Law enforcement report
¢ Police cited a 20-year-old man for cruelty to animals and having a fake ID after responding to a call Monday afternoon that a dog had been left in a vehicle in 98-degree heat in the parking lot of Dillons, 1740 Mass.
A witness at the scene told police the man's Australian shepherd had been in the vehicle for about 10 minutes prior to the officer's arrival, according to a report. When police contacted the man, he said he'd been gone no longer than five minutes. As the man was giving police his identification, the officer saw he had a homemade driver's license from another state that said he was 21.
¢ Frank B. Reid, 55, was arrested for aggravated battery early Tuesday after a 47-year-old woman told the Douglas County Sheriff's Office he struck her with an unknown object during a fight in the 1500 section of North 1060 Road. She was taken by ambulance to the hospital.
Burglaries and thefts reported
¢ Between June 16 and 20, someone caused $3,000 in damage to two windows at a Perry-Lecompton school building at 626 Whitfield in Lecompton, according to a Douglas County Sheriff's report.
¢ A 34-year-old Topeka woman had her 2004 Chrysler Sebring valued at $15,000 stolen at 9 p.m. Monday in the 800 block of New Hampshire Street.
¢ A 45-year-old Lawrence woman's 2003 Land Rover valued at $27,500 disappeared between 5:30 a.m. and 6:15 a.m. Monday from the 2300 block of Iowa Street.
¢ Between 3 p.m. and 6 p.m. Monday, an unknown suspect stole a Specialized mountain bike valued at $1,399 from Sunflower Bike Shop, 804 Mass.
¢ A 21-year-old Lawrence man reported his $2,140 Taylor acoustic guitar stolen between 12:30 p.m. Saturday and 2 a.m. Sunday from the 1100 block of Tennessee Street.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
¢ Outside rubbish fire, other, 12:47 a.m. Tuesday, 600 Mass.
¢ Heat from short circuit, defective/worn, 2:04 a.m. Tuesday, 3000 W. 23rd Terrace.
¢ Smoke detector activation due to malfunction, 5:27 a.m. Tuesday, 1800 Engel Road.
¢ Passenger vehicle fire, 1:55 p.m. Tuesday, 2128 Harper St.
¢ Smoke detector activation due to malfunction, 4:04 p.m. Tuesday, 111 E. 11th St.
¢ Smoke detector activation due to malfunction, 10:09 p.m. Tuesday, 319 Bristol Terrace.
¢ Service call, other, 11:18 p.m. Tuesday, 1930 Airport Road.
¢ Outside rubbish, trash or waste fire, 11:25 p.m. Tuesday, 1136 La.
¢ Brush and grass fire, 11:57 p.m. Tuesday, 824 Del.