Archive for Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Fire destroys garage

December 27, 2006


A Tuesday afternoon fire blamed on faulty electrical wiring destroyed a garage in Baldwin City.

The garage was part of Mike Brungardt's home at 920 Grove St. No one was injured, but a dog in the garage had to be revived.

Brungardt said he wasn't sure how the fire started about 2 p.m.

"I was in the house napping when (a neighbor) came pounding on the door about the fire," Brungardt said.

He said he heard the dog yelp once, but when he got in the garage to get the animal, it was lethargic. He took it out and, with help from neighbors, got the dog breathing again.

The home is well-known in Baldwin City for its lavish Christmas display.

The fire caused $35,000 damage, according to Baldwin Fire Chief Allen Craig.


Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.