Law enforcement report
Lawrence Police said Wednesday that in the past 24 hours they handled:
- 251 calls
- 34 reports
- two burglaries
- three thefts
- six noninjury accidents
- one injury accident
Burglaries and thefts reported
- Someone stole $2,748 worth of concrete forms belonging to a Topeka construction company. The theft happened between May 1 and Tuesday at a storage unit in the 1400 section of East 900 Road, according to the Douglas County Sheriff's Office.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- False alarm, 10:24 a.m. Tuesday, 3800 Greenway Circle.
- Carbon monoxide false alarm, 9:43 a.m. Tuesday, 5719 Villa Drive.
- Chemical spill or leak, 9:30 a.m. Tuesday, 2005 E. 17th St.
- Smoke detector malfunction, 9:14 a.m. Tuesday, 1450 Jayhawk Blvd.