but they play a heavy role at the Capitol in pushing issues that are key to them. All AG's advocate for the legislation that they want.

1) Penalties have been increased for sex offenders, drunk drivers, drug drealers, etc, over the last 3 sessions.

2) The AG along with Rocky Nichols (former Democratic House Member) pushed legislation this last session that creates a new division in the AG's office that reviews abuse, neglect and exploitation cases. This legislation he pushed is response to the Kaufman House case. Over the last several sessions he has pushed legislation to protect seniors and those with disabilities.

3) He did help push for Jessica's law. No he didn't pass it but all politicians take credit if they played any part ..... ie. Governor claiming education legislation. -

rhd99 7 years, 5 months ago

Let's get one thing straight! Kline had to use an actor to renact Mr. Morrison's voice! Come, ON! You got to be kidding me! Why couldn't Kline use Morrison's actual voice in the ad? I thought Kline was more creative than this! I am wrong! Kline has neither the creativity or credibility when fighting the the criminal low-lives that kill & murder innocent people & who have taken away Kansas Streets with their STINKEN METH LABS! Sadly, but truthfully those who voted Kline in are wrong as well. Kline's policies have driven Kansas BACKWARDS because of what kind of prosecution: ABORTION prosecution! Kline wants a fight, BRING IT ON KLINE! We the voters will bring you down at the ballot box, END OF LINE KLINE!

Laura Watkins 7 years, 5 months ago

Godot... watch the ad. It makes it seem as if she had tapes of Morrison saying these things to her.

bennyoates 7 years, 5 months ago

The only thing "jaw-dropping" about this ad is that people's jaws are dropping in response.

After all, it is a Republican we are talking about, and it is Republicans who attack their opponents' private lives, families, and very human foibles. It is Republicans who can be counted on to play the race card, the xenophobia card, the greed card, and the paranoia card.

It is the Republicans who look to Rush Limbaugh, Ann Coulter, and similar racists and hypocrites to sell their agenda.

In comparison to such vermin Phill Swine is actually rather tame. But it still will be more than sweet to see him defeated.

Richard Heckler 7 years, 5 months ago

Attorney General Phil Kline should resign immediately!

Where is AG Klines big money coming from that enables him to do as neocon republicans do so well? AG Kline cannot run on the issues and resorts to character assassination with complete disregard for Morrisons family. Obviously a man low on integrity and honest approaches.

The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission is not shy and chose not to pursue due to lack of substance. AG Phil Kline should resign immediately for practice unbecoming of an Attorney General.

Kontum1972 7 years, 5 months ago

desperate people do desperate things... e.g.,...ignoring intel that planes will be used as flying bombs....ignoring the advise of your Chief of Staff of the Army on the exact amount of troops it will take to secure Iraq then firing him....because it is not what they want to hear, ....people who use religion as their cover are in bed with the Devil themselves...God is not a Democrat, Republican, or an Independent....HITLER thought he was God....none of our presidents thougth they were God....except this" one that is in office NOW"....the term used the other day describing the President in a conference when he spoke was ....Messianic--(marked by idealism and an aggressive crusading spirit-a sense of historic mission)--NOW THATS SCARY!

oldgoof 7 years, 5 months ago

With all due respect, I too would ask Patriotman to substantiate how Kline has done a good job. My take on his 4 points

1) Increasing penalties? The Legislature and Governor do that. Not the AG. And it has been discussed here that the cumulative effect of several severe penalty increases enacted in the early 1990's created the spiraling-out-of-control increases in prison populations that created the need for sentencing tweaking with the passage of SB 323. Virtually all politicians are "tough on crime."

After seeing Klines attacks, others should now know why honest politicians tread lightly in making any adjustment to sentencing statutes.

2)Protecting those that can't protect themselves. This is just code-speak for the abortion issue. Yes, we all accept that Kline has gone to inordinate extremes in support of his position. But some of us see trolling in medical records without evidence of a crime as being George Orwell, not Joe Friday.

If Kline would come out and oppose currently accepted medical fertility practices (including IVF) I could intellectually accept (even though I would still disagree) with his pro-life political panderings.

3)Keeping the children safe. If this is about Jessica's law, again the AG does not pass laws. Legislators and the Governor were falling over each other this year to enact this. Any assertion that Klines support was pivotal or significant (which I have seen in Klines ads) in this soft-ball of a piece of legislation is totally hot air.

4)Consumer Protection. Give me a break. Klines own numbers show a precipitous decline in actions pursued in this division. Why do you think the state Chamber of Commerce is endorsing an AG candidate for the first time in record. It is not because of the abortion issue.

I am not sure the head of the consumer protection department, who in buying his own house, did not obtain inspections and thus had to file litigation against the seller.....is the kind of person who is competent to render consumer protection advice.

justsomewench 7 years, 5 months ago

not necessarily. go back to the books, bigdog.

thank goodness none of you are running for AG. keep your dayjobs.

kansan3486 7 years, 5 months ago

The ad is on Kline's website. Very deceptive -- but also poorly done and, in the final analysis, ineffective. He doesn't have the TV money at this late stage to air a series of ads that will hurt Morrison badly enough to swing the outcome.

Godot 7 years, 5 months ago

"To me, having an actor's voice reenact statements ALLEGEDLY attributed to Morrison without informing viewers that these were alleged statements and that the entire thing is a dramatization...that is not truthful."

Ummm, maybe they can tell that the guy in the ad is not really Morrison. I'm just guessing, of course, because I have not seen the ad.

This is another reason to subscribe to satellite and not watch the networks. You save yourself from having to watch local political ads.

Laura Watkins 7 years, 5 months ago

Not truthful?

BigDog 7 years, 5 months ago

I don't know how people can say the ad is not factual. Morrison is supposed to be an attorney. He should no as well as anyone that has even been to basic sexual harassment training, telling a woman that works for you she looks attractive to you is sexual harrassment. And in all the articles I've read he's admitted he said that to the woman.

So how is this ad not truthful?

Godot 7 years, 5 months ago

"Morrison acknowledged in a sworn statement in January 1992 only that he had told Summerlin she looked attractive. He wrote that he realized she took the comment the wrong way and he apologized the next day for the comment and "any misinterpretation she may have made."

The sign of a true, blue bully, a champion manipulator. Behave badly, then blame your victim. for "misinterpreting" your boorish behavior.

rhd99 7 years, 5 months ago

Kline has conducted prosecutions, FOR WHAT!? He calls abortion clinic doctors CRIMINALS?! What did Kline do to John E. Robinson, Richard Grissom?! NOTHING! What has Kline done to convict violent MURDERERS?! NOTHING! Paul Morrison put the murderers AWAY! Kline is on a fishing expedition so he can push his ANTI-American abortion ban plan into action! He wants to protect life?! Why is he against women committing to an abortion if their pregnancies could ENDANGER THEIR LIVES! You want to talk about hypocrites? Look in the visual dictionary & there he is: PHIL KLINE! BYE BYE KLINE! Don't let the door hit your six on the way out!

macon47 7 years, 5 months ago

Phill Kline has done an admirable job.' he just enjoys reading files about teenage girls sex lives, no problem , a vote against kline is a vote for morrison. morrison will win by default. (de fault of kline, ha ha)

Patriotman 7 years, 5 months ago

Agnositck

expected you to resort to namecalling.

didn't ask you to buy. My opinion is plain as day. I believe morrison. I don't support morrison but I believe he did not commit the harassment he is accused of.

Employees that get FIRED often have a grudge because they don't accept their own anti-social behavior.

Phill Kline has done an admirable job.

justthefacts 7 years, 5 months ago

For those who do not like or approve of mud-slinging campaigns, please vote that way (i.e. do not vote for any politicians using that tactic).

Wait; that would mean we can't vote for anyone. Because the sad truth (or funny truth; the above two posts on national party conventions shows the lighter side) is that all candidates do it to some degree. Why is that?

Because, I surmise, because the voters like it or at least aren't too turned off by it to "punish" those who do it by withdrawing support.

The tactic of attack attack attack must be working - or no one would do it. We're addicted to watching others being ugly; look at the TV reality shows, the sales of scandal magazines, the gossip and hatefulness on forums such as this.

As much as we/I deplore the use of attack ads, they're more and more common. For a reason. It's what the public responds to best. It's what the majority want to see.

The days of civil debate and/or reasoned disagreement are over. Until/unless we start electing and listening to the folks who do not "play" the game.

Agnostick 7 years, 5 months ago

Patriotman parrots:

"During his first term Attorney General Phill Kline has achieved significant achievements in the following areas:

"Fighting Crime and Toughening Penalties"

I can see "fighting crime"... but what penalties have been toughened, and how?

"Protecting those who can not protect themselves"

Are you referring to the elderly here? What has Phill Kline done, specifically, to protect the elderly, the physically-challenged, those with mental disorders?

"Keeping the Children of Kansas Safe"

Safe from who? From what? Good parents do this every day.

"Standing up for Kansas Consumers from those who would cheat"

Nothing terribly new here. Kline just continued the good system left behind by Carla Stovall. But why put someone with little or no background in consumer issues, in charge of the consumer protection division?

Nice try, P-man... but I'm not buying.

Agnostick agnostick@excite.com

cork_dork 7 years, 5 months ago

We all know that Phil loves to dig into peoples lives (and confidential doctor's records), so I'm not surprised that he did this to Morrison, but lets get real! How in the world can a right wing conservative who believes in things like FAMILY VALUES put up with the mud slinging that is going on????? Take about being hypocritical!

This sleazy idiot not only needs to be kicked out of office, I'm sure with enough digging he probably has a few crimes in his past he could be convicted of!

Patriotman 7 years, 5 months ago

Interesting.

I believe Morrison.

When someone gets fired it is almost always for a good reason. Just a personal estimate but I'd say 99.9 percent of those fired were fired because they lied on their resume or lied to their supervisors.

The woman in question probably brought up the law suit because out of denial. I've read where liars have no shame and a streak of cowardice. Anonymous complaints and such are one of many tactics that are employed by lying cowards. Not saying the woman in question is such, just my observation.

overall Kline doesn't know for sure.

Fighting Crime and Toughening Penalties Protecting those who can not protect themselves Keeping the Children of Kansas Safe Standing up for Kansas Consumers from those who would cheat

couranna1 7 years, 5 months ago

Is it mudslinging if you tell the truth? kline will lose this election and he will go down using whatever he thinks he can to get elected He is an unethical jerk to the point where his own people leaked stuff against him DA's in Wichita spoke out against him. He is a loser who got into politics and is too stupid to be able to stay in. Maybe cheney will hire him to clean his guns and spout rhetoric. As for bush he got us involved in a war through lies and deceit and it has come back to bite him on the ass. He will find out what a lot of americans know this was a war we should not have started and yes it was fulfilling daddy's vision and it has not worked nor will it meanwhile people not just americans are dying to stabilize a country we said threatened us and they did not OBL would be proud We did for him what they would've done They hated Saddam worse than us and we got rid of him and opened a door Who can blame them for walking thru

Rationalanimal 7 years, 5 months ago

And history tells us the Salem witch hunts ended.

There's so much rabid foaming on here its hard to see through to the black ink.

acg 7 years, 5 months ago

badger you're so right. In digging around in Morrison's background, hoping for a skeleton or two that can be exposed this is the best that idiot Kline could come up with? Pretty lame, Phill, and going to be your undoing, because anyone with two brain cells to rub together is going to see that for what it is. A last ditch effort to save your a$$!

bobberboy 7 years, 5 months ago

Kline sucks. Carla says vote for the other guy. So that's good enough for me.

badger 7 years, 5 months ago

Wow.

Just...wow.

All sleaziness aside, I fail to see how anyone could want an Attorney General who can't seem to grasp that fifteen-year-old allegations of which someone was cleared aren't exactly pertinent or relevant. It burns me that some people might actually look at an ad like this and decide that "Where there's smoke there's fire," and so vote for Kline.

I think my response would be, "Well, if Kline will stoop this low, he'll stoop as low as he has to and take every shot he can. Knowing that, and knowing that he's now reduced to fifteen-year-old unproven allegations, it makes me think that Morrison must actually be reasonably clean, because if there was anything of actual substance, or anything more recent, you can be sure Kline would have taken that shot."

That man has no shame, no sense, and no honor.

Calliope877 7 years, 5 months ago

I don't like Kline or Morrison.

Kine is an idiot, but I've actually had to talk to Morrison on occasion over the phone when I worked at the KBI. Morrison is an egotistical prick...but I guess that's a qualification for most people in politics.

I'm not sure who to vote for.:(

bennyoates 7 years, 5 months ago

Phill Swine is a loser now and will be a bigger loser in November.

The same should be said for macon47.

I'll drink to that even though I'm not Ted Kennedy.

holygrailale 7 years, 5 months ago

nbnozzy is right, of course.

Apologies.

holygrailale 7 years, 5 months ago

Agnostick

Saddam Hussein a bad guy??? No question.

Ironically, Usama Bin Laden also hated the guy.

=======================================

He's a bad guy but I can't help but feel sorry for the guy.

Hate him for what he's really done, not disingenuously for something he hasn't done.

=======================================

Was he a bad guy because he had three groups ( Sunnis / Shia / Kurds ) fighting amongst each other that he had to keep a lid on (What we are dealing with now, for instance)???

Perhaps.

How would Bush have handled such internal politics had he been in Saddam's place???

Would he have used the military to kill Iraqis........

Oh, wait, that's what Bush is doing now.

=======================================

Were the United Nations sanctions working during the Nineties???

In hindsight, it appears that they were. Not as sexy as a CNN filmed air attack but effective.

=======================================

Was support of Saddam Hussein necessary in the Eighties???

No, if we had established a relationship with the democratically elected government of Iran in the Fifties, we wouldn't have had to support the Shah and then deal with the Islamic rebellion of the Seventies by declaring war on Iran using Iraq as a proxy.

American policy in the Middle East has been a series of screwups for half a century. This Administration is only the latest and worst.

He fought Iran for us. Good guy / bad guy, we turned on one of our allies and the Middle East doesn't forget stuff like that (or think highly of us) when we do stuff like that.

Fred Whitehead Jr. 7 years, 5 months ago

Hey Folks, this blog is about Philly Cheapshot, not the shrub. Bang Bush on his own news reports. Heysoos, I love your post. Really illustrates a lot about the radical right. But lets not insult our great glorious leader Kim Jung, uh....Dumbya. Kline is far worse. Shrub can invade countires he and his buddies don't like. Kline can invade your life and privacy and is accorded the power to do so by the idiots that elected him. Let's keep focus hee. The real enemy is in office and seeking to return. That should be a clarion call to all who love freedom, justice and the rule of law, not a ruler with laws he feels are his to use and abuse those who he does not like or does not fit into his sermons. Dump Kline, NOW!

from_beautiful_downtown_topeka 7 years, 5 months ago

"jaw dropper"

That's funny. I once saw a porno flick entitled "Jaw Dropper".

..........or was it "Jaw Breaker"?

I forget. It was a.....Ahem!......"long" time ago.

nbnozzy 7 years, 5 months ago

can we keep this on topic and keep Bush and Ted Kennedy out of this? It's about Phil Kline and Paul Morrison.

logrithmic 7 years, 5 months ago

The War on Terror is simply another name for the War on the Constitution and the American People.

The War on Terror is a lie. War cannot be implemented against an action.

The War on Terror is simply a disguise to bolster the profits of the defense industry and protect the oil wealth of the Saudis and Bush crime families.

holygrailale 7 years, 5 months ago

The terrorists can rightfully claim innocence in degrading the United States Constitution.

The Bush Administration has done more damage to the United States Constitution than any terrorist.

The actions of the Bush Administation have carried out the desires of the terrorists far beyond the wildest dreams of the terrrorists.

When America isn't America anymore, the terrorists have completed their task. They don't have to do a damn thing at this point. The Bush Administration has done it for them.

Agnostick 7 years, 5 months ago

holygrailale...

Overall, getting Sadam out of power was a good thing.

It is NOT good strategy, however, to get caught up in Iraq while Bin Laden continues to run around and drop off weekly videos to Al Jazeera.

A well-planned, well-executed WOT is a good thing.

A poorly-planned, poorly-executed WOT is a bad thing.

Agnostick agnostick@excite.com

logrithmic 7 years, 5 months ago

How America can put up with the rightwing lies proves the complicity of the "rightwing corporate media as Bush house organ" in all of this...

One thing that should be remembered about the resolution to invade Iraq: The Bush crime family used it to justify all the repressive and illegal acts it has since initiated, claiming falsely that it gave them the right to imprison Americans without bringing charges (Jose Padilla), torture Americans being detained while never having to prove their guilt in a court of law (Jose Padilla), eavesdrop and wiretap all Americans without warrants, search the homes of Americans without warrants, and do away with habeus corpus, that is, the right for Americans to challenge their detention in court. All of these illegal acts will form the basis of impeachment once the Democrats get in power.

Additionally, the Bush crime family fought against the 9-11 commission (even though Bush later recanted and appointed his own set of commissioners, he would not testify under oath to HIS commission, allow a transcript of his comments to HIS commission, and would only give testimony if Dick Cheney were in the room with him), a commission that the FAA, the Defense department, and Condelezza Rice have all admitted they lied to - where's Ken Starr when you need him????

And we also know, as holygraile pointed out, the Bush rationale for war was a lie too. These lies - fixing the evidence around the policy - will also help to chimpeach Bush. I look forward to the hearings.

So many are against this war, and the numbers have only grown over the last 3.5 years. Those of us against it to begin with should feel good that we were out in front of the crowd on this one. But now the crowd is with us! YEAH!

rhd99 7 years, 5 months ago

I'd like to drop Kline's jaw, so-called Religious RIGHT-WING NUT! OUT WITH YOU KLINE! Folks, November is just around the corner, Let's get out there & bring our friends with us & VOTE KLINE out of office!

Agnostick 7 years, 5 months ago

"FYI, Macon's agenda comes directly from one of those forwarded e-mails we all despise. Give the anonymous author whatever little credit or blame it deserves."

Tons of that crap can be found over in "Freeperland" and "DU"...

Agnostick agnostick@excite.com

nbnozzy 7 years, 5 months ago

is anyone who reads this forum going to vote for Phil? I'm not. I will proudly cast my vote for Morrison on election day.

holygrailale 7 years, 5 months ago

right_thinker

Oh, and Saddam Hussein had nothing to do with 9-11 or the people who did 9-11.

Thought you'd want to know. That's very old news.

Saddam Hussein was barely keeping Iran out of Iraq after a decade of "worthless" United Nations sanctions that drove the infrastructure down to the point where people started dying, dying so that ill-informed conservatives like you could disingenuously blame the deaths on Bill Clinton.

leapinlemur 7 years, 5 months ago

logrithmic 7 years, 5 months ago

New bumper sticker:

Cut and Run or Stay and Die....

holygrailale 7 years, 5 months ago

right_thinker

You really ought to read The Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq Resolution of 2002 (Public law 107-243, 116 Stat. 1497-1502) sometime. It's the rationale set forth by the Bush Administration for the invasion of Iraq.

Most, if not all, of the reasons listed there have been debunked.

"Kill my Daddy" was paragraph 9.

=======================================

That is a protocol that the Bush Administration previously called "cut and run" 18 months ago when Democrats suggested it.

HAAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHHAAHAHAHA

prioress 7 years, 5 months ago

Oh, and I forgot the cop in the bedroom....

And, the one in the bedroom will take still pics and videos (if he can keep both his hands on the camera) and email them to Rep Foley, Newtie, "Almost speaker" Livingston, etc. so they can have new screensavers...........

Moira 7 years, 5 months ago

The sad thing is these types of political ads work.

logrithmic 7 years, 5 months ago

The only place rightwingers will draw a cop-free line around is Washington D.C., where there won't be any cops, just soldiers protecting the Bush crime family and its no-bid contracts, illegal wiretapping and eavesdropping, and its torture and detaining of American citizens.

Meanwhile, that moron country singer will be piped on loudspeakers in front of the White House moaning - "I'm proud to be an American...." And the White House itself will be draped in a gigantic American Flag (which will also function as a missle defense shield)....

logrithmic 7 years, 5 months ago

Oh, and I forgot the cop in the bedroom....

logrithmic 7 years, 5 months ago

Yes, the rightwing believes its necessary to shred our Constitution, the very basis of our government written by our founding fathers, in order to "protect us."

As I've said before, they rightwing won't be happy until we have cops sitting in every living room and watching every move we make and every email we send and every website we visit, all in the name of protecting us from ourselves. What fools....

Tom Shewmon 7 years, 5 months ago

I think you're wrong, Holygrail. Right now, again, we see one of the named "Axis of Evil" countries trying our patience and ignoring the worthless UN.

Are you positive Bush went into Iraq because of his Daddy, or oil, or for whatever reason other than the guy was a madman? Do you know what Saddam would have done by now, five years after 9-11? He was asking for it--he got it, now it's a tough uphill battle--and we're looking at the other two "members" of the A/E stirring up the pot.

You just hate W, Holygrail. Try to put things in a little more perspective.

holygrailale 7 years, 5 months ago

right_thinker

How well do you think we'll be defended if we invade countries (and waste our resources and soldiers) for no other reason than to avenge an assassination attempt on "Daddy"????

How much do we have left in the tank after "Bush's Folly"???

ForThePeople 7 years, 5 months ago

I haven't seen the commercial yet....but this is just going too far. When does the mud-slinging stop and the focus on who's actually the most qualified begin?

frankzappa 7 years, 5 months ago

i used to say, Phill Kline : the Extra "L" Stands for LOSER

Now, i must say, Phill Kline : the Extra "L" Stands for LUNATIC

Linda Endicott 7 years, 5 months ago

Might I remind you, Macon, that the sexual harrassment accusation against Morrison was investigated at the time, and it was totally UNFOUNDED. He was totally CLEARED.

But Kline did actually send such an e-mail, and he didn't even deny it.

So, it doesn't matter how Kline conducts himself, as long as no one in the Republican party leaks it, and makes his despicable behavior public knowledge?

007 7 years, 5 months ago

"I love my wife and kids and all but i want to ## you." I love it. You sorry fools, Phill may be bad but you want to vote for this genius. I love it.

Tom Shewmon 7 years, 5 months ago

Scenebooster, Dems (in leadership roles I'm referring) I don't really believe hate America/ love Osama, they just simply do not understand what it takes to protect America, leading some to ponder that they at least loathe the military and reflect upon their true motivations as a politician.

scenebooster 7 years, 5 months ago

Macon, the difference between the two is that yours was made up (Dems hate America, love Osama, etc.), while heysoos' hit your party pretty head-on (scared of gays & sex, evolutions, statue boobies, hollywood, etc.).

Tom Shewmon 7 years, 5 months ago

macon47, Kerry and Gore can't be too boring (for Dems that is) they are still swirling around in the vacuum for '08.

That's all they got? Hilarious!

acg 7 years, 5 months ago

heysoos that killed me. Especially the Limbaugh snorting Doan's. I almost fell out of my chair!

macon47 7 years, 5 months ago

The republican agenda was ok, but pretty boring compared to the dems. boring like kerry and gore

prioress 7 years, 5 months ago

face it folks, both parties are trash they are all crooks, they do not love you they want your MONEY ======= A kernel of truth here, but they are allowed to behave in this manner because the sheeple choose to be lied to; as Jack Nicholson said, "You can't handle the truth." Start with the 70 or so TRILLION in unfunded liabilities we are leaving to our children/grandchildren/great-grandchildren, etc............

promitida 7 years, 5 months ago

"desperate and sleazy..." haha sounds like Phil in NUTshell.

heysoos 7 years, 5 months ago

Someone e-mailed this to me before the 2004 National Conventions:

Republican National Convention Agenda

6:00 PM Opening Prayer led by the Reverend Jerry Fallwell

6:30 PM Burning of Bill of Rights (excluding 2nd amendment)

6:45 PM Salute to the Coalition of the Willing

6:46 PM Seminar #1: Iraq Stratergies-Voodoo/DooDoo WMD

7:30 PM First Presidential Beer Bong

7:35 PM Serve Freedom Fries

7:40 PM EPA Address #1: Mercury-It's what's for dinner!

8:00 PM Vote on which country to invade next

8:10 PM Call EMTs to revive Rush Limbaugh

8:15 PM John Ashcroft Lecture: The Homos are after your Children!!

8:25PM - Rush Limbaugh crushes and snorts 14 Doan's Back Pills.

8:30 PM Round table discussion on reproductive rights (MEN only)

8:50 PM Seminar #2 Corporations: The Government of the Future

9:00PM - Ceremonial Outing of 12 closeted Gay delegates - followed by tarring and feathering. Refreshments will be served.

9:05 PM Second Presidential Beer Bong

9:10 PM EPA Address #2. Trees: The Real Cause of Forest Fires

9:30 PM Break for secret meetings

10:00PM - Wrapping oneself in the flag ceremony.

10:15 PM Lecture by Karl Rove: Doublespeak made easy

10:30 PM Rumsfeld demonstration of how to squint and talk macho

10:35 PM Bush demonstration of trademark "deer in headlights" stare

10:40 PM John Ashcroft demonstrates new mandatory Kevlar chastity belt

10:45 PM Clarence Thomas reads list of black republicans

10:46 PM Pledge of Allegiance to Profit over People.

10:50 PM Seminar #3. Education: A Drain on our Nation's Economy

11:10 PM Hilary Clinton Piñata

11:20 PM Second Lecture by John Ashcroft: Evolutionists: The Dangerous New Cult

11:30 PM Call EMTs to revive Rush Limbaugh again.

11:35 PM Blame Clinton

11:40 PM Blame Hollywood

11:50 PM Blame the press

11:59PM - Bill O'Reilly presents the head of Osama bin Laden on a stick. - Oops! Sorry it's actually a wax replica - Retraction ordered to be aired once at 4:52AM:

12:00 PM Closing prayer led by Jesus himself

macon47 7 years, 5 months ago

scenebooster 7 years, 5 months ago

macon, I have to admit that I chuckled at Bill asking Ted to drive Hillary home, but please remember that the door swings both ways. There are a lot of one-liners to be had at the expense of the GOP.

Something along the lines of republicans and underage boys...

cutny 7 years, 5 months ago

Geez Macon, are you off your meds? Do you stand for anything or just hate everything?

You don't shop at Wal-Mart but yet you slander people who do not want another one built.

You didn't vote for Kline, yet constantly bash the party that is running against him.

Do you have any moral or political convictions or can you just not process the thoughts that come into and out of your head. Seriously, why are you so bitter? What's wrong with you?

BigDog 7 years, 5 months ago

I guess a little mud in return is not okay for the Dems. Remember almost all of Morrison's ads have been mudslinging ads; ads which were on the air far before Kline ever ran a TV ad. Remember if you are big enough to sling the mud, you ought to be big enough to expect some in return without whining.

Unfortunately this is what politics has become.

ladysilk 7 years, 5 months ago

Macon, That agenda has got to be one of the funniest things I have ever read!

BTW...Phil Kline needs an enema

betti81 7 years, 5 months ago

I saw the ad this morning and almost spit out my coffee. It is such a desperate grasp for the edge of the cliff that it is almost laughable. Almost because unfortunately some people will buy into the ad.

yuck. Philly makes me wanna puke. He is the whole reason I took off early yesterday to make sure I was registered to vote here. November 7th, they all fall down.

jonas 7 years, 5 months ago

Ted Kennedy proposes a toast!

Chuckle.

Tom Shewmon 7 years, 5 months ago

macon47, your 8:11 is a classic!!

ksmoderate, your response is very hilarious too!

See how much fun this forum can be!?

Yeah, the mud is a slingin' ---coast to coast!

God bless our politicians!

The_Original_Bob 7 years, 5 months ago

If you ignore Macon, he goes away.

My mom lives out West still and said one of the Wichita stations pulled the ad.

prioress 7 years, 5 months ago

It is unlikely that this ad is getting the negative press in the West that it is getting here, and Kline will probably carry it again.

How right you are; if the sheeple West of Salina can elect Connie Morris, they can stomach Little Phill.

ksmoderate 7 years, 5 months ago

Macon, what does that steamy pile you call a post have to do with this thread?

context 7 years, 5 months ago

I just find it revolting that Kline's in office right now, and that he's our state's chief law enforcement attorney ... where evidence matters!

My first recall of the depths to which Kline would go is his campaign against Dennis Moore several years back. Kline reviewed positions Moore had taken as a defense attorney and twisted them to pretend that the legal positions were Moore's personal view. I guess once Kline got a taste for scumbag politics, he couldn't let it go. And, I have to echo the sentiment from other comments: Phill Kline would pretend he's speaking from the moral high ground ... I think not.

macon47 7 years, 5 months ago

Agenda for the Democratic National Convention for 2008:

7:00 P.M. Opening flag burning.

7:15 P.M. Pledge of allegiance to U.N.

7:30 P.M. Ted Kennedy proposes a toast

7:30 till 8:00 P.M. Nonreligious prayer and worship. Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton.

8:00 P.M. Ted Kennedy proposes a toast.

8:05 P.M. Ceremonial tree hugging.

8:15- 8:30 P.M. Gay Wedding-- Barney Frank Presiding.

8:30 P.M. Ted Kennedy proposes a toast.

8:35 P.M. Free Saddam Rally. Cindy Sheehan-- Susan Sarandon.

9:00 P.M. Keynote speech. The proper etiquette for surrender-- French President Jacques Chirac

9:15 P.M. Ted Kennedy proposes a toast.

9:20 P.M. Collection to benefit Osama Bin Laden kidney transplant fund

9:30 P.M. Unveiling of plan to free freedom fighters from Guantanamo Bay .. Sean Penn

9:40 P.M. Why I hate the Military, A short talk by William Jefferson Clinton

9:45 P.M. Ted Kennedy proposes a toast

9:50 P.M. Dan Rather presented the Truth in Broadcasting award, by Michael Moore

9:55 P.M., Ted Kennedy proposes a toast

10:00 P.M. How George W. Bush and Donald Rumsfeld brought down the World Trade Center Towers-- Howard Dean

10:30 P.M. Nomination of Hillary Rodham Clinton by Mahmud Ahnadinejad

11:00 P.M. Ted Kennedy proposes a toast

11:05 P.M. Al Gore reinvents Internet

11:15 P.M. Our Troops are War criminals-- John Kerry

11:30 P.M. Coronation Of Ms. Rodham Clinton

12:00 A.M. Ted Kennedy proposes a toast

12:05 A.M. Bill asks Ted to drive Hillary home.

SpeedRacer 7 years, 5 months ago

prioress 7 years, 5 months ago

How Christian of little Phill (as they used to call him in the House of Reps.) The TEACHER would not be pleased.

trinity 7 years, 5 months ago

i happened to hear that ad this morning while i was getting ready for work. and yes my jaw dropped. i am afraid phill is just over the edge nutso! it's beginning to show in his eyes, i think. just look at his demeanor and affect in his live shots.

and my dear free bud lite friend, if you're reading-you're SO right, you&i BOTH pegged it last wednesday nite! :)

BigAl 7 years, 5 months ago

macon47... sorry but that bit from the churches pales in comparison to this attack from Phil. (One difference is that the church situation was TRUE) By the way, NO ONE blamed George Bush. The blame game is pretty much part of the Republican platform: 1. Blame Clinton 2. Blame Hollywood 3. Blame the press

willie_wildcat 7 years, 5 months ago

It does not surprise me about this ad one bit. Kline is soooo desperate that he is resorting to tactics such as this. It is also sad that people like macon will actually still vote for this scumbag. Guess some people cannot think outside the box huh?

DaREEKKU 7 years, 5 months ago

Republicans get away with murder in this country. Had any of the recent events, including those of Kline, been committed by a more liberal Independant or a Democrat the crucifix would have been up one day later.

Fred Whitehead Jr. 7 years, 5 months ago

"Sleasy leak???? When an elected official walks into a church, a public place, and preaches a sermon, a very public event, this constitutes a "sleazy leak"????? Let me get my dictionary, I think that this event qualifies as "public knowledge".

jonas 7 years, 5 months ago

Hmmmm. . . what wonder Macon would have said had it been a liberal or democrat doing this? Much more colorful, I would imagine.

macon47 7 years, 5 months ago

i voted early, and i didnt vote for phil, but did everyone forget about the sleazy leak on phil about the email on raising funds from chuches and their members? who do you think orchestrated that tidbit? we cant blame george bush for that one.

Baille 7 years, 5 months ago

Words come easy, but true character reveals itself through a lifetime of actions. Phill may know how to give a good sermon, but his actions over these past four weeks show that he has absolutely no character.

Obviously, I am no phann of Phill, but I am shocked at the depths to whcih he has sunk and the speed with which he has gotten there.

Fred Whitehead Jr. 7 years, 5 months ago

If this deplorable act doesn't convince the voters what a disgusting, debauched, unprincipled, unethical, unfit, vicious, degraded individual that Phill Kline is, and prove his unsuitability to hold public office, then I do not know what it takes to wake up the slumbering idiots who voted for him the first time. Let's get this dolt out of this office and get a person who has some credentials, some respectability, and some qualifications for this important office and send Phill Kline to the scrap heap of has-been political hacks.

oldgoof 7 years, 5 months ago

I've said it before and I'll say it again... .. Kline's chutzpah knows no bounds. .. And when the facts aren't on your side, turn to sexual inuendo. .. The ad by itself is a reason not to elect this person to any public office.