Archive for Monday, November 6, 2006

Clinic attorneys seek investigation of Kline

A Kline spokeswoman called the request to the Kansas Supreme Court “a political ploy”

November 6, 2006

— Two abortion clinics asked the state's highest court Monday to investigate Attorney General Phill Kline and Fox Television's Bill O'Reilly over O'Reilly's statements that he had obtained information from Kansas abortion records.

A Kline spokeswoman called the request to the Kansas Supreme Court "a political ploy."

The request came from Dr. George Tiller and his Wichita clinic and a clinic operated in Overland Park by Planned Parenthood of Kansas and Mid-Missouri.

Their attorneys also asked the court to seize the records of 90 patients from the two clinics. Kline, an abortion opponent, obtained edited versions of those Oct. 24 from a district court judge after a two-year legal battle with the clinics.

The court's appointing a special prosecutor would be unprecedented. There is no record of the court ever appointing one before, spokesman Ron Keefover said.

The clinics' attorneys want O'Reilly investigated because they fear his information came from the records turned over to Kline. On Friday night's "The O'Reilly Factor" the host said an inside source gave information that Tiller performed late-term abortions because patients were depressed, which he called "executing babies."

Comments

Lifesupport 7 years, 5 months ago

rhd99, I value all human life but do not value one over another. I respect both without discrimination. I support stem cell research that helps those who are suffering but not at the expense of embryos. I support science that is ethically responsible. Adult and umbilical cord stem cells are already treating 65 diseases and saving lives.

Lifesupport 7 years, 5 months ago

holygraileale, You do not know me very well. Anyone who knows me in person knows I support many causes and practice what I preach.

Actually, I am interested in the life of fetus before conception as well as all children post-conception. I have a job working with children and a degree in child development. I belong to organizations that fight for the rights of children and advocate for their needs. I have also raised my own children.

A woman's right to choose is if and when to have sex. I believe that children should have a comprehensive sex education. They should learn anatomy, physiology, types of birth control and their failure rates, abortion and its consequences, sexually transmitted diseases, the dynamics of healthy dating and relationships, fetal and child development, and positive parenting methods. They should also be told that someone who is not ready for the possibility of pregnancy/parenthood is not ready for a sexual relationship. In light of all that, I think the current state of sex education in this country is woefully inadequate.

If you read my posts with an open mind, you would see there is a lot more to them than "hysterical you're a baby killer rhetoric.

Kathy Getto 7 years, 5 months ago

HGA:

It's okay - you are allowed.

holygrailale 7 years, 5 months ago

Valkyrie_of_Reason

Okay, so I made a mistake.

HHAHHAAHAAHAAHAAHAHAAAHAAHAAHAAAAAHHAHAHAH

Kathy Getto 7 years, 5 months ago

HGA:

"Don't blink. Phill Kline's career in law is over."

He had a career in law? You mean, like practicing in a courtroom, in front of a judge, with a viable license?

HA HA

rhd99 7 years, 5 months ago

No, lifesupport, your arguments are invalid, how can you say for certain that you value Michael J. Fox & his life when you won't support stem cell research to cure his ailment, Parkinson's disease? Phill Kline is the one who is the extremist because his whole issue with partial birth abortions is one thing, but when he & his supporters (you, for one) say you want to protect human life(the fetus) yet you will not support stem cell research & find the cures for deadly diseases like Michael J. Fox's, you are the ones playing this dangerous game with other people's lives, therefore you are the extremists. Sweet dreams!

holygrailale 7 years, 5 months ago

Lifesupport

"Therefore, it is not permissible to kill them even in the hope of obtaining some good. We cannot do evil in order to bring about good." ------ Lifesupport

======================

Wish I could believe you actually believe that and carry it out in practice but I have the suspicion that this is merely your particular political hot button issue.

I think you don't become interested in the life of the fetus until conception and lose interest five minutes after the child is born.

Sorry, it takes more than hysterical "you're a baby killer" rhetoric to persuade.

The demographics of unplanned / unintentional / forced pregnancy indicate that prevention is where you should place your efforts. Your focus on preserving the product of rape will do very little to halt the process by which the child is conceived.

Lifesupport 7 years, 5 months ago

"Maybe if Bible Thumping KLINE would mind his OWN BUSINESS, none of this would happen. KLINE says in his books, abortions are ILLEGAL. Well, Kline, THINK AGAIN! You & your extremist religious right nut jobs need to THINK more & talk less. You want to save lives, KLINE, making abortions illegal WITHOUT considering the dangers to the health of a pregnant mother-to-be is IMMORAL & reprehensible." --- rhd99

You're saying pro-lifers will be responsible for pregnant women dying or being injured if abortion becomes illegal. In other words, the abortionist who performed the illegal substandard act or the person who coerced the woman into getting an abortion aren't guilty of any wrongdoing. Thus, it is totally the pro-lifers' fault because we don't want babies to be butchered. I have news for you -- Pro-life people don't perform abortions. We do not force people to obtain abortions. We offer shelter and care to women in crisis situations. The only ones who butcher pregnant women during an abortion is someone who is pro-choice.

"You Bible thumpers have also something going against you, Stem Cell research. You say you want to protect human life, then why are you all linking Stem Cell Research with cloning. There is NO such evidence, NONE!" --- rhd99

The same scientific process, somatic cell nuclear transfer, is used in both. The difference is that the developing embryo is implanted into the uterus. That is called reproductive cloning. In embryonic stem cell research, the stem cells are extracted before day 14. This destroys the embryo, and it is not implanted to keep growing. To say it is not cloning is accomplished by changing the definition of cloning to only the reproductive model.

We are not opposed to adult and umbilical cord stem cell research and therapy whatsoever. One of the largest cord blood banks is a Catholic children's hospital in St. Louis.

Embryonic stem cell research has been going on since the 1960s and in animal studies. There is no prohibition against using private dollars for this research. It has not yet produced any promising cures. Tumors have resulted though and the South Koreans were disgraced by some unethical practices.

Because the difference between a blastocyst and an infant or between a blastocyst an adult is only one of degree of development and not of essence, blastocysts must be afforded the legal protection due to any human being. Therefore, it is not permissible to kill them even in the hope of obtaining some good. We cannot do evil in order to bring about good.

Your rant, rhd99, without real analysis of the issue makes you look like the extremist one.

holygrailale 7 years, 5 months ago

Yeah, now he will have a reason other than apathy.

Tychoman 7 years, 5 months ago

"Phill Kline's career in law is over."

Especially since he let his practice license expire out of sheer laziness and irresponsibility.

holygrailale 7 years, 5 months ago

Baille

Yep, as usual, both you and Jamesaust have the situation assessed correctly on the Contempt of Court front.

Not only does Kline have an IRS investigation to deal with, he'll have a pissed off Kansas Supreme Court to deal with, with the added pleasure of dealing with it as an ordinary citizen.

Don't blink. Phill Kline's career in law is over.

Baille 7 years, 5 months ago

If Kline violated the gag order once again, he will be the first AG to be found in criminal contempt of court.

There is something to be proud of.

ANd it is so much better to know that he is not out violating court orders out of some sense of nobility of purpose or to stand up for a principle or deeply held belief. He violated the court orders the first time to make himself look better, and now this time - assuming it to be true - to win reelection. Nothing like a good old-fashioned slimeball to bring the sleaze back into partisan politics.

Tom Shewmon 7 years, 5 months ago

I do miss you when you're gone Tychoman, I like you.

And Agnostick, shame on you, I'm voting for a Dem tomorrow, Sharp vs. Praeger--too much of a suck-up to Sebelius.

But, yes, that's OK, proud of you!

This will be interesting and either way, you think we'll live thru it all? Sure we will!

Tychoman 7 years, 5 months ago

Psh I WISH I was out on a date. I'm too stoked for V.E. Day tomorrow when the GOP gets what for.

Aw RT did you miss me that much?

Agnostick 7 years, 5 months ago

I already voted "Republican" several days back, right_thinker...

1) Ron Thornburgh

2) Sandy Praeger

3) Lynn Jenkins

Proud of me?

Agnostick agnostick@excite.com

Tom Shewmon 7 years, 5 months ago

I want every far-leftie to look over this pdf file and sleep on it and vote Republican tomorrow:

Tom Shewmon 7 years, 5 months ago

I think Marion has these on sale now.

Patriotman 7 years, 5 months ago

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

FOR VOTERS THAT BELIEVE THE ELECTIONS ARE RIGGED THERE IS A DEVICE THAT WILL ENSURE YOUR VOTE IS COUNTED.

IF YOU THINK THERE IS A CONSPIRACY AND THAT KARL ROVE SECRETLY RUNS THE COUNTRY THEN VISIT THE LINK FOR YOUR PROTECTION.

bankboy119 7 years, 5 months ago

Actually I think the medical records should be available. It would make my insurance cheaper because I'm healthy. I would also know who I don't want to get too close to because of the diseases they have.

Tom Shewmon 7 years, 5 months ago

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! That's very funny crazyks.

And I bet your real name is Richard Cranium.

Linda Endicott 7 years, 5 months ago

Seems RT has had one of those cranio-rectal inversions...

Tom Shewmon 7 years, 5 months ago

Well, sometimes, it's two, maybe three trips, depending on what I ingested the night before on O'Reilly, H&C, and in the morning on Fox & Freinds.

I'm afraid after tomorrow, it may be time for to switch to a low fiber, high fat, high dairy---lots and lots of cheese.

Where is Tychoman, out on a date?

I've asked xeno if he's voting and he never answered me. How does one complain if you don't/can't vote?

I'll bet there's a big party at Louise's tonight.

Patriotman 7 years, 5 months ago

I guess I need more fiber.

Some days its a big Ted Kennedy and on other days its a John Kerry. I hate it when I get the Dean squirts.

Tom Shewmon 7 years, 5 months ago

I take a good Democrat every morning, like clockwork.

Patriotman 7 years, 5 months ago

Hemmies make wiping your democrat difficult. Don't forget to flush the Pelosi when you're done. A floating Ted is bad form.

Tom Shewmon 7 years, 5 months ago

If O'Reilly doesn't seeing my charted hemmies, I don't....treatment: Mr. right_thinker, we'll need to perform a hemr....,er, I mean a liberodectomy asap!

hehehe

Silence_Dogood 7 years, 5 months ago

Wrong-thinker hates America, and America hates him.

Agnostick 7 years, 5 months ago

My point exactly, moxxie... I kinda doubt parkay would've figured it out on his/her own, anyways.

buffalo_star, where have you been? The 2008 campaign doesn't start on Wednesday--it started way back on Wednesday, November 3, 2004!

Agnostick agnostick@excite.com

moxxie_mama 7 years, 5 months ago

There is a big difference between a patient allowing the release of her records to be reviewed (as in, a criminal investigation for her rape) than someone coming and forcing their way into her medical records. BIG HUGE difference.

buffalo_star 7 years, 5 months ago

Tomorrow this election cycle ends but the next one is hot on its heels, does anyone think the never ending cycle of campaigning is a healthy thing for our republic? Maybe when I was young I tuned in out, sounds like a good idea, I doubt either party will ruin the country or save it.

Kathy Getto 7 years, 5 months ago

parkay:

you said" or a post-viable baby illegally butchered"

Just what is a post-viable baby anyway? To me it HAS to mean post partum, I am certain that is what you meant.

Agnostick 7 years, 5 months ago

So let me guess, right_thinker...

"I've got nothing to hide, so why should I worry?"

Does that about sum it up for you?

Agnostick agnostick@excite.com

Agnostick 7 years, 5 months ago

parkay writes:

"When an under-age girl is raped, or a post-viable baby illegally butchered, that is not a private matter. When you are raped, do you want your medical record used to show the extent of physical damage, and convict your attacker?"

Think about what you just said there. Think about your choice of words, and the power they convey.

"Do you want your medical record used to show the extent of physical damage, and convict your attacker?"

Think long and hard about that, parkay. If you have a problem figuring it out... PM or email me.

Agnostick agnostick@excite.com

local_support 7 years, 5 months ago

Not self-important, just a little conceited.

macon47 7 years, 5 months ago

so, i am still a bit unclear, are the anti abortion people still whooping it up for kline? after all he is doing their bidding?? is this where they kinda wink, wink, nod nod, and pat poor ole phil on the back , with an atta boy? even with all phils bad press, i would think the great and wonderful anti aborters in the state of kansas would still put phil above the rest.

Tom Shewmon 7 years, 5 months ago

"Would you be okay with O'Reilly seeing your own personal medical history, right_thinker?"-Agnostick

Hell, Bill would be bored looking at the medical record of a fine specimen like me. I'm not all self-important like you libs.

Patriotman 7 years, 5 months ago

Scooter Libby did it in the study with a lead pipe.

Ray Parker 7 years, 5 months ago

When an under-age girl is raped, or a post-viable baby illegally butchered, that is not a private matter. When you are raped, do you want your medical record used to show the extent of physical damage, and convict your attacker? I should hope so, for your sake and the sake of other potential or past victims of the attacker. It is difficult enough the way shysters operate to convict a rapist at all, and there are plenty of them roaming around out there.

Agnostick 7 years, 5 months ago

Wow... now there's an objective, level-headed web site...

logrithmic 7 years, 5 months ago

Kline's going down! Like the minister of that anti-gay church in Colorado Springs, who went down figuratively and literally.

Tee hee....

SettingTheRecordStraight 7 years, 5 months ago

O'Reilly probably got his info from an inside source. That is, someone in the abortion industry. http://www.lifedynamics.com/Anti-Abortion_Prolife/Anti-Abortion_Clinics/

With regard to why Kline hasn't sought birth records, isn't it obvious that the industry most likely to cover up underage rape is the abortion industry, not maternity wards? Don't think so? Just look at the website of "Planned Parenthood Exposed" for audio recording proof of PP's disgusting policies. (Turn your speakers on) http://www.plannedparenthoodexposed.com/

white_mountain 7 years, 5 months ago

Kline's obsession with private matters is disturbing.

BigAl 7 years, 5 months ago

right_thinker, I would really like to see you answer Agnostic's question. I think O'Reilly should be investigated and FORCED to answer where he obtained the records he talked about.
Phil Kline and Bill O'Reilly are NOT above the law.

Jamesaust 7 years, 5 months ago

It was fairly clear to anyone who bothered to read the Kansas Supreme Court's decision about the abortion records affair, especially the contempt portions, that the Judges are just hoping that the citizens of Kansas would dump this clown so that they would not have to hold an elected official in contempt and discipline him (with all of the same partisan finger-pointing and name calling like we saw with the school funding issues). (Apparently, only the more mature legal advice of Bob Stephan managed to shut Kline's mouth before he was held in contempt.)

Given recent polls, it appears that the Judges' faith in Kansans will be honored by removing General Phill so that he may, post-office, be appropriately disciplined. If such a legal consequence can also ensnare the charlatan O'Reilly then we should erect a statue in honor of our wise judicial branch.

ashultz 7 years, 5 months ago

If Kline was really truly concerned about rape, incest, and child abuse then he would also be looking at LIVE BIRTHS as well! I haven't seen one indication that he has done so. In addition, he should be inquiring about STD cases, birth control and the like. So, that tends to make me think...yeah - it IS about abortion!

GOPConservative 7 years, 5 months ago

Using Phill Kline's approach to an investigation, every home should have a video camera in the bedroom linked to the AG's office to make sure than no illegal sexual activity occurs.

In America, no investigator is allowed to look into the personal and private lives of everyone just to cull out one or two that might involve a crime.

That's the way things are done in China, not here. Maybe China is where Kline and Ryun should move after the election tomorrow.

After all, Kline uses Chinese-style totalitarianism in his investigations and the fiscally-liberal Ryun borrowed a trillion dollars from the commies to piss away in waste and fraud to the oil companies, defense contractors, pharmaceutical companies and the prostitution and aboriton industries in the Marianas.

I'm sure the Chinese would welcome these two corrupt, nutcase, anti-American, anti-Privacy, big-government socialists to their country. Go, Phill and Jim. Go to China, where the politics better suits your corrupt and repressive totalitarian natures!

fletch 7 years, 5 months ago

I must have forgotten the part of the Republican "small, unobtrusive government" doctrine where it talked about the government sharing medical records with talk show hosts.

Agnostick 7 years, 5 months ago

Agnostick agnostick@excite.com

rhd99 7 years, 5 months ago

Maybe if Bible Thumping KLINE would mind his OWN BUSINESS, none of this would happen. KLINE says in his books, abortions are ILLEGAL. Well, Kline, THINK AGAIN! You & your extremist religious right nut jobs need to THINK more & talk less. You want to save lives, KLINE, making abortions illegal WITHOUT considering the dangers to the health of a pregnant mother-to-be is IMMORAL & reprehensible. You Bible thumpers have also something going against you, Stem Cell research. You say you want to protect human life, then why are you all linking Stem Cell Research with cloning. There is NO such evidence, NONE! Your agruments against abortion were valid UNTIL you all had to have your hands in a cookie jar, thereby, cheating people like Michael J. Fox out of promising medical research that could improve his life dramatically. Well, you know something, KLINE is a disease & so is Jim Talent, Jim Ryun, Jim Barnett (a tale of three Jims, who are NOT gems in today's political environement). You all had your chance, & now the payback from tomorrow's vote is going to be rough, isn't it for YOU? I don't have time or the patience to pay Kline's immoral salary, or his ILLEGAL investigations into people's PRIVATE LIVES without proof! Kline, go join a circus, & STOP polluting the wonderful air of KANSAS, LOSER! Take your extremism KLINE & shove it!

Nate Poell 7 years, 5 months ago

I see that photo of Kline and all I can think is, "Arrrr! Olive Oyl! Ack ackackackackackackack!"

Tom Shewmon 7 years, 5 months ago

".....what comes next? Accessing the medical records of Hillary Clinton?"

If you can get past Bigfoot, I heard they're back together since his hair grew back. She likes 'em hairy, that's for sure.

Agnostick 7 years, 5 months ago

And below the abortion clinic attorneys, STRS, will be found sensationalist right-wing media.

I realize it's most convenient and easy for you, STRS, to walk away from the tough questions. Thankfully, these attorneys are taking a stand for medical privacy rights.

If O'Reilly and Murdoch run roughshod over HIPAA to access abortion rights, what comes next? Accessing the medical records of Hillary Clinton?

Agnostick agnostick@excite.com

Tom Shewmon 7 years, 5 months ago

All these damning stories about Kline ad nauseum falling under this "Election 2006" banner......

rubbing chin and thinking, "Hmmmmmm, I see, I see....Hmmmmmm "OK" still rubbing chin "Yes, I see" still rubbing chin

Kontum1972 7 years, 5 months ago

hmmmm...should of used a rat on a stick for phil k., a number of years ago....the world would be a better place what a waste of flesh...

SettingTheRecordStraight 7 years, 5 months ago

Just below rats, mosquitoes, vultures and parasites are abortion clinic attorneys.