A Lawrence man was accused this week of molesting a boy 11 years ago when he was living in Nebraska.
Lawrence Police on Thursday evening helped other agencies serve a search warrant at the suspect's Clinton Parkway home. The man was charged this week in Lancaster County, Neb., with sexually assaulting a fourth-grade boy in 1995.
"We had a 21-year-old man come into our office the latter part of January and let us know that he had been abused about 10 years ago," Lancaster County Sheriff Terry Wagner said. "I think it just got to a point where this young man needed to get closure, and the way to do that was by reporting it."
Wagner said the investigation that followed included telephone calls and instant messaging between the alleged victim and the suspect in which the suspect acknowledged a past relationship.
It wasn't until after his arrest Thursday in Olathe, Wagner said, that officers learned he was living in Lawrence.
The suspect was being held Friday in the Johnson County Jail.